Sign in to follow this  
Baashi

Manliness of man

O' ye, do let us lament the decline of man. Those goddamned feminists! :mad: '

Manliness...What a quaint litte term. I think the article is nothing but a howl at the moon (wolves have always been very manly).

Khayr, I can't seem to make sense of your post. But that's nothing new.

Originally posted by Baashi:

Your views are understandable given the fact that you are an open minded fella :D Remember on the SOL forum, anyone can have their opinion on anything. There is no wrong opinion just a different opinion. I figure the Admin. and Moderaters (bless their heart) understand and appreciate the diversity of opinions posted on this forum.

Ok.You welc.Laakin whats the point of this?. Had it been a forum without 'opinions'and or mods that 'understand' diversity,you wouldnt have entertained the thought? :D

Now if u were not tailgating my good cyber acquintance Miss Athena, u would have at least paid attention to the details.

Actually,until she posted,i didnt read that article 'New science of sex' i thought i mustave missed it or some.Besides the pdf file was kinda slow, so you are right,she did 'raise my awareness', But that still doesnt change the fact that it still relates to the topic,no? smile.gif

is that the qualities that have traditionally attributed to "manliness man" are no more.

To which i quiped and pondered[Which btw you havent refuted and or subsantiated], That perhaps men just assumed that role and that there were no 'feminist'back then that may have not challenged them enough? :confused: as shown by the monkey experiment.

And now that the're 'feminist' who are challenging that dominance evrywhere[even in sol ;) ],that perhaps they may have just 'lost' it and or just gave up?

Edited:Horta lets take an example of sol here;for instance QacQac & co, they were outpowered by the feminazi(No pun intended you hotties] quadlets of Opi,Xquizit,Athena & Zephy[And Xafsa]. They were challenged,and frankly fed to the dogs. After loosing battle after battle of the sexes here in sol,these men just threw in the towel ,did they loose it?,did they become girlie men? mhmm...food for thought icon_razz.gif

Awoowe berrigaan yaraa gabdhaha si gaara yaa raxmad iyo gacallo loogu muujin jiray.

Unfortunatly[fortunatly for some of us] 'berigaad yareed' lama joogo.So get with the programme nooh :D

Baashi, only you can patronize and call me a feminist so elegantly, it hardly seems insulting ;)

Anyways, the article is a primitive shoveling piece of crap! It equates manliness with being aggressive, insensitive and heroic. As if these traits are to be restricted to one gender and dismisses other qualities like sympathy as womanly.

Manliness can be heroic

It insists women should be strong and aggressive--like men.

There is an abundance of manliness in action in America today.
Young males still pick fights, often with deadly weapons

Manliness offers gallantry to women

Manly men are romantic about women;
unmanly men are sympathetic

Manliness is a quality that causes individuals to stand up for something.

Manly men defend not just their turf but their country. Manliness is best shown in war

And then there is the cheap Feminist rhetoric. As if feminism is one solid concept.

Contemporary feminists, and the women they influence, have essentially a single problem with manliness: that it excludes women

The “sensitive male†who mimics many female emotions and interests, while discarding the small favors men have traditionally done for women, is mostly just a creation of contemporary feminists who are irritated with the ways of men

Feminists find all sexual roles objectionable.

According to feminists, any traditional notion that the different sexes complement each other serves merely to justify the inferiority of women.

The author seems like one of those deluded men who think anything related to the promotion of women's rights, interests, and issues is driven by want/jealousy of the penis. LoL.

I find it hard to believe intelligent men like Baashi read these articles and nod their heads in agreement… but hey. :D

Is "manliness" in decline? If the answer is affirmative, what caused this decline? If the answer is negative, how can one explain the rise of "girly men"?

By definition of what manliness in the article is.. YES. Why? Its called evolving/advancing societies..

Like Brown said... get with the times ;)

shyhem   

^^

You surely have opinions,i wonder where they come from?Certainly not from your mum.

You just need to know amanly man does not have afeminine side,just rough,raw and rugged by the elements ;)

^Shes on shahi,let her be man. smile.gif

It equates manliness with being aggressive, insensitive and heroic

Seven!;Wait! ,if this is not manliness then what is manliness? :confused:

Originally posted by shyhem:

You just need to know amanly man does not have afeminine side,just rough,raw and rugged by the elements

LoL. Does he not shower either? Or would that be considered a non-'manly' thing to do? :D

Johnny B   

A redefination of what is manly is badly needed.

If you put a woman on a pedestal and try to protect her from the rat race, you're a male chauvinist.

If you stay home and do the housework, you're a pansy.

If you don't work enough, you're a good-for-nothing bum.

If she gets a job ahead of you, it's equal opportunity.

If you mention how nice she looks, it's sexual harassment.

If you keep quiet, it's male indifference.

If you cry, you're a wimp.

If you don't, you're an insensitive ******* ..

Men have always been how women describe ,m ,not the wolves we really think we are :D

Baashi   

Aero and 7's protestation is understandable for they are woman :D and this kinda article can provoke their feminist side ;) even though the author made it clear that he's not for reversing whatever rights women have gained in the past (their beenguur iyo kees iska waal is totaly unjustified). What's not so clear to me is where Brown is getting the inspiration to strongly protest against the mere mention of manly man! In any event, I politely decline to get on a program the likes of Brown are piloting ;)

Now, my boy Stud the one and only Mr. Johnny B is talking about something the good old prof @ Harvard has shied away :D I figure street smart like Johnny who has an impeccable reputation of being man in sync with the times can persuade nomads about the need to restore the qualities real men are known to have before the onslought. My guess is he would use anything necessary to succeed the task at hand even if his newly acquired arsenal - philosophy - has to be brought to bear :D

Go get it stud :D If need be Shyhem the businessman is at hand.

What's not so clear to me is where Brown is getting the inspiration to strongly protest against the mere mention of manly man!

Niyow,i am victim. I have been de 'Manlified',if you will :D

No seriously,i never objected to the concept itself. Merely stating that some men gave up after the feminist put up a fight[a formidable one indeed].I am actually on ur side here. ;)

In any event, I politely decline to get on a program the likes of Brown are piloting

:D

Castro   

Originally posted by Baashi:

In any event, I politely decline to get on a program the likes of Brown are piloting
;)

Baashi, are you saying Brown is a girlie man?

This topic and its responses remind me of the governor of California, Ahnold, who called democrats girlie men for refusing something or another that he needed. The implication is obvious and clearly uses the girl reference to indicate weakness and being a wimp. Well, those things are not associated with being a girl or a woman. In fact, the girlie man insult, which is allegedly the opposite of the manly man term of endearment, is just that, a slur. What is a manly man? A double man? A big man? A fierce fighting man? One with a deep voice? How about one with lots of body hair? A gangster with gunshot wounds? How about a warlord? Is that a manly man?

A manly man is a concept pushed by those whose social inadequacy is glaringly evident. It's a cheap and futile attempt to detract from real issues of decline in assumption of responsibility. What is in decline is not the manliness of man but the humanity of man. Fortunately, however, women and the so called girlie men are picking up the slack.

Baashe, you should’ve drawn a vial on this topic! Qalanjooyinkii oo dhan baad ka caraysiisey. Especially my Falxado :D .

On a serious note, because of our mannish qualities you and me has already made to the endangered species list. And it could be a sign of the hour that good Brown deserted us when we needed him most. May be our manly stride is the only weapon left against this lynching crowd, Saaxiib. :D

Castro,

Yours reflect the attitude of behaviorally-modified and self-demoted man of this feministic age :D . Good luck with your simplistic view of the two genders, saaxiib.

Castro   

Originally posted by xiinfaniin:

Good luck with your simplistic view of the two genders, saaxiib.

Et tu, Xiin, much luck to you with your complex, yet primitive, views on the genders. You will need the luck more than I do. :D

You see, good Castro, there are certain qualities in the so-called primitive social structure which your subverted feminist movement is in dire need. And certainly diluting your mannish qualities and adopting feministic sensitivities is not some thing that super-sonic Xiin would find appealing :D . That is not to say that feminism is a weakness of sort. Rather, Shuuciyohow :D , is to reject the mindless of feminist movement: reversing roles, breaking gender bounders, and perhaps, and in a pure coincidence, erecting a new gender-based boundaries.

Adeer ceeb maahan inuu ninku dumarka ka duwanaado. smile.gif

Castro   

Originally posted by xiinfaniin:

Adeer ceeb maahan inuu ninku dumarka ka duwanaado.
smile.gif

Mayee ceeb maaha. Waxa ceeb ah, laakin, inuu ninka fiicnaashihiisu ku xidhnaado dumarka xumaantooda.

Shuucinimaduna aniga iyo adigaba way inoo ficantahay, saaxib. La'aanteed waa lagu garba beeli.

As for the feminist movement, on whose behalf I do not speak, I suspect there is great worry among men, of all cultures mind you, that the success of women will come at the expense of men. An irrational fear that begets irrational behavior such as the manly man movement. ;)