Sign in to follow this  
Pacifist

1 Million Strong to Build a Village in Somalia

Pacifist   

Brothers and Sisters you can help by just joining and you don't have to give money or anything else. They are pledging to give $100,000.00 for 1 million ppl. That can make a huge difference.

To the admin I apologize in advance is this is some way of advertising but its for a good cause.

www.UniFersal.com

http://www.liftkids.org/main/content/view/144/65/lang,en/

UniFersal.com has teamed up with, the non-profit organization, Lift Kids to give everyone an opportunity to help out with the crisis in Somalia without paying anything. UNIFERSAL.COM HAS PLEDGED TO GIVE $.10 TO THE CAUSE FOR EVERY PERSON THAT BECOMES A MEMBER ON WWW.UNIFERSAL.COM FROM NOVEMBER 30TH 2007 TO APRIL 30TH 2008. The goal is to achieve one million new members by April 30, 2008. It does not cost anything to become a member or to use the services of UniFersal.com.

Why Somalia?

Somalia has the worst humanitarian crisis in Africa. Seventeen years of civil war has caused an economic collapse throughout the country. According to United Nations officials, Somalia has higher malnutrition rates, more current bloodshed and many fewer aid workers than Darfur, which is often publicized as the world's most pressing humanitarian crisis and has taken clear priority in terms of getting United Nations-backed aid. The people in Somalia are hungry, exposed, sick and dying. The few aid organizations willing to brave a lawless, notoriously dangerous environment cannot provide enough relief to help the suffering people.

About the Village

Lift Kids Villages are built to last, utilizing best-practice methods, and are intended to become self-sustaining by teaching entrepreneurial self-sufficiency and putting it into action to cover all operating costs. Kids learn the skills needed to both survive and thrive, and their community benefits from long-term sustainability.

About UniFersal.com

The word UniFersal was derived from two words, “Universal” and “Free”. These two words are the building blocks of UniFersal.com. The website is an online marketplace where you can buy, sell, rent or swap anything, anywhere in the world, for free. UniFersal.com went live in July 2007 and already has members from around the globe. It is connecting buyers and sellers locally, nationally, and internationally.

About Lift Kids

Lift Kids is a Minnesota-based nonprofit service enterprise taking action on the plight of impoverished children via a philanthropic franchise model centered around what they call the Lift Kids Village. They have assembled a volunteer corps of experts ready to go build villages and seed sustainable change.

Why join UniFersal.com?

UniFersal.com, Inc. is dedicated to improving the world that we live in by giving back to the communities that need it most. For every new member that UniFersal.com gets, it will donate $.10 to building a village in Somalia. The company is giving the entire world an opportunity to help people in need by simply becoming a member on a free website.

Join the site, and please invite all your friends to join and help the cause

Baluug   

While I like the idea and I will join soon insha Allah, I would personally rather see Somalis getting paid to build these villages rather then foreign volunteers. It gives Somali people an option of having a job that doesn't require holding a weapon for once.

Pacifist   

Thanks Rudy and Cadaan, Its so simple and you ain't even paying anything, we are online all the time anyways. I agree Cadaan I would rather see Somalis do it but never the less they are giving the money to Somalis, so am for it. It will help.

Thanks again

Baashi   

Count me in Allah willing. Volunteers are the way to go for they don't take a penny out of the money set aside for this cause whereas employing the locals (makes sense by the way) entails spending money out of the fund.

Good topic dhuubo.

Pacifist   

Again Thank you all like my beautiful sister Blessed said it takes two minutes out of your time. May Allah reward you all with kheyr. Amin