Sign in to follow this  
Suldaanka

Dahabshiil introduces 1st step to ATM machines

^ :D

Words like Trusted, Efficient and Fast come to mind when I think of Dahabshiil.

Originally posted by ThePoint:

^What do you mean Somalis? You mean FB - all good. They're gonna need big *** atm machines - wheel barrow full needed to make a $10 purchase.

To my knowledge, by default Dahabshiil agents deal US Dollars but they also have exchange facilities if you want to covert them to local currency.

ADNAAN   

This is great news.

FB - all good. They're gonna need big *** atm machines - wheel barrow full needed to make a $10 purchase.

You are right, I guess the machines will have to dispense cash in dollars. Swiping the card at the counter is another good use to it

ElPunto   

Originally posted by Suldaanka:

^
:D

Words like Trusted, Efficient and Fast come to mind when I think of Dahabshiil.

quote:

^What do you mean Somalis? You mean FB - all good. They're gonna need big *** atm machines - wheel barrow full needed to make a $10 purchase.

To my knowledge, by default Dahabshiil agents deal US Dollars but they also have exchange facilities if you want to covert them to local currency.
Ahh good point. I've always wondered why Somalis don't reconsitute their currencies and make bills of bigger denominations or knock off a few zeros from the exchange rates by printing new bills. The Somali shilling is hampered here by its use in other parts of Somalia but the Somaliland shilling could manage a rework like that.

^^I think that is just a surgical solution to the problem.

I would prefered if they did something to actually improve the value of the currency instead of reworking the numbers on the notes.