Sign in to follow this  
SayidSomal

Sacda Mire

Asaarta! :D

Well Done to the sister - i remember meeting her in Sweden 1995 when she was hip-hop loving teenager. she nearly became my sister in law and now she is an accomplished woman - archaeologist, Lecturer, Director of Antiquities in Somaliland, SOMALIA.

I don't know if anybody has posted her work before - but she doing wonderful work - is about time somalis wrote their own history - instead of others dictating to them on one hand and shaydaan qabiiliste whispering on the ear about how their clan is cleanner and the superior than the others etc.

ANTARA   

Athaarts is arabic and I wonder if there is a Somali word for it...

Dr. Sacda Mire did her PhD in UCL and is currently doing a valuable job for all Somalis. She worked with Riyale's adminstration as a Director General in the Department of Antiquities of Somaliland'S Ministry of Tourism and Culture. She is also working as a researcher in the department of Art & Archaeology of SOAS (University Of London).

Originally posted by sheherazade:

LoL, Somaliland is not Somalia. Even I know that.
:D

yeah? you also think Qardho is country right? icon_razz.gif

Hey Sheh, how have you being - i am alive - alxamdullilaah - i am too lazy to login to FB incase ehrm, i mean - incase ....... i get lost :D

Originally Posted By *Ibtisaam

She will also be offended

Her Somali has improved!!!

You obviously have not followed link provided - you bloody budh la bood. if Somalia offends you - sanka iska jar icon_razz.gif it obvously does not offend DR Mire as writes her address as:

Ministry of Tourism and Culture, Somaliland

Department of Antiquities

Hargeysa

Somaliland

Somalia

and her Location as:

Hargeysa, Somaliland, Somalia

Ibtisam   

Eeer no, the BBC did that. I have her on the record and she is a very big sport of SL (in 2008) Dont know about now.

^was the rain earlier with hail storms? - mid miyaa madaxa kaga dhacay - follow the link with Somalia written on it and you will see that Connect CP (THE INTERNATIONAL WHO'S WHO OF

CULTURAL POLICY, PLANNING AND RESEARCH) are not affliated with the BBC nor her other profile at Acadedmia.... she maintains them.

Ibtisam   

Oh you mean connect link-?

Oh you can't select Somaliland as a country on there, just region. Goes with being unrecognised dear.

Originally posted by *Ibtisam:

Oh you mean connect link-?

Oh you can't select Somaliland as a country on there, just region. Goes with being unrecognised dear.

ooh! miskiin - i feel like campgaining for the recognition of somaliland on Connect CP - that is unfair - maxaa isu maleeyen in UN'ta yihiin. if DHL can recognise SL so can CCP.

Originally posted by sheherazade:

Sayid, I know what Qardho is NOT.
:D
I see you've joined the paranoid brigade.

damn right - you know Qardho is NOT Burco - we don't play Willy Wonka business :D

oh come on - i am the bloody Brigadier General of the paranoid group – Ngonge is my Lieutenant :D

Che - shakaansi iyo shabaab isma qaadan saxiib - mid uun dorro.

Ibtisam   

Sayid: IT is a none- recognised country, and therefore in most sites and documents Somalia is the only option.

Which reminds me, I am doing a campaign in the Somaliland Community for the census in March 2011; People from Somaliland should tick, Africa, other and then write Somaliland. This will allow correct documentation of people of north in the UK and makes it easier to focus, predict or theories about development, projects and estimates etc.