Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

Interview with Somaliland Painter Madar Osman

ailamos   

Originally posted by Emperor:

Why Somaliland Painter and not Somali painter, surely the people are Somali.

He is a skilled artist, well done to him

Somalilandi vs Somali ..hmmmmmm.. :confused:

ANTARA   

^ Somaliland VS Somalia (which is derived from the italian syntax italia)

People who live in both countries are Somalis

Similarly,

UAE VS Egypt

People who live in both countries are Arabs

Blessed   

JB is more concerned with SL PR than grammar, even in Somali, saying 'Muswirka Somaliland' on it's own is incorrect. The Egyptians and Emartis are ethnic Arabs but their nationalities are different, i.e. Emarati, Masri.

Seeker, thanks for sharing that link. I went on a google hunt and CPs of this article was all I got.

Blessed   

This 'diid' column must be huge, the 'Somaali' risk being out numbered. icon_razz.gif

Majority reer Dj are Somali, saying 'Djaboutian', 'Somalian' makes me cringe.

^Nah, not that big. We have two diids, one Somali, and two Somali laheystayaal :D

It even annoys more when a Somali person says s/he is Somalian

P.S Djibs are weird people but funny. Their Afars are interesting too.

Blessed   

:D Interesting, yay, kala yihiin? And where would you put me?

I love reer Djib. Madaxay ku socodaan like us Burcawis. :D

^Even though they are diid, I would like to think all entire Djib is all diid and Afars are annoying renters :D

Adiga waa Soomaali but if we have lost you. It doesn't matter where you fit in icon_razz.gif

I have lived in Djib for month. Obviously, not enough time to pass judgment on people but there are not like reer Burco.And to be fair, the only reer Burco I was exposed are my cousins (they were way xamarinized) and those that came to Xamar in 88 and after. And to be honest, I couldn't tell who's who. So they could all have been from Hargeysa :D

But I did see Burcos and Djibs in abroad-obviously many similarities but not the same.

Blessed   

Hahaha@ 'if we have lost you? Would that ever be possible? Diidnimadu waa bolitikal, lama diidi karo the bayolojikal. A Somali by any other name would still be [maryoolay].

Djb are the liberal version of Burcawis. LOL.

SeeKer   

Originally posted by Blessed.*:

Seeker, thanks for sharing that link. I went on a google hunt and CPs of this article was all I got.

Just call me Ms Marple icon_razz.gif

Blessed*....I have decided I'm not related to Duke and Oodweyne bayolojikali but otherwise this is all politics just like everything else in the world.

Djibs are beyond liberal though this worked to reer Xamar advantage when we are started showing up in mass during 90s. War wiilashii Xamari Djib girls would say-dang it. I was kid when I got there :D

Blessed   

^ :D:D . Good thing you weren't? icon_razz.gif

Everyone has embarrasing relations, I suppose our cyber warlords fill those positions. redface.gif

Ms Marple,

That old? :D Now I really want Somali art, this is what I was missing. BTW, I've found this site in my google search, so it wasn't a complete waste.

SeeKer   

^The link doesn't work hon. Old is a relative term lol .To some I am young and to some I am ancient ;)