Sign in to follow this  
Chimera

wikipedia: Somalia

Chimera   

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Somalia

there something very sinister about the wiki somalia page

i don't know wether it's the candian soldiers or the american black hawk down pictures that Allegdly were put there to give an image of the east african country called ''Somalia''

i don't know how the whole putting a picture thing works

but if one the members here who knows has 5 min to spare can you change the 2 pics on the page and replace them with somali pictures

real somali pictures like this one

somalia.jpg

same with this pic

Most schools & learning institutions do not accept Wikipedia as a reliable source...

Btw,if you feel that what they said about Somalia is untrue,you can always edit it smile.gif [Edit/Adding :Its Achilles heel & Strength]

Chimera   

Originally posted by Pierre-Faarax:

Most schools & learning institutions do not accept Wikipedia as a reliable source...

Btw,if you feel that what they said about Somalia is untrue,you can always edit it
smile.gif
[Edit/Adding :Its Achilles heel & Strength]

yeah but there 2 million editors on the somalia page

you edit

2 million edit it back :D

someone payed them or something :confused:

Chimera   

After 5 months of intense editing i'm tired i can't take it no more to many sinister folk working against me, worst of all some of them are my own blood possessed by the Qabiil demon and you have whole groups of non Somalis working together to mess up the page and turn it back to it's old ugly form

damn it i'm gonna hack the whole damn place

Chimera   

Caano Geel please sign up and help brother

Cara look at the date when i posted this topic the page used to look like the Spanish article looks like today

me don't comprende habla español or me ariba ariba andre andre make fast change

Cara.   

^Interesting.

Dave, I admire your dedication and hardwork. If you need brute force, let me know. I've limited myself to making only minor corrections on Wikipedia, not making creative changes.

Chimera   

Brute force sister brute force they gang up on me :( so sneaky i want to jump in the monitor

cover my back :cool: together Farax&Xalimo we will break em

no? :D

Chimera   

Originally posted by Jimcaale:

If you check the presidents page, it lists Hussein Aideed as interim president in 96-97.

is that wrong? sorry i never liked Somali politics of the last 16 years

ps Cara http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:Culture_of_Somalia <-- a list of Somali topics put them on your watchlist and try to correct any editing-vandal that tries to vandalize the page

Jacpher   

Dave, I am usually current with Somali politics and I have yet to hear Ina Caydiid as interim president in 96-97. I'll have to pass that one to others who are more knowledgeable about these things than me.

Peacenow   

David_Letterman, I know you are spending a lot of time in the sites updating information. So saltue you on that.

Sadly, on a page like Wikipedia, everyone can edit. And even then, on frequent editers there is some kind of a heirachy built into a system. They can basically ban you, if you continually post something, which they challenge.

I tried to edit the A/Y page but was constantly repuffed.

It's also the case, that there is a different perspective on the part of Somali and foreign editors to the page. The ability to present the best case possible is not often there in these posters.

Having checked the Somali page again, it is nowhere upto the standard of some other country pages. The South African page is pretty good.

I will work towards from now to include and update the page. Bigger and better.