Sign in to follow this  
Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar

Speaking of age,

Originally posted by Johnny B:

[QB]

I´d the oportunity to talk to him on the phone once , and he told me that 7 of 9 was the
youngest of the
ONLY
two Somali girls on the net .

as
Jumatatu
was the
youngest
among the guyz
:D

Did this dude just put me in the same category with Juma? Ninku wuu i dhali karaa, I tell ya :mad:

Hey Brown, sheekada noo dhamee noh? What was wrong with your date? or more accurately, what is wrong with your technique? and your lie-detector? miskiin... :D

What was wrong with your date?

More like what was not right with her.

I was naive & quite honestly i was duped by nur. I was a Qaxoti, "FOTB" and he wanted to bring our his hot girlfreind out,so she used the older girl(woman) to sneak out to meet us. Devious? I will let you be the judge.

We went into the Mall,and they were two somali women sitting by the entrance. they stood up!,when they saw us.

One of them wore This red & Yellow dirac,almost blinds you when you first glance @her. The Neon Blue Garbasaar was not any better. The other one had a pair of denim jeans. I thought to myself *Hubba Hubba*. :D

Anyway we got inttroduced,Cali dhuux meet,Heblayo & Heblaayo,this cali dhuux, the usual,we went for the usual,so this is You huh?-yea this is me brouhaha . She was not what i pictured her to be.

She had a haggared and tired face. Somewhat dry, the type that makes you wanna yell "PUT SOME LOTION ON WOMAN!!".

You know the dry face you got when you were back in Africo after a long day of swimming, or the type you get after showering with Sabuun LIIFBOY?, that kinda Dry face.

Her ultra White teeth seemed even whiter against the background pitch black dry face. The kind that makes squint and look for the person. She smiled alot,revealing her clean white teeth(maybe it was the back ground).

All in all it was a horrific sight,HAve in mind i was a young qaxoti from Africa. The image of Qurabaha i had was "LAND OF THE BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE". I imagined everyone looked the way ppl who came to africa from qurbaha. You know dad Nuuraya! :D

Anyway,Off went nuur and his date to the movies. the young Qaxoti was left with the "Beast".

She was nice, asking NORMAL questions.when i came to qurbaha and all that hulabaloo.

Then she kept coming closer to me. I didnt know if it was the Catar she had or a combination of CATAR and Sweat,but the smell almost knocked me from the edge of the mall benches! I moved further,she kept sayin 'Soo Siko,you gonna fall off the bench abowe! 'loool. I almost said something,but i restrained.

TO make a long story short, I ended up being with a WOMAN(The Length of a Movie +commercials) the same age as my Hooyo(ook am lying she was not as old as my mom,but she was out there i tell ya :D ) sitting in a mall cafeteria sipping smoothies and talking. Everyone who passed by kept looking at us.(you can make your own conclusion from here) :D

Castro   

Originally posted by Gediid:

If I am not mistaken the last I heard of Jama Barre he lived in San Jose, CA but that was in the late ninties.I have no idea where he has gone since.....

I'm happy to report Mr. Barreh is alive and well. He is with Sun Microsystems Inc. and back in Austin, TX. Just the excuse I needed to drive out there.

Will report back once I've met with him, for the first time.

Stay tuned.

Abyen   

in 1991 i was five years old, so i don't recall the civil war. my mother told me that i was realy sick so i was transformed into hospital in Syria. in 1994 we came to CAnada. i had my first e-mail in 1999 when i was in grade nine smile.gif

Originally posted by Castro:

I'm happy to report Mr. Barreh is alive and well. He is with Sun Microsystems Inc. and back in Austin, TX. [/QB]

Nice hunting, keep him sweet for us, i'm gonna need a job soon

Brown, please tell me you've had better luck on the net... all these years... :D

Castro, why not invite Jama to SOL to give us a brief history of 'How Somalis evolved on the net'. It would be interesting to know which were the 1st sites and what their contents where.

Castro   

Originally posted by 7 0f Nine:

Castro
, why not invite
Jama
to
SOL
to give us a brief history of 'How Somalis evolved on the net'. It would be interesting to know which were the 1st sites and what their contents where.

I wouldn't be shocked if Jama did have an account here. It may just be dormant.

7, you just want to dig up old dirt, don't you? Well, you're young enough to be around when I pass away and my memoirs are released. Be patient. ;)

CG, the longevity and importance of Jama's career should be an inspiration to all of us. As for hooking you up with a job, can you ride a lawn mower? :D

Faheema.   

Well what we have here…. Internet junkies…Pioneers…Experts :D

1991? I was in my Second year of high school reading Smash hits and Just 17 magazine after watching Neighbours and Home and Away :D … Didn’t discover the internet till a decade later (2001), even then it was limited, emailing only class mates and lecturers. Funny enough I spent almost all of my time in front of a PC yet I didn’t have luxury of surfing the net :( . I would say 2003 is when I started being active in the cyber world; never had I used a forum until then. Though it seems I haven’t missed much smile.gif

Nephissa   

Somalis put the internet era to shame. Misuse and abuse. I'm fed up with the illegitimate rhetoric, put downs, and unethical silliness that goes on almost every Somali site. Sadly the sole purpose of the internet for many is to slaughter somebody's mom or pick a date ( Pahaltalk is a living example.) and respect is noticeably absent. Thus becomes a qashin qub and a constant mud-wrestling match.

Thanks to those Refugee Ressettlement Organizations for putting a computer and an internet connection to every home. I suggest that Somalis reconsider and re-evaluate its place in their lives. No doubt families and marriages are being adversely affected.

Ok, i'm done now, have a nice day ya'll :D

pick a date

Or get duped into a date :D

Pahaltalk is a living example

How do you know all this? ;)

please tell me you've had better luck

7,I plead the 5th smile.gif

Brownie: Never seen, been there. I came to know all that while eavesdropping I swear

Fariid!!; Ala Manajanaa... smile.gif

Leave the Dhaarasho alone Bisha,and bring forth the your first internet 'meet up'. Did he have the jerry curls aka the timo biriq biriq ? or was he 'BALD' aka Yuul ? Give us the Afar kow kow nooh :D

Pujah   

I discovered the internet in 95 but didn't find chatting and foruming till late 97. In 98 I was introduced to Somalinet by a friend and I got hooked but she had to rescue me in 02 and showed me this site. So here I am :D

Salaan...

I can't believe reer Mirc DALnet are here. I was introduced to IRC by Qoslaaye in May, '98. In these years, between '96-'99, reer Scandinavia dominated in that room, #somalia, especially reer Iswiidhan. Then reer Bakistaan/Hindiya ayaa qabsaday oo meeshii dhan balaayo ka dhigay.

Whatever happened to:

• Dalka
  • Talisman
  • Qoslaaye
  • Wiilka
  • Haxpert
  • Ilbuun
  • Outkow
  • Kaal
  • Waardiye
  • Gacalo

I'm happy to report Mr. Barreh is alive and well. He is with Sun Microsystems Inc. and back in Austin, TX.

Tell him he is arguably a pioneer of his own, not only from being the first Soomaali on the net, but possibly the first Horn African on the net too. And thus rightly deserves a shahaado sharaf, virtually.