Sign in to follow this  
Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar

Soomaalis

Somalis have a striking, which, combined with their ruddy, has earned them the nickname of "fox" in some circles.

Abyssinians and Somalis share the same personality (active, intelligent, playful, curious) and appearance.

Like Abyssinians, they have a dark rim around their eyes that makes them look like they are wearing kohl.

Temperament

They are smart and lively, but also alert and curious. They are freedom-loving and must have plenty of room to roam and explore. [AKA being nomads.]

Behaviours and patterns

There are four main Somali colors officially accepted: Ruddy, red, blue, and fawn. European Somali organizations have a different naming convention: "Usual" for ruddy and "sorrel" for red.

Genetic problems

Many purebred Somalis had significant dental problems due to congenital problems magnified by inbreeding. As a result, many Somalis had to have all their adult teeth removed.

:D:D:D

More on Soomaalis simplified.

Chimera   

walahi i hate them cats everytime i google and i see the lines Somali won the championship i get all excited picturing a compatriot of mine representing but... then that iritating cat pops up redface.gif:( ohhh the earlier days were even worse when my heart stopped beating seeing the words breeding :eek:

Annemiek breeded a Somali WTFFFFFFFF :eek:

DigibAc   

LOL @ "Many purebred Somalis had significant dental problems due to congenital problems magnified by inbreeding. As a result, many Somalis had to have all their adult teeth removed." :D:D

Maskiin, indeed.

Makulaalahaan laakiin sida Soomaalida camal ayee xiitoxiito iyo xayeesi u yihiin. The brief description also matches their namesake's people characteristics:

"They are smart and lively, but also alert and curious. They are freedom-loving and must have plenty of room to roam and explore."

So I see they are also fiery, independent-loving nomads.