Sign in to follow this  
GAAROODI

Somali Gangs Building Crime Empires in the UK.

GAAROODI   

London, Apr.11 (ANI): Violent Somali gangs are building crime empires in Britain through a brutal campaign of terror, the Daily Star reports.

Buzz up!

The self-styled soldiers are raking in thousands of pounds a day through house raids and armed robberies. They are also committing savage acts of violence to protect their money-spinning businesses.

Drugs, guns and knives plague two Somali communities, in London and Liverpool.

On the tough backstreets of Toxteth, Liverpool, kids were walking home from school as Somali dealers as young as 14 sold crack cocaine outside a grotty corner shop.

Some of the gangsters were born in Liverpool. Others had fled their war-ravaged nation at an early age.

The paper quoted a 24-year-old ex-gang member, who had served four years in jail for attempted murder, as saying: "When you grow up surrounded by rape and murder and violence and war, anything's going to be a better life. (ANI)

GAAROODI   

This is so true....just commin out of Camden Station there are rows of Somali's outside the station selling weed and other stuff. Was there for a party a few months ago. A little place next to the river in Camden Town.

Somali's are making a larger percentage of the jail population over the past 12-15 years especially. In west london there building crime empires, cause alot of them are drop outs and see this way of making quick cash.

sad but true. tarnishing the somali name along with pirates and extremists and warlordism.

i use to work in Camden and i know all too well what your describing Gaaroodi.

so bloody embarrassing its unreal.

I must be blind to this cause i too worked in Camden for 3 years and i have yet to see a Somali selling drugs.

i know there is crime peroblem with Somali youths but don't fall the line that the Media has decided to follow.

I do not belive that porpotionally youths of Somali decent are any more criminal than other groups is just that these Youths are normally down the pecking order of crime lords and have to undertake the street level crimes which in turn means they get caught more frequently.

A_Khadar   

Originally posted by GAAROODI:

This is so true....just commin out of Camden Station there are rows of Somali's outside the station selling weed and other stuff. Was there for a party a few months ago. A little place next to the river in Camden Town.

Somali's are making a larger percentage of the jail population over the past 12-15 years especially. In west london there building crime empires, cause alot of them are drop outs and see this way of making quick cash.

Are those included the LANDERS???

this doesnt have anything to do with politics A_Khadar, of-course elements will inlcude 'Landers' they do after all makeup a percentage of Somalis in UK. this affects all Somalis regardless of where they originally came from.

GAAROODI   

saxib, we are all somali's in the U.K. that other politics is for Africa. but resistance how can you not see them. You must go home early. look out across the station near the bridge and they are there, i was leaving around 11:30 and they were their. Apparently there are somali female gangs as well known as the Dh---o's for sale.

sad stuff. The U.K. is going to screw us over, we gotta go back man.

GAAROODI   

my advice to my brothers and sisters here in the U.K. find yourself a good ambitious man or women and move to the middle east, no tax and good money or set up your own company in the U.K. give it to someone to manage and settle down in Africa.

GAAROODI   

i met some kids in hargaisa the original daqan celis, all of them were like drug dealers there for rehabilitation, as soon as they get off the airplane they are taken the mickey out of.

some of them are starting criminal enterprises back home, using rapper nick names like 2-pac and biggy to identify themselves.

looool.

Aaliyyah   

There was an article I was reading recently abt somalis in Alberta Canada who are in the drug business. It was just heart breaking...

The other day this old black guy from ghana stopped me on my way to uni...and he was like "what is up with the somali community why is this happening"? talk about being embarrassed to even wanna talk abt it? of course there is no need for me to be embarrassed about another man's bad deeds but really it kinda reflects on us somalis..I didn't have an answer for it...I was just tongue tied? what can one say about our community?? our parents came here to give us a better life yet here are many young Somalis screwing their lives and throwing away the opportunity their parents gave them?? many somali parents who left the war zone literally put their lives in the line to bring their kids abroad..waa yabasa dad badan marka ka shekeeyaan wixi so maray markay dalka ka imanayeen..any of them could have just went to another city in somalia but they chose not to so they can give their kids an opportunity...yet here are so many somali youth turning out wrong..its just too much to even take in walahi..

Hopefully, when we become parents being educated we can have the means to provide better lives for our kids n given that we have a better understanding of the system our kids will not be neglected and they will have a better turnout than our generation did...

salaam

Blessed   

Daily Star? Who wants some salt?

Somali kids aren't angels, I've worked with many troubled youth but this is OTT. These kids were born and bred in the UK so what war, rape and killing ayay ka hadlayaan?