Sign in to follow this  
grasshopper

Too young for hijab?

Originally posted by NGONGE:

^^ Warya, ma sida A&T bad doonaysa en aan PM ser ku qoro oo kugo tuso xariifnimatidi xaga af somaliga heerkay gaadhay? Ok, bal i yara sug..wallahi wan ku gabyi doona (but it's not suitable for public consumption).
:D

Quoting just in case you want to edit ,,,,,, :D:D

Now someone will comment on this Afsoomaali ,,, loooool

NGONGE   

^^ I don't think he'll ever comment on my Somali again. I wrote him a little something something in PM that will shut him up for good. :D

NGONGE   

^^ Simple spelling corrections are nothing. The meaning is not lost on you, is it? Actually, don't say. :D

AYOUB   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

^^ Maxa dhacay dee?

Ciyaalku waligood ikhtiyaar may lahayn. Dharkooda ( xijaab iyo "spice girl" garan ba) waalidka ayaa ukeenay una galiyay. Little boys don't understand why they wear blue. Little girls don't know why they're in pink. All parental choice. Whatever the symbolism, they're are clueless.

Originally posted by NGONGE: I don't force them into it nor do I encourage them (I still believe they're too young for the whole thing).

At what age will you encourage then if they lose interest in Hijab? What age will you force them if you have to? The topic starter is talking about 7-9-year olds. Satan is whispering 4-5 year-olds in your ears. Your duty was to answer the question honestly and not to coax the natural devil's advocates among us. You're not the only one either. Satan reminds MMA of dhaqan garments only when Islamic dress code is at hand. He criticises only ladies Hijab or geezers in ankle-length trousers and nothing else. What else can it be?

Rahima   

Ps

I said I agree with almost all you wrote because the only thing I did not agree with was the part about not getting peace from Muslims. On trivial issues such as this one I'm sure there is no harm in having a disagreement. The bottom line after all is that it is not a religious obligation.

NGONGE, neither is sunnah salat or fast, but what would you say about one who badgers others for practising those? A young child should be allowed to practice of their religion what they wish and should not be criticised by others. It may not be a religious obligation, but it sure ain’t a sin! We should encourage the good for children. I most probably wouldn’t instruct a youngster to wear the hijab because if they haven’t asked they most probably aren’t ready for it, but for the youngster that does I would give her a pat on the back.

NGONGE   

^^ Like I said, I have no problem with your argument at all. It is reasonable and fair.

But I have a problem with Ayoub's and a few of the others.

Ayoub,

The following is from the first three pages.

It started with KK saying: A three or four year old has no business wearing xijaab

Someone agreed with her on this and north replies:

^^Can't they be kids WITH their hijaabs on aswell? Is it holding them back? From what?

Cadaan agreed with him and said: second that. Girls will be girls, hijaab or not. And if you don't put it on them early, they'll reject it later.

Nino hit us with:

dadkiinaan fahamka ayaa niigu yar. ciyaaalkan tababar bey ku jiraan si ay ula qabsadaan xijaabka iyo si ay u fahmaan muhiimkiisa.

Its all about bringing up ur child in the right manner. Are you telling me you dont teach your children how to pray or how to have good manners...dadkaan isla fiicanaa

North said: Whether a child wears it as a 5 year old, 9 year or 12 year old doesn't really matter.

Ibtisam said: A 5-6 year old can understand that just fine.

Faheema was talking about her nieces wearing the hijab at 2/3 years of age!

(Now tell me which one of these people is the Satan that you're talking about, saaxib). :D