Sign in to follow this  
Resistance

I HAVE A DREAM ....

I HAVE A DREAM ..... BUT AM NOT TELLING JUST YET.

Brothers and sisters cut out the hate here ... but then that is disease that has distroyed us ... we are haters, Isaaqs hate all other somalis, MJs hate all other somalis, Hawiyes hate MJs most , then daaroads in general, habargidiris hate Abiagials and vice versa, sub-clans hate each others , Habar something hates the other Habar somethinng,Reer Xamaris are now half Yeminis and hate the moorryaans, Mummy hates her In-laws ( but then thats universal hate ), Cousins hate each other, we hate any succesfull Somali ( i wonder why )

Warlords hate each other, then make-up then fight.

the courts hate the war-lords, americans and ethopians LOVE all this HATE ....

And u wonder how deep this HATE is... yeah skin deep, the HATE has now spread to the streets of London and Minnosota where young somalis who never seen Somalia divide themselves along Qabiilis lines ... :(

Ibtisam   

yeah well somali's like to hate^ i hate you :D

seriously there is a big problem within the somali community. they need to lighten up and live and let others live :rolleyes: bloody haters :mad: In my whole life on one has asked my qabil :D but then i have not been to somalia yet :( i guess it is like your first name when you go back home.

As a londer Yahoo i think you are Exaggerating a little, just a little ;)

nemo   

I agree with you brother, it's a great dream and only going to be a dream for a while. It's sad so much hate for one another. Where every somalis are the is going to be this hate in the communities. :( And thanks for the qabil teachering serious, I wrote it down in my somali book. :D

In my whole life on one has asked my qabil

LOOL maybe because your only half. :D Well my first time I got asked was when I came to this bloody country, NZ was so much better no qabil asking (maybe was cos I was younger than but still). :D IB sister I hate you too :D

-Lily-   

There are also the ones that keep the word 'Qabil' a taboo to the extend that they wont even mention where in Somalia they lived in fear of 'revealing' their tribe. You can't solve a problem by ignoring it. They don't help much either.

As long as you know that a) the tribe you are dissing could well be in your family tree or part of your ancestory; b) you could have by chance been born into any of the other tribes that you dislike, where it Allah's will; c) that no matter how many ppl diss or praise your tribe, it takes nothing away from you nor does it add anything to your life/tribe. Finally, practise what you preach. The evil of pride creaps into all of our hearts from time to time.

Best thing you can do is get on with it and treat everyone with respect and equality.

ScarFace   

^^^^^ Ibtisam is Half/half

I hate Half breeds :D;)

Maybe the 4th/5th generation of somali's will get along more than the 1st/2nd/3rd......

Today must be Hateful Thursday icon_razz.gif

nemo   

Originally posted by WaTerLily:

c)
that no matter how many ppl diss or praise your tribe, it takes nothing away from you nor does it add anything to your life/tribe. Finally, practise what you preach. The evil of pride creaps into all of our hearts from time to time.

Best thing you can do is get on with it and treat everyone with respect and equality.

Mashallah mashallah once again mashallah you have taken the words out of my mouth. Well their were in the back of my mind just couldn't get them out when I replied first :D The Haters the brother is talking about should just take your advice and we can all live in peace as SOMALIS and at the same time know are ancestors. As Allah has divided us into nations and tribes therefore we can recognise our family and ancestors.

SOO MAAL   

Generally Somali people have more dangerous disease then racism, Somali people are clannish

Unfortunately,After 20 years of civil war, still tribalism is well and alive, truthfully all Somali factions are clan based whether is Somaliland (ex SNM), Puntland (SSDF+USP), Mogadishu factions(USC.....), Baydhbo faction (RRA)

Mowgli   

As a londer Yahoo i think you are Exaggerating a little, just a little

I guess it all depends on the areas you go...at my old high school ppl would not acknowledge each other even if they suspected you of being from a different qabiil...it was the same throughout college.

I really do wonder where these kids that have never seen their motherland get this hatred from.

But I must say I have met the ones that have some sorta cugdad (sp) telling you their qabiil and then saying "I understand if you do not want to be my friend or associate with me" :confused: strange really

ScarFace   

I really do wonder where these kids that have never seen their motherland get this hatred from.

the parents where else they tend to groom them with this hatred from a young age.......... :mad:

Khalaf   

hate is strong word brother, i don't think we hate each other its pride.

want this to stop my people? let us sujis takeover :D . Simple solution.

salaamu lah

Khalaf... Sijuuus are no diferent , i have Siju freind who swears by his qabiil.. sorry but even the wee-wees have not escaped the qabiil disease

Khalaf   

IB,

yaa habeebti u gotta alot learning to do :D

Suji are somalis who are from der salaam Tanzania

or in kenya, in my opinion we are the least qabilist and reer xamar, and those who make Islam their qabil.

Lilly there is nothing wrong with pride for your own kind, as long as doesn't make u an oppressor and transgressor. Islam is our only cure.