galbeedi

This man , Xiddig really understand how the federal system should be working.

Arafaat   
On 4/20/2022 at 1:49 AM, Samafal said:

Agreed but that is in an ideal world. In Britain we have Boris Johnson, surely he is not the brightest brain in her majesty the queen's residents?  If stable countries with strong institutions can not attract talented people to lead what chance does intrinsically divisive Somalis have to come to consensus to elect the brightest with moral responsibility? And who will define who is morally responsible? Sheikhs, Businessmen, elders? Are they not all already involved one way or another?

The current system where candidates put themselves forward without a political party base, without a proper consultation process does not work for Somali’, and tends to promote egotistical figures. 

Arafaat   
On 4/20/2022 at 1:49 AM, Samafal said:

Agreed but that is in an ideal world. In Britain we have Boris Johnson, surely he is not the brightest brain in her majesty the queen's residents?  If stable countries with strong institutions can not attract talented people to lead what chance does intrinsically divisive Somalis have to come to consensus to elect the brightest with moral responsibility? And who will define who is morally responsible? Sheikhs, Businessmen, elders? Are they not all already involved one way or another?

When it comes to putting candidates forward, I think this should be done by local/regional (read clan) based caucuses, and then you have the actual election which should be done through one man one vote process. My issue is not with the eventual election process of popular votes and campaigning, but who puts candidates forward. Current candidates put themselves forward without any kind of support base and proper consultation process, ideally candidates should come forward from some kind of consultation process, this could be either a clan based or territorial caucus. there needs to be some kind of filtering of egotistical and narcissist figures.

Even western democracies are debating how to strengthen their democracies while making the system narcissist proof. 

7 hours ago, Arafaat said:

When it comes to putting candidates forward, I think this should be done by local/regional (read clan) based caucuses, and then you have the actual election which should be done through one man one vote process. My issue is not with the eventual election process of popular votes and campaigning, but who puts candidates forward. Current candidates put themselves forward without any kind of support base and proper consultation process, ideally candidates should come forward from some kind of consultation process, this could be either a clan based or territorial caucus. there needs to be some kind of filtering of egotistical and narcissist figures.

Even western democracies are debating how to strengthen their democracies while making the system narcissist proof. 

I doubt anybody abuse the system like Somalis doing , beyond stupidity. 

As for 1 man 1 vote, it may never happen,  somehow this is too foreign and we are not built for this.