Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Please give..Help those who are helpless

DUUFAAN.jpg

Many thanks, to admin for giving us a way to help alleviate the suffering of the survivors the Tsunami.

Please give, anything will be better than nothing.

Please contribute in anyway that you possibly can.

Emperor   

Inaa lilaahi Wa inaa ilayhi raajicuun

Ilaahay ha unaxaristo dadkii muslimiinta ahaa ee kudhintay. AAAAMIIIInnnn

Thanks for admin's great suggestion of help

Smith thambs up,

But seriously brothers and sisters this is a time where we must act before its too late, Remember your help matters a lot and more would die out of hunger and lack of help as a result of your ingnorance. Lets be responsible and help

Please donate

Xudeedi   

inaalilaahi wainaileehi raajicuun. thanks bro Smith for posting this.

I will definately make contribution to the donation and I will raise an awareness through the following relief organazations.

International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies

P.Box 372 Ch-1211

Geneva 19 Switzerland

http://www.ifrc.org

World Food programme

http:www.wfp.org

Direct Relief International

http://www.directrelief.org

Doctors Without Borders

P.Box 2247 New York Ny 10116-2247

http://www.doctorswithoutborders.org

Sky   

I allready paid 100 dollars man, to my grandpa who knows people who know people. You know the Somali style of raising funds right. So sorry I ain't got no money left in my pockets, let alone creditcard na'm sayin.

Ina Lillahi Wa Ina Ileyhi Rajicun. Somalia is number 5 of hardest hit countries, that's not small potatoes. Just day before yesterday I saw this Somali coastal village on the homepage of cnn.com. Than you know it's serious.

how do i know where my money is going if i use the link on sol's front page. i mean, do we get a receipt, what exact organizations will the money be going to? cause when i look at it, im tempted to try another route.

BN   
^^Good point; I think a lot of nomads may be thinking along the same line. It might help relieve doubts about donating if the Admins shed some light on the subject.

Xudeedi   

Good News. WFP has sent first aid to Somalia.

SOURCE

"The United Nations World Food Program (WFP) has dispatched 277,000 kg of food aid to assist thousands of Somalis affected by the tsunami, a WFP official said here Monday.

A total of 198,000 kg of food has already reached the areas so far identified as in need of assistance following the effects of the huge waves on the northeastern coast of Somalia, and another 79,000 kg food aid is still on the way, said Laura Melo, the WFP'spublic information officer for Africa.

The WFP is making plans to assist up to 30,000 Somalis affectedby the tsunami for the next six months, and a total of 2,700,000 kg of food aid worth 2.8 million US dollars has been requested forthe operation, Melo said in a statement.

Four WFP teams are currently working in Somalia to assist victims of the tsunami, distributing food and assessing the damageon the ground, said Melo.

About 30,000 to 50,000 people in Somalia are in need of immediate assistance after the Horn of Africa country was hit hardby tidal waves at the weekend, the WFP said, adding most of them are fisherman who lost their boats, fishing equipment and household contents."