Sign in to follow this  
Abdulladiif Al-Fiqih

RELIGIOUS DEMO HITS MUSIC FANS

Religious extremists are thought to have put off Bristol concert-goers by claiming music is the work of the Devil. The group of Somali men handed out leaflets as a band was due to play at the Casablanca club in Stokes Croft.

The Somali band AAR had expected a large crowd for the gig, on August 20, but hundreds of people failed to show, which cost the club owners £800 in lost takings. Hasa Nour, from the London-based band, said the protesters verbally abused women and told concert-goers that they would go to Hell.

He said: "We are Somali and Muslim, but we do not agree with what these people were saying.

"We had to call the police in the end because these people were shouting at women and telling people that music is the Devil's work."

The extremists' leaflet claimed: "On Judgement Day Allah will reward those who went astray and those on the right path respectively.

"You will be asked what you have been doing on August 20.

"What will be your answer, 'Oh Allah, I was partying in Bristol'? Dear brothers and sisters, don't follow the call of the devil, it only leads to Hell."

Kashafa   

God bless the 'religous extremists' :cool: (code word for steady deenin' main men)

This reminds me of an incident that happened in Chicago over the Labour Day weekend during the big ISNA convention. They got this thing called Club ISNA, kinda like a after-party for liberated convention-goers. Alcohol, dance floor, and the cubby-holes in the back for 'privacy'. Anyway, This one Akh I know got together 5 other young bucks and decided to crash the party: Da'wah time, baby :D

They went in and latched on to the first brother they saw. Ironically, he had a magnificent beard. I'm talkin bout chest length !. Beard-man told them to get outa his face, Akhs said they were gonna stick to him like butter on toast for the rest of the night. Forget about action t'night :D . Beard-man calls his friends who fall back after seeing the brothers(two were Shaq-sized). Long story short, they had a long heart to heart talk right there in the club. The words 'haraam', 'aakhira', and 'death' were mentioned several times. Nothing scarier than being preached to by your own peers about death and Day of judgement, in a club of all places.

Moral of Story: Strong-armed da'wah tactics can be mighty effective at times. Having two ex-con reverts for back-up doesn't hurt either.

Beard-man calls his friends who fall back after seeing the brothers(two were Shaq-sized). Long story short, .

That was pretty cool of em to gate crush them hypocritical ISNA crowd. Kudos

I dont get it tho'What does their size have to do with anything? :confused: Did they fear that they were gonna get whooped if they told the shiqs to bugger off?.But Mac sokor i tell ya,The hypocrisy of attending an ISNA convention and partying!. Freaging double faced fools.

It be a different issue if a sheikh came to a party where i payed with my own money,let him come to me @the club, i will ask the DJ to play 'Move B!tch,get out the way' thenwill see what Luda meant when he said 'Throw em Bows' .

If that isnt enuff; I do the electric slide around him then do the bounce on his face and then i do the harlem shake before i crib walk around him. Ighhht.

Kashafa   

It be a different issue if a sheikh came to a party where i payed with my own money,let him come to me @the club, i will ask the DJ to play 'Move B!tch,get out the way' thenwill see what Luda meant when he said 'Throw em Bows'

With all due-respect to your two-piecing skills, I'm not so sure you would wanna bang with a Shaq-sized Ex-Con revert who's on fi'yah. One finger-snap from the Shaykh, and you'd be singin' "Kismaaayoo, Alla' Kismaayoo" :D

The ISNA guys took one good look at Brotha Mountain knew what time it was: Swallow your pride and LISTEN to the Shaykh drop some knowledge :cool:

With all due-respect to your two-piecing skills, I'm not so sure you would wanna bang with a Shaq-sized Ex-Con revert who's on fi'yah. One finger-snap from the Shaykh, and you'd be singin' "Kismaaayoo, Alla' Kismaayoo"

HeHe,K'Shafa; I hear you Dawg. Lakini have you ever heard of the words BATTERY & Crime ?. Guess the term 'Ex Con revert' will no longer be used on the bearded shayk eh? a more fitting word would perhaps be Jailbird? :D

Eesh calaa booto ! Sheekadii ciyaalka xaafada aad la timid meesha Brown!

Ilaaliye,Lol, Booto? ciyaal xaafad?. I am a Gangsta waraa. Respect! :D

Nephissa   

Originally posted by Brown:

If that isnt enuff; I do
the electric slide
around him then do the
bounce
on his face and then i do
the harlem shake
before i
crib walk around
him. Ighhht.

HeHe, shake it Brown..but don't break it. ;)

Jacpher   

Calling the concertgoers names and disrupting the peace isn’t a smart way to enjoin the good and forbid the evil. Islamicly, one can’t encourage goodness and forbid evil if his actions will cause more damage or greater evil. Da’wa requires wisdom, good judgement & awareness of hte situation. Many brothers fail to understand the latter. Your da'wa won’t be effective and useful if it lacks wisdom, a good guidance and a better judgment. You may have prevented them to attend the concert this time but it’s unlikely they learned any valuable lesson from you da’wa. The aim of the da’wa is always to connect people to their religion and fear of Allah. The goals is to have a dailog and teach them Islam, not block them and create enemies or bariers.

I’m puzzled by the use of the labels though. I guess the western ideology categorize these actions as extremists. Such labeling remind of a hadith, FATUUBAA LIL-QURABAA. Are we in that era already?

Foxy   

Cajaa'ib.......

Indha adakaa reer Gar dheereyaal.... Next think we hear or see will be Gar dheereyaal demonstrating infront of all entertainment venues to spot/stop any muslims that are about to commit sins......bal Maxaa kaga shan iyo toban aha.....shaqalaan baa haysa......

cheers

NGONGE   

I’m sure most people are only too aware of my dislike for pseudo-mullahs. This is a perfect opportunity to rant about their unbelievable antics. However, first things first, where did you get the link to this story from? Is it real? Anyone else reporting it?

Sky   

These respectable wadaads are far from wrong, yet turned a mouse into an elephant unnessecarily. Somali parties are with few exceptions sausage parties (parties with a men-women ratio favoring men), so by all means my dear spiritual warriors single out those few ladies and send them home. Than note the gentlemen present and you'll have quite something to tell to the fathers after the friday prayer. icon_razz.gif

Its 2005 Beardos, a nose for effectiveness and efficiency are prerequisites for successful mutadawaciin surveillance.