Sign in to follow this  
Armstrong

Dating: How Many of Us Date ?

Adna   

SalamaAlaikum my people.

As i read so many of your ideas I decided to write my idea which is what i beleave about (date)

First question Comes to my mind is Can we call a date when you invite some one to your house or your hoome.At the same time your trying to know the person better then you do.I beleave Dating is good thing when your purpose is to know the person,but not the way as many people do like going out movies and restaurants which i beleave it's bad way we can not call,cuz they are not trying to know each other but they are trying having fun,so i don't mind Dating but We don't have to take advantage of it think as posotive way not negative ,bye

peace and Love

Everyone should Date, it should be a law actually...that way no one can say " I didnt know you were like this" :rolleyes:

Everyone should also have fun while doing it: see movie, go to dinner, walk-on-the-wildside.....Whatever!! just have fun and get to know the other person, if it doesnt workout you might end up gettin a good friend out of the deal smile.gif

xoxox

H   

Well all ma Bros n' Sistaz lets listen 2 what our brother Mujahid says coz u know 4 me i suggest he's better than most of us in Religion.

gettin 2 know each other isn't bad but

Dating iz Forbidden in Islam and therefore called Haram

Paragon   

Originally posted by Mujahid:

Salaams,

In reply to our fellow moderator JamaaL, man I expected a better effort from a senior member of da site, what do u mean taking a girl out, watching movies aint dating ? This is the classical tale of a typical date where boy takes girl to movies and drops her home, girl says come in for coffee lol and next thing one thing leads to another and u could commit Zina :eek: . Girl could get pregnant next thing you got 101 dillemas to solve and for sure even your augony aunt cannot help ya in this one.

Enough said... I am out to pester some more forum ppl

Mujahid Over and Out !
smile.gif

hehe war heedhe, you got me there. Me and her use to got to exciting places together(no nasty dealing involved). Let her call it whatever she likes to call it, but for me? date is something i went through one time and i still remember it vividly lol. Otherwise sheikh mujaahid, i am religeous myself smile.gif

Assalam Alkium

Inshallah this message reaches every1 at a great state of health and Iman.

You know this world is going corrupt when you have people telling you that they know what they are doing is haram but yet still proceed on doing what they do.

One of the people just mentioned on how they date so they can find themselves some one compatible for the future. At the same time they said "i have dated so many times: if your goal is to find yourself a partner then I don't think you would have gone threw so many people to find him/her its just not logical, at least not to me.

On the Issue of Arrange marriage, are you people really convinced that this will happen in this day and age, in North America??? Personally I doubt it. I think our parents have seen the out comes of arrange marriage either in there own marriage or the marriage of there friends or family. And I don't think they would like it to happen to you.

Petite and Mujahid: I definitely agree with your rationale.

I also Agree with what Rahimma said, we should look into how Islam has allowed us to get to know the significant other.

And for anyone who claims that they need to date so they know how to communicate when they get married, that's a load of rubbish. Is dating the only way one learns how to communicate. Communication is vital part of this society with out it I don't don't see how ppl would be able to live in here.

"but maybe he can't communicate so what am i gonna do with money and a high status- How can he/she not be able to communicate if they are holding a good job and high education.

If my life was any different then what it is at right now, I would have dated in no second just because of what everyone had said: the social norms of this society and peer pressure. So I'm thankful for the state I'm in right now and wouldnt want to change if for anything.

Please excuse my jumping from one thing to another couldnt help it.

P.S: Mujahid you said ;98% of women in the West read romantic novels; where did you get this statistics from?

If I;ve offended anyone please forgive me anything good I;ve said is from Allah(swt) and anything bad is from me.

Your sister in Faith

MaSalam smile.gif

shyhem   

Somali "modern" dating is a disaster in the making atleast here in the west,i think it's time the elders took over from where they left ie arrange marriage.

Wa Alaikum Salaam My Sister in Faith,

Walaasheey I do not pluck figures from the top of my head ;) This figure was obtained from Sheikh Siraj Wahaj lecture on the Go not near Zina at www.islamway.com which himself the noble Sheikh got from printed resources widely available it was from a specific research conducted if you wish to obtain it speak to islamway.com and they can e-mail you or guide you to the correct bibliography. Click the below link if you want to hear it for yourself.

Go not Near Zina by Sheikh Siraj Wiraj

W/Salaam

Salam

It was just some strange figures. I guess woman keep it on the DL when it comes to romance novels.

I wont go thru all the hassle of double checking the stats on that I trust Siraj Wahaj on this one. He's always got some astonishing figures to present.

Ma'salam

Blessed   

Okay so is dating is bad, if the people involved established the 'No Zina' rule?

Somali used to date, court shukaami, sheekee , whatever since the dayz of our awoowos.

I don't really think it's a big deal if ya keep it clean Jamaal 11 style.... no coffee Mujaahid, when the guy takes her home ... he takes a hike , untill next time icon_razz.gif

I mean how else is me gonna find that brother that my Hooyo prays for everytime I bug her (24/7) :confused:

Mizz Ish   

CajiiiiB

We muslimz end of story there in no *but* here or *weLL* or *U C* no excuse..

SAMACNAA WA ADACNAA YAA RAB..

PeAcE 4 NoW

JaneDoe   

I don't know to me the whole dating process seems kind of pointless until I'm completely done with school and I have something established,career-wise! Ofcourse one has to date before marriage how else would you get to the "marriage" point?

H   

eventhough datin leads 2 marriage. u can just talk, get 2 know about each 4 some tim' then that's when u might get 2 that marriage point* it doesn't necessarily mean u have 2 go out then .....

don even put such things into ur mind coz they might take up thinkin space.

thnx

This thread needs to be rediscussed since many new nomads have joined :cool:

Akhee Hashi I aint the most person in knowledge sxb. I am not wadaad neither a sheikh just a simple student of Islam, peace out ! but perhaps call me a milksheikh ;):D

Mujahid over and out !

Well in My case it's plain simple...me and dating don't get along i don't believe in it and i will never will....see i don't have to date to fine my King someday some how i will and if Allah wants me to find the one... well i will find him but dating is not the way for me to get to know the person and stuff like that..that's all...peace

ps. i know most of y'all will disagree but that's what i believe.