Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

Dubai Metro

Originally posted by Amadeus:

quote:Originally posted by Nin-Yaaban:

It looks very modern, better than the Metro system we have here in Dc which were build in the early 70's. Someone mentioned bullet trains, but aren't they for long distance travels as apposed to short distances? Or it could be used for both? No fare evading now Norf, we wouldn't want to read about you here.
smile.gif

I think the tragedy that happened a few months ago in DC made their trains lose credibility for quite some time
They've been having quiet few of those lately. They had a maintenance worker get killed while workin on the tracks. And few suicides with people jumping in front of moving tracks. All in the last few weeks.

NGONGE   

Originally posted by Jacaylbaro:

Do they have Internet connection ?? ,,
:D

Yes. :D

The launch will be on 09/09/09 (watch it live on Dubai TV). :D

I hope i will have time to watch ,,, what is in for me horta ? ,, nothing ,,, so probably i will continue watching "The pirates of the carrebian" movie ,, :D

NGONGE   

Nope but then again the district line has been around for a hundred years. icon_razz.gif

(This is more like the Docklands Light Railway).

Norf, hopefully it won't be crowded with so many people wanting to take it on first day of service. Just remember to 'mind' the gap as they say ;) . Take pics and post it here. Jaceyl whatever happened those pics you promised?

N.O.R.F   

^Will do. Don't think it will be very busy as they are only opening 10 stations out of 29 (Red line). The rest will open in phases before Feb 2010 with the green line opening by June 2010.

N.O.R.F   

BEFORE September 22, 2004: Shaikh Zayed Road as it looked before the work on the Metro started.

7_na_dubai_metro_new_2_5.jpg

TODAY September 6, 2009: Shaikh Zayed Road today - with the Metro infrastructure in place.

7_dubai_metro_timeline_18_5.jpg