Sign in to follow this  
SomeAlien

just came from s/net for the first time...

and i think i may be scarred for life. im gonna start a new screening process whenever i meet new somalis where the first question is "do you frequent s/net? what do you think of it?". *shivers*

people arent you frightened? those psychos may be yr relatives, yr friends.

how is it that their boards are so disgusting? i mean its free memberships just like here, so what is it? less policing? if thats so than we have just as many psychos lurknig around here. *shivers* walahi the last time i felt like this (ya know the feeling that we live in a morally bankrupt society) was when i visited a white supremacist site and lurked in their chat rooms.

the 20 minutes i was there encited so many squirms and flinches i think a passerby might of thought i was practising an ace ventura impersanation.

Macalin   

the 20 minutes i was there encited so many squirms and flinches i think a passerby might of thought i was practising an ace ventura impersanation

------

HeHeHeHe---Mac Sokor Caleen Shax-why in the world would u go to a supremcist place? HUH? :D

Somnet has its base fans, many solers are frequent somners and i personaly find somnet forums to be a lil more than what i can handle!@

Anyways what was ur point? you were vague as to what u wanna know :confused:

chubacka   

Qac Qaac,

The young gentlemen is pleased to be here, having suffered some unfortunate experiences on the world wide web as it is called. The content of what he viewed repulsed him to such an extent that he was physically moving to represent his mental disturbence. Yet all is well now as he has come here and finds himself among rational, respectful somali nomads.

U get me blood?

Asalaamu'Alaykum,

Som'met is a rough place. I think it's mostly to do with its leniency towards certain behaviors. I was actually a moderator there (I guess I still am) and I tell you its tough walahi. I don't do a very good job because I just can’t keep up with them. I’m usually tempted to just delete every thing posted. Not to mention its hard not to feel like a lone soldier, I don’t know what the admin gets up to but he's got a lot of work to do. And not to mention the harassment sheeesh. I think that they should install some sort if filtering system or something because it seems to be getting worse. But I must admit it wasn’t that bad once upon a time they've had they’re good times. It only takes a few rotten apples to spoil the box as they say. I have to say though, I applaud the Somaliaonline staff for the work they've done on keeping this site squeaky clean. Masha'Allah

wasalam

Senora   

The young gentlemen is pleased to be here....

That young gentleman is a girl :D

there are ssome lost souls on that website I tell ya

that place is full of maniacs! absolute rubbish, I tell ya.

the Qabiil talk over and over again.

it deserves to be shut down completely.

let's give around of applause to SOL admin

*clap clap clap clap*

Curly   

Personally I think the SOL admin is a little too much..deleting my posts like I've insulted someone! damn everyone knows I'm a good girl..I couldn't hurt a fly! :D

Plus he "accidentally" banned me once...but I don't think it was an accident! :(

IL CAPO   

Agrees with the good girl

if you need to see some funny & weird mali nicknames somalinet is da-place to be,i think its cool being here at SOL,although my buddy's application was turn down my the bosses here.

Oh..you poor girl! That must have been an awful fright...*Shakes head sadly*...sit down Somealien, and have a cup of tea dear. I'm sure you will feel better after a nice cuppa. smile.gif

*chokes on sob*

*gives you a heart felt stare*

why?why? wont someone think of the children?

on a serious note, that site truly did disturb me. the language, the content the outright racism, qabilism and sexism was just saddening because if i discovered that site before sol my opinion of somalis would be low (our community in montreal is only now growing. when i was growing it was just me and my cousins).

btw whats this trend of calling somali women cheap and clean? and why do i have the feeling that this is a term young somali men have coined for girls that have rejected them.

Macalin   

btw whats this trend of calling somali women cheap and clean? and why do i have the feeling that this is a term young somali men have coined for girls that have rejected them

If i were to take a wild shot,.They are cheap to maintain and they darn are clean :D ...ok

do you have any sisters? im not saying you must defend all somali women but you do realise this term is targeted to ALL somali women, and therefore refers to yr mother, aunts, sisters, cousins, e.t.c. i think its sad that you dont take offence to it.

Saalixa   

that place is full of maniacs! absolute rubbish, I tell ya.

the Qabiil talk over and over again.

it deserves to be shut down completely.

i couldn't agree more. And yes the admins here should help them out walaahi, this place is soo classy and cool,peace of mind compared to that place, shivers.