Sign in to follow this  
Salma

Nomads …Would you believe this?

Qac Qaac   

americans come to canada in june to skate..

i had syrian man, asking me, if somalia was located right next to saudi arabia.. so i won't be surprised...

p.s. is it me, or do somali ppl know every country in the world, where it located, and the capital city of that country, and the flag of that country..

Wiilo   

I have seen a "White" guy who was asking what is Africa? A country? as if Africa is country......Iam sure a lot of Americans don't know much about the world as an continant................

IstAcajAb:..................

OG_Girl   

Originally posted by Classique:

OG-G, in our History Books, all Somalia's History was mentioned in ONE PAGE only. Imagine ONE page only. Rest of the Islamic and Arabic Countries were more than 3-4 pages. Egypt was 19 pages (sudaa3 yakhy). And guess what we had to study The Pharos History. Algeria's history was in 7 pages,,, etc even Pakistan and Bangaladish's History was in 3-5 pages. Except Somalia

LoooooooL . Girl, I know Aljerian struggles and every details more than I know Somali , cause as you said no much they tought us. All they tought us was in grade 12 and was few lines not even one page redface.gif

Mutakallem , thanks for the correction.

Salam

NGONGE   

I had a conversation with a Somali man who didn’t believe the Earth was round! (No joke, though I laughed of course). :rolleyes:

Viking   

Originally posted by nuune:

^^^^ viking I didn't mean to degrade the Kenyans or the language, but u r right, what about somali language, it is also spoken in many countries!

nuune,

I never thought you were 'degrading' anyone, just wanted to explain to you that Swahili is spoken in aabout seven countries. Somali is spoken only by Somalis who ended up in five different territories after the colonialists carved up our continent. But Swahili is spoken by hundreds of tribes, who have Swahili as a second language. It's understandable that people know more of Swahili than Somali for it's spoken by over 100 million people.