Sign in to follow this  
Baashi

Macworld expo -- 9 am Pacific time today -- live

Baashi   

Steve Jobs, the keynote speaker, is expected to reveal new stuff. Falsh based laptop (big leap in tech world), iPhone SDK, who knows! there are plenty of rumours circulating in the blogsphere.

This is for the SOL nerds -- the geeks who keep taps on what's new in the tech world or watch G4 Tv channel :D

Watch him pull rabbit out of his hat

Predictions -- from TUAW

Most Blogs I read leading up to today and with so the called experts that weighted in, the same thing is being said all across the board.

Mr Jobs will not come out with the same guns blazing as he had on last year's expo.

That leaves me wondering, the hype surrounding this expo, is that really leading upto failure? (people have high expectations this time around)

All good press comes with a price, I really hope it does good, otherwise they will be looking to see considerable stock drop.

Baashi bro those solid state drives (SSD) based on flash technology are already being used at enterprise level. At consumer side give it another 6-12 months to be adopted widely.

Not sure what Jobs will unveil in this demo. Speculation has it all though, touch screen technology & Tiger OS.

Baashi   

Tomboy (hope u don't mind :D ),

To put it mildly, the expo turned out to be underwhelming. But hey iPhone got a facelift. I'm happy about that.

Diaspora boy, check the Macbook air out.

LOL@BAASHI, it seems that the stock dropped few percentage's before and after the announcement. They are really setting apple up for failure, but rest assured, apple INC will prevail. Long live Macsters everywhere.

ElPunto   

^Usually when the 'God' speaks - their stock goes on yet another run higher. But this time stiff economic headwinds are in place.

Pujah   

So far the iPhone is proving to be better than expected. and Apple definetely knows how to market it to the young and the tech savy, their stock will rise again.

Baashi   

My fellow nerds and geeks the one and the only gadget worth having is getting its much awaited facelift tomorrow. iPhone 2.0 software for the existing gadgets and second gen 3G are up for grabs come tomorrow 8am ET.

The Advantages of SSD devices over current HDD technology is just mechanical vs. electronic

that comes along with all the associated advantages of replacing a mechanical piece of equipment with an electronic piece.

- no more wear/tear

- no scrachting of the surface of the disk by the actuator arm

- dropping a HDD may destroy it due to affects of shock and/or vibration,not so with SDD.

- it is much Faster, eliminates all the delay factors involved such as "seek time","spin-up","rotational-latency"

- less real-estate because there are no mechanical components

- much more expensive per GB (but this will change with time)

*This is a novelty now, but soon it will become standard*

Speaking of second generation IPhone 3G, I was on the phone with my cellular phone provider just yesterday.

I had asked the customer service representative to order one for me and she said that I had to not only pay $249.+taxes to get the phone, but that I had to be locked up in contract for 3 yrs with fido solutions. On top of that, I had to pay the minimum package plan, going rate $60? Are you sh*tt*ng me? Surely, she was just being a comedian.

I waited a long time, a very long time from U.S launch of the Iphone. That said, I will not pay almost $300 just so I can get the phone and be locked in a contract for 3 yrs.

The monthly plan package is nothing, compare to what they want me to pay for the phone without a contract. We are talking $800? I can get that phone for little less than $500 and unlocked, instead of paying more $300. The whole thing seemed like a scam, and thats what's expected of likes of Ted Rogers aka the ROGER mogul of canada cellular phone service.

I am just going to have to get the phone from across the border and get it unlocked. This way, I can just pay for the monthly services.

All in all, I am d isappointed with my cellular provider, because waa kalab oo tuugnimo isku darsaday. If anyone is in the same boat as I, my advise is purchase the phone from the states, instead of pouring your canadian dollars into Roger's pocket. Its not worth it fellow canadians.

This friend of mine has been talking about last two month how he is gana camp out in front of Best Buy store to get an IPhone. He is really getting my last nerve. I also can not stand people who download strange ring tones in their phones. Can we just use this darn thing just the purpose that Alexander Graham Bell had in mind when he invented it. just to talk.