Sign in to follow this  
Castro

Why can't money and [Halimos] get along?

UD, Good luck with the future dictatorship. :D

A girl can save and save...and save. And then she can watch as her savings dwindle because both the fridge and oven-cooker need replacing and mumsy expects her to cough up. *Sigh*

underdog   

Luck favours the prepared mind, Ahura.

I really do not understand what you're all making a fuss about....you're all control freaks (just as bad as me - even though I'll be the only one admitting it).

Castro,

if she can't exist without investigating my finances, I think I'll be luck to be lonely....you give you paycheck so she can store it for you in the safe next your cojones. :D

Nephissa   

This wouldn't have been an issue if every phat Halimo had the "whats yours is mine, what's mine is mine" attitude from the get go.

UD dude you remind me off the "Who wears the pants joke:

Jack was set to marry Jill, so his father sat him down for a little chat. He said “Jack, let me tell you something: On my wedding night in our honeymoon suite, I took off my pants, handed them to your mother, and said, ‘Here, try these on.’â€

She tried on the pants and said, “These just don’t fit,†to which I replied, “Exactly. I wear the pants in this family and I always will. Ever since that night we have never had a problem.â€

“Hmm,†said Jack, thinking this might be worth a try. So, on his honeymoon Jack took off his pants and said to Jill, “Here, try these on.â€

Jill does so and says, “These just don’t fit,†to which Jack replied, “Exactly. I wear the pants in this family and I always will, and I don’t want you to ever forget that.â€

So, Jill took off her pants, handed them to Jack and said, “Here, you try on mine.†Jack does so and says, “I can’t get into your pants,†to which Jill replied, “Exactly. And if you don’t change your attitude, you never will.â€

:D:D

Ameenah,

Goodness me! In the midst of my indignation that just slipped my mind. Which is odd ~ I don't tend to forget these types of things... ;)

----------

At the World Women's Conference, the first speaker from England stood up: "At last year's conference we spoke about being more assertive with our husbands.

Well after the conference I went home and told my husband that I would no longer cook for him and that he would have to do it himself. After the first day I saw nothing. After the second day I saw nothing. But after the third day I saw that he had cooked a wonderful roast lamb."

The crowd cheered.

The second speaker from America stood up: "After last year's conference I went home and told my husband that I would no longer do his laundry and that he would have to do it himself. After the first day I saw nothing. After the second day I saw nothing. But after the third day I saw that he had done not only his own washing but my washing as well."

The crowd cheered.

The third speaker from Somalia stood up: "After last year's conference I went home and told my husband that I wanted equal share of the money and financial decision-making. After the first day I saw nothing. After the second day I saw nothing. But after the third day I could see a little bit out of my left eye."

^ Hardly love, but I'm glad you have found use for the word. What's the chance of scooping a win of £125million, even if I was deluded enough to buy a ticket? A billion-to-one?

Nephissa   

Ahura: Buy that ticket, for me sake, buy it! Having some bad financial karma lately. Winning it would sure alleviate some stress, waa if you'r willing to share, I promise to be your loyal friend, forever and ever :D .