Sign in to follow this  
Ibtisam

“To those who have lost hope”

Ibtisam   

Salam all.

This thread was inspired by a conversation I had with Serenity last Friday and Canno Geel and an exchange between me and Dhulqarnayn -alSumaale. But I dedicate this thread to RED SEA and everyone who expressed their disappointment and depression in his thread. smile.gif I know it is long, but consider How much I post on SOL, just don’t read any of my other threads for a week to compensate smile.gif

You see, you will always get dishearten if you look at the events back home, you will see how we have been systematically destroyed our whole country, how we continue to oppress and kill each other, it is depressing and at one point or another you will think why do I bother, this is pointless, I’m wasting my time, I’m wasting my energy, forget it, there is no way the few individuals who see things my way will or can make a difference. But then we often forget some important lessons history has taught us: Change is not made by the masses, so everyone need not agree.

Vanguard is always the few, tucked away within the masses. They are the ones who do not quite agree with the status quo, and yet feel they also want to do more and find they cannot sit and allow the status quo to continue. They are looking to make a change; they are agitated like iron fillings are upon sensing a magnet. Yet they have no way of their own to follow, they stay in a state of unease waiting for an opportunity. They are waiting for a message, and often unknown even to themselves are never at ease until their destiny is fulfilled.

In the history of mankind all reform and change for good or evil is because of small groups of men or women (“Vanguards”) From the dawn of time to the present day vanguards have led mankind. Who are the neo-conservatives? Are they the entire western world? Are they even all of the American people, are they even the entire American establishment, of course not. They are a small group of men and women who have destroyed other nations “Vanguards”. I know some of you are probably thinking what about revolutions or the Palestine intifada, but even those were prepared, there was nothing simultaneous about them, the masses did not just all react in at once, and if anyone wish’s I will present my evidence in this respect.

Look back in history and you will see these vanguards, creating, leading and sustaining every single movement on earth including our own – Islam. The Prophet PBUH started with a small band of men, and women. These were the vanguards that fought the masses “Quresh” and spread the message of Allah and made it triumphant, we only have to look at the world to assess their success.

Lets looks at the Russian revolution, the communists again were a vanguard, The suffragettes were a small band of women, who fought for the right for women to vote in Britain. Did all women fight? Did all women agree with the suffragettes? Of course not!

From animal rights to the greatest movements of the world, all have been delivered by small bands of men and never by the masses. The masses will always follow a small hardcore vanguard. It is the nature of man.

What I’m getting at you ask? The problem lies with expecting everyone to agree with your view, or expecting that upon seeing the mess Somalia is in, everyone will automatically get up and hasten to make a change: No that will never happen, so don’t be dishearten when you look at the mess back home, look and cling to the few who are trying to do good, focus you energy on making a difference with them.

Somalia is in dire need of a new vanguard, the old vanguard (the Culamaa and Ooodyaal have all passed away or run away from Somalia) leaving the worse of our society, the bullies, the murders, the criminals to subjugate the masses (who are the maskeen, the powerless, the women and children, the poor). Furthermore these vanguards have pacified our diaspora community with idle chatter and internal politics, confusing the potential, while the rest (the good and mainly young) have given up on Somalia altogether.

So what do we need to do?

We know that other vanguards before us have been created and exist today, we know the current vanguard in Somalia are detrimental to the overall well being of Somali people. We just need to find how to challenge them and reverse the pacification of future young Somali’s who will become vanguards. That is a hard task I know, but understand that some vanguards have been tested, failed and blown away in the winds of history, never even to be remembered. Others had intended good, but when they reached the top was sucked in by the institutionalised deep rooted problems (this is evident in Somali possible potential good Somali politicians, who have failed to make a difference) but you must at least try.

So No I don’t have any solutions, but I understand that as a young generation we need to be pioneering to make changes, even more we need to understand that we will face opposition, If one cannot handle the difficulty of opposition then one is doomed to failure. No vanguard has ever been successful since the dawn of time, which has not overcome opposition and fought it alone with little or no help, we are no different.

Some of you maybe surprised to know that Malcolm X faced opposition when he fought for justice, not by the white community who were bound to hate him, but buy his own. Read his autobiography, and he leaves his most scathing attacks for his own brainwashed black brothers. No vanguard has ever changed anything without a fight, often to the death or the doors of prison. Nelson Mandela spent 20 years in prison, the anti apartheid movement were jailed and tortured, the suffragettes were jailed and attacked and vilified by the press, fathers for justice where sent to prison recently, Muhammad Ali Jinnah was attacked, Afghani was exiled after some jealous ullema demanded he leave the country.

What happened to the Prophets PBUH who brought change to the people? They were killed or their own people tried to kill them. They were hated by all except the vanguard that surrounded them. But they were true and stood firm for truth despite all opposition.

The Prophet PBUH was vilified, spat at, and harassed, did they not humiliate him, attack him, plotted against him, they killed and torture his vanguard. But they did not flee from the truth, did they abandon their faith, nor did they soften or dilute their message?

The truth is the truth. It stands out clear from falsehood. Currently injustice is injustice and it is glaring in front of our eyes.

I hope you get the gist of my message. That as individuals we need to be stronger and never give up, the hardest task you will face is your own soul.

Some of us have been blessed, have been born and raised outside of the conflict, others run out with painful memories, some don’t remember much, others remember the good times, but we are all blessed to be outside of the current situation, however this should not make it easier for us to give up, to push them out of our mind, to thrown £10 at the mosque collection and then think yes I’ve done my part. We need to find our new Vanguard.

Excuse the spelling, grammatical error, it was on the spot post/ rant.

P.s. Now I understand why Oodweeny uses highlights, :D

Kool_Kat   

I really don't know what to say, but THANK YOU...Usually, I don't bother reading long threads, but I enjoyed reading every word on this one... smile.gif

Not related, but this quote came to mind as I was reading:

"Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it."

N'way good job Ghanima...

Nephissa   

^ First time I'm seeing you not LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL-ing! What did you have for breakfast this morning, lady?

Ghanima, keep hope alive sis. Thumps up!

Ghanima,Are you sure you it was Serenity and Caano and not Oodweyne? You have pulled a classic him,by bolding almost everything. smile.gif

Nice read.... OH, Who am i &*^*ing kidding? I didnt read anything past Serenity and Caano geelo LOL. . But seeing that KK has not KKKK'd all the way,am assuming its a good read :D

*Going to really read this time*

Kool_Kat   

Neph & Faaraxoow, ani waa shakiyay...Labadiina xaa markasto isku daba socotaan? Saan ka darey waaye...Shaki.com...

Besides, what's there to LOL or KKKK about? There is a time and place for that, and here is not it...

Originally posted by Kool_Kat:

Neph & Faaraxoow, ani waa shakiyay...Labadiina xaa markasto isku daba socotaan? Saan ka darey waaye...Shaki.com...

Besides, what's there to LOL or KKKK about? There is a time and place for that, and here is not it...

Eedo,LOL. Inaga daa dee, Habar yartey waa marwee,odaygana meesha wuu yimada ee,bal in yar fariinka qabo. smile.gif

Caano,aha!! :D

Ibtisam   

50mins later^ are you telling me you have not yet read it?? or you just refuse to read anything serious? just qosol iyo ciyar miyah? smile.gif

Canno geel of course you have no recollection of any such conversation. smile.gif

KK and Nephthys smile.gif how about you two, what are you going to do to keep going?

Originally posted by Ghanima:

50mins later^ are you telling me you have not yet read it?? or you just refuse to read anything serious? just qosol iyo ciyar miyah?
smile.gif

Canno geel of course you have no recollection of any such conversation.
smile.gif

KK and Nephthys
smile.gif
how about you two, what are you going to do to keep going?

I actually did read it Ghanima. I thought it was pretty well-well. Its always healthy to front a positive face,always!

Ibtisam   

Don’t tell me you thought it was an emergency moral building excise for the nomads?

P.s. Waa maax well-well?? Wish-wash, untrue? Idealistic? Off the map?

P.s.s. I’m not fronting a positive face, those are serious suggestions. smile.gif

Blessed   

^I just love you Ghani! smile.gif

You're words remind me of the hadith that state that when a believer sees something which they dislike they change it with their hands, if they can't they speak up against it and if they can't they detest it with their hearts. We weren't created to be merely passive passengers but each one of us has a social responsibility to carryout according to our abilities and means and will…

Walaalayaal, lets not waste time with negative emotions, ask what you can do and act on it, and Allah will take care of the rest..Insha Allah. smile.gif

Originally posted by Ghanima:

Don’t tell me you thought it was an emergency moral building excise for the nomads?

P.s. Waa maax well-well?? Wish-wash, untrue? Idealistic? Off the map?

P.s.s. I’m not fronting a positive face, those are serious suggestions.
smile.gif

I am naturally a hyper active cynic. So,If you get me to say positive things,Keep it smile.gif

Well-Well,is Pidgin(West African speak) for Good. Thats all Ghanima eey smile.gif

Urban   

Very well written Ghanima, and I have enjoyed it readin it, even tho this is the longest post I've read on SOL so far.

I agree with everything you said too. And it's also one of the main messages Amr Khaled preaches to the young arabs.

I desperately wanna do something for Islam and Somalia, but since all my education and talents lie in art, I'm completely out of ideas on what to do or where to start.

Pujah   

Ghanima this is very long hun I will have to wait until my ookiyaal arrives :D the bits and parts I read so far sounded good though