Old_Observer

What can Somalis learn from Kurds situation?

I think this will be final lesson the Syrian Kurds are going through and will be lesson for all Kurds.

Unless the world falls into totall chaos, its impossible to gather all Kurds in one state or country of their own.

The Syrian Kurds attempted to copy Iraq Kurds for autonomy and if lucky for independence. They forgot there is a big difference.

Iraq Kurds are friends with Turkey. Iraq Kurds are different clans than the once in Turkey.

Iraq has 3 main groups that are big and many small once. Syria does not have big group, all are small.

Syrian Kurds made one cardinal mistake against Syria. Not only did they co-operated with America Israel, but totally went against Syria and committed a lot of crimes against Syria, believing that America and Israel will succeed in toppling Assad and end to Syria.

NFD equivalent to Iran Kurds

Kililka = Iraq Kurds

What do you think?

Dhaqaale   

What do I think? Well all the data shows that by 2030 all Somalis will be living under foreign governments. N&N cannot save Somalia. Nor can Somaliland. Both will be removed. The natural resources of the Horn will go to European and American companies.

11 hours ago, Dhaqaale said:

What do I think? Well all the data shows that by 2030 all Somalis will be living under foreign governments. N&N cannot save Somalia. Nor can Somaliland. Both will be removed. The natural resources of the Horn will go to European and American companies.

Somalis shortly will give up with each of the shenanigans, go to Garowe and say, OK show us how to do it, better yet do it. There will be tremendous pressure from Kililka, Djibouti and even the diaspora which is now more powerful than a clan.

SWS and Jubaland have no objection to Garowe. The Mudugs will come around since every step forward are going two steps back.

N&N is finished. Hopefully the end will be peaceful.

galbeedi   
1 hour ago, Old_Observer said:

SWS and Jubaland have no objection to Garowe. The Mudugs will come around since every step forward are going two steps back.

I am the kind of a guy who have mostly high hopes about the future of Somalis. If neighbors and others could not destroy us when were refugees scattered around the globe , politically weak and fragmented, decimated by warlords, feeling destitute in refugee camps;  now that the lion has risen from the wound , at least psychologically it will be difficult to turn the clock back and hold these semi clan conferences.

We have nothing to learn from the Kurds. Unlike them we already have internationally recognized Somali states. The missing states NFD and KIlil will be managed from Mogadishu sooner or later.

You are right that we the diaspora are a power to be reckoned with .We will shake world capitals with huge demonstrations and make African and Arab despots to be very careful of our affaires.

6 hours ago, galbeedi said:

I am the kind of a guy who have mostly high hopes about the future of Somalis. If neighbors and others could not destroy us when were refugees scattered around the globe , politically weak and fragmented, decimated by warlords, feeling destitute in refugee camps;  now that the lion has risen from the wound , at least psychologically it will be difficult to turn the clock back and hold these semi clan conferences.

We have nothing to learn from the Kurds. Unlike them we already have internationally recognized Somali states. The missing states NFD and KIlil will be managed from Mogadishu sooner or later.

You are right that we the diaspora are a power to be reckoned with .We will shake world capitals with huge demonstrations and make African and Arab despots to be very careful of our affaires.

I like your self confidence and reliance. Without it nothing worthy can be achieved and if by any chance is achieved will be lost easily.

The Kurdish have never been united. They do not have recognized state, but have support from time to time equivalent to state. British empire, French empire, American empire/Israel, EU...have treated them from time to time like a state.

Duufaan   
11 hours ago, Old_Observer said:

I like your self confidence and reliance. Without it nothing worthy can be achieved and if by any chance is achieved will be lost easily.

The Kurdish have never been united. They do not have recognized state, but have support from time to time equivalent to state. British empire, French empire, American empire/Israel, EU...have treated them from time to time like a state.

It is easy to use and take advantage of the nomadic society like the Kurds. They never learned a lesson from their early mistakes. 

There are groups, that want to be Somali Kurd but in general, Somalis quickly understands the motive of foreign powers.

I agree with Galbeedi, the time is with Somali people. It all most like 1950. Somali nation rebirth is on the way slowly with Allah's will.