Sign in to follow this  
Daandurreey

Auction off your virginity

20090521-alina.jpg

Teen now faces more than just the moral issue of auctioning off her virginity to pay for school.

For those who don’t know, Alina Percea, a Romanian teenage girl living in Germany, recently auctioned off her virginity to an Italian businessman for 8,800 pounds.

Her reasoning was to pay for school.

What smacks of a horrible Hollywood movie plot has gone beyond a moral issue to one of economics: the German government is demanding she pay taxes on her earned income. And that could mean over half of her earnings will be taken by the government.

According to a German official:

"It is not a moral standpoint but a fiscal one. Prostitution is not an illegal act in Germany, but not paying tax on earned money is."

Apparently, after the tryst, the 18-year-old discussed how she got along well with the 45-year-old businessman, having “unprotected sex at a luxury Venetian hotel.” Not exactly the poster child for safe-sex; shocking, I know.

Previously, we’ve covered when to draw the line when defending cultural norms, but this feels like it’s gone too far.

It gets worse: Alina had also gone through two medical examinations to prove her virginity. What year are we living in exactly?

Wonder if she still is so keen on him now that she has to part with that much of the money. Kinda makes you wonder if it’s worth it.

What do you think – was the government right to tax her virgin-earnings? Or should they have stopped the transaction in the first place? Share your thoughts below.

http://www.bravenewt raveler.com/2009/05/ 22/romanian-teen-to- pay-half-of-her-virg inity-auctioned-earn ings-to-government/

If there's tax on sex even halaal type, we would be out of recession within few days :D

Fufu It's only fair dee.

What they do say, you can't aviod death and taxes.

I wonder why she only gave it away for only £8,000. eastern european are still cheap miya?

I wonder if a somali woman will ever lower herself that low and who is willing to pay for it. then again the niika is all about that.

MZanzi   

the guys is very ****** I can't say it was worth the money

Che: war ninyoho awgaalow meel walba eey canshuur laso istaagin

PS:Che haye Mur macuntay waligaa? icon_razz.gif

I wonder if a somali woman will ever lower herself that low and who is willing to pay for it. then again the niika is all about that.

:rolleyes: deus succurro mihi ex bardus

p.s Che- must i define prostitution?

Why such a fancy title for a well known occupation

the young lady is a wh0re albeit an expensive one ... in Germany they tax hookers (at least those smart enough to publicize their earnings) so why is she surprised ?

I wonder since it can be taxed can the guy claim it as a business expense :D

LOL @ Fu-Fu .. that is the worst euphism i have heard.