Sign in to follow this  
ailamos

Kenya seeks end to visa row after Dubai rulers expelled

NGONGE   

^^ No idea who, saaxib. But in their country and when it came to immigration rules, they always did whatever they wanted to do regardless of the foe.

This business of them only doing it to Africans is nonsense. Even more so when we keep hearing endless stories of misbehaving Westerners being arrested, questioned or deported.

ailamos,

What dire consequences when you refuse Visa's to people with no University degrees? (from any part of the world). :D

This is simply a political slap on the face for the Kenyans. The Minster went to kowtow and everything will be fine in days.

P.S.

Not all of the UAE are applying this rule. Only Dubai (I think).

There are hundreds of Europeans and other western citizen in UAE prisons for credit dept that they couldn't pay. Something they would have simply claim bankruptcy in their countries. If they fear the west so much, shouldn't they let these guys go?

Oz   

Originally posted by Norfsky:

Want to make a quick buck gents?

Alaab aan u rari karnaa Kiiniya and we will make a biscuit.

Thinking!!! Keep talking. :D

LOL! They're teaching Kenyans a lesson. How dare they hold members of the 'ruling' family or anyone who is an Arab decendant in Kenyan jail ayagoo African ah? Xaasha!

Oh well, it IS their country and thus can do as they please.

ailamos   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

ailamos,

What dire consequences when you refuse Visa's to people with no University degrees? (from any part of the world).
:D

Good point, :D for one I could foresee Bon Jovi and Britney Spears concerts being cancelled and potential problems with Richard Branson and Steve Jobs ;)

Not all of the UAE are applying this rule. Only Dubai (I think).

I didn't know Dubai independently managed its immigration matters, kinda reminds me of Arizona...

NGONGE   

^^ Don't wink at me warya. :D

I dare say they would ban Britney and Bon Jovi if it's found that the two have no degrees. War wax fahan dee. The Dubai authorities are rigid like that.

Groove Rider went down for FOUR YEARS!

Here is a suggestion, google the words "arrested in Dubai" and see how many different Westerners got done. :D

P.S.

The Kenyans deserve it. Fancy arresting tourists on the charges of terrorism and BRIBERY. :mad:

Originally posted by chocolate & honey:

LOL! They're teaching Kenyans a lesson. How dare they hold members of the 'ruling' family or anyone who is an Arab decendant in Kenyan jail ayagoo African ah? Xaasha!

Oh well, it IS their country and thus can do as they please.

The UAE, ruling family have done good things in Kenya, I remmeber a School in Mombasa by the name of Sayid Kahalifa as an example. Sayid Khalifa is now the head of the clan in the UAE.

I agree with "stuff & nonsense" on this one. The UAE, and its family are no pushover and Kenya should watch it. :D

Kenyan started doing uncle Sam's dirty laundry(war on terror) lately so little karbaash way u baahan tahay!

Today 8 young Somali coast guards were handed over to them by the British navy patrolling Somalia's waters, so they can stand trial on piracy charges. Bal Kenyaay maxaa kaa galay howshaas. :D:D

BiLaaL   

Qatar is also starting to flex its muscles. If it doesn't backtrack, it is set to cancel its current policy of issuing visas upon arrival for citizens of so-called 'affluent' countries - including France, the UK and US. This change is set to be in force by 1 May.

Apparently, this change will only apply to countries who currently do not offer visas to Qatari nationals upon arrival. In other words, the Qataris are saying we shall treat you as you treat us. It is only fair.

STOIC   

Hahaa too bad I renounced my Kenyan citizenship.I think this was a brilliant restriction. Kenyan's are apologizing now to the United Arab Emirates for their immigration blunder that saw top UAE officials deported.Though the Visa restriction was a smart idea to slap Kenyan's immigration officials I doubt if that rules will affect Kenyans, after all they can purchase fake degrees....I need to print some Devry degrees and sale it to the Kenyans...

PS Kenyan's are the most educated folks in East Africa....

ailamos   

Originally posted by BiLaaL:

Qatar is also starting to flex its muscles. If it doesn't backtrack, it is set to cancel its current policy of issuing visas upon arrival for citizens of so-called 'affluent' countries - including France, the UK and US. This change is set to be in force by 1 May.

Apparently, this change will only apply to countries who currently do not offer visas to Qatari nationals upon arrival. In other words, the Qataris are saying
It is only fair.

Good for them. I hope more will follow suit...