Sign in to follow this  
Buuxo

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome

Haneefah   

^Run Sheeg?? :D

Originally posted by *Buuxo*:

he replys 'Oh you & I don't need to worry about that ' meaning dark people

On the contrary, darker skin doesn't produce Vit D as quickly as lighter skin for darker skin absorbs less sun exposure (in addition, muhajabas are blocking more sun). So it's good that you insisted to do the test.

I am very sorry to hear about your state, but I would advice against believing this diagnosis. Honestly, I am usually a doctor's worst nightmare as I like to challenge them - I have a problem with their inclination to give a quick diagnosis and rush you to meds, as someone mentioned. Very few of them take the time to do a thorough assessment and try to address upstream factors that greatly affect our health.

No one knows your body, health behaviors, or lifestyle as well as you do. Thus the onus is on you to get informed and change your lifestyle by incorporating health promoting and preventing behaviours/practices. If you haven't already done so, I would highly recommend seeing a nutritionist and to start with a change in your diet (takes incredible amount of will and discipline to maintain, but your health matters the most!).

I myself have been feeling extremely tired and lacking energy lately; but it was sort of expected considering my last term's doubled workload which brought about poor diet (high caffeine & carbs, less fruit & veggies, and very low water intake), no exercise except my walk to and from campus, sleep deprivation, and high stress. I am paying the price this term! So I know exactly what you're experiencing sis :(

Insha Allah, all the best, Allah yashfeek dear.

P.S. What kind of Iron supplement are you taking? Sometimes physicians will prescribe you slow releasing type to avoid side effects, but the fast releasing type might be more effective (you just have to increase your fibre intake to avoid the side effects).

Aaliyyah   

Buuxo I have iron defeciency too. I don't think its that of a big deal. Mainly, whenver am studying i see myself getting tired pretty fast so I did a blood test and it turned out I have low Iron level. So for the past few months i was taking iron supplements..it kinda helped. But, as someone mentioned before it's all abt the diets and the food intake. I skip a lota of meals especially breakfast when am running to my early classes so that had its effect I guess.

As they all said eat healthy, and exercise. Inshallah it will work out. And, someone mentioned earlier it's all about what you believe sometimes and I agree with that statement...adaa xanuun isku noqon kara hadad amintid in aad xanuun qabtid. Take it easy inshallah and take care of your overall health...

salaam

Buuxo   

^Aaliya,Anaemia ma sahlano.If your Iron levels are low (or terribly low in my case) that means the oxygen-carry capacity of your blood is reduced & then not enough oxgen will reach your brain etc. Hence the feeling of lethargic.

Paragon,Ma noolshahey adiga ? Ma fiilayi in'aay tahey Isfiilato ,maybe Tifoow. Mind you i don't know what both mean :D . Anyways thanks for the duco. Iskaabulonimo aaba ahaa wayaahan.Mindaa ayada u'sabab ah?

Haneefah, Yeah I know.I have been careless about my health for the past years.Eating poor ,like you coffee,shaah & junk food is all i survived on at my uni days and it's catching up with me & not to mention depleted my Iron stores. I have made changes so far ,which i hope to see the results soon,Inshallah.I will also look into seeing a Nutritionist. Adna bal is'ilaal and isku roonow.And hope you feel better too Sis.

I have had in the past,Iron tablets(which i was not a fan of) as well as the injections .And soon will have the Iron infusion.I need to get some rapid iron in me ,which diet alone can't achieve.And soon I'll be bouncing off the darbis( as some1 tells me) inshallah.

FB, Aaheey.

Paragon,Ma noolshahey adiga ? Ma fiilayi in'aay tahey Isfiilato ,maybe Tifoow. Mind you i don't know what both mean [big Grin] . Anyways thanks for the duco. Iskaabulonimo aaba ahaa wayaahan.Mindaa ayada u'sabab ah?

funny you should mention this buuxo; I hope someone can clear this up for me;

Isfiilato = syphilis

which is a sexually transmitted disease, so why does almost everyone from Somalia claim this damn disease. I am not kidding some wear it like a badge of honour .. wiil/gabadh/islaan/oday.. waxa lagu odhan .. daaya wiilka wuu xanaaq badanyahay .. isfiilato ayuu qabaa !

and I think, ceeb allaha astura .. waxaas wax la sheegto miyaa .. what happened to the good old days .. wagii STD's la qarsan jiray ?

Buuxo   

^Are you serious? Syphilis aad qabtaa buu igu yiri ? :mad:

GJ,I don't know about somalis but i never claimed to have syphilis. About the xanaaq part ,later stages of syphilis brings about neurological problems.Marka that might explain why they use it to caay people oo xanaaqa bad or waalan-rabo.

Parago,you are off-side . And you must pay the penalty for ruining my dirac or SOL persona with your Isfiilato remark. Pay up with a 24 stanza dhaanto.

^ I doubt he meant it that way walaal.

la iskuma caayo intaan arkay. people actually claim they have even if there is nothing wrong with them ... there has to be some other meaning behind it; marka bahasha meeshay ka qasantahay ma garan.

Ilaahay ha ku caafiyo walaal.

Western Medical discourse has a habit of theorising normal ill health as specific related illnesses. Chronic Fatigue Syndrome is another way of saying your getting older and less capable of performing daily functions as usual. Dont fight nature and age gracefully with dignity.

Aaliyyah   

when I said it's not big deal,I meant your iron level can easily come back to normal.All you have to do is eat food that has enough iron in it, and the supplements along with it.

inshallah all the best.

salaam