Sign in to follow this  
Caano Geel

Richard Pryor has passed away

I'm sorry to announce that the great Richard Pryor passed away yesterday.

Its a shame he didnt die of a heart attack while doing and 18yr old as he wished. Lets hope that his dream of being cremated and mixed with 2lb of coke, so that niggas can snort him up and appreciate what a good cut he woudl made comes true instead.

sigma   

he came from such tragic,hardship circumstances, listening to his concert recordings growing up and realising the racism he and other black people faced in the USA really opened my eyes to the treatment of our older generations and race relations before my time.

this comment he made sums it up i feel

"I live in racist America and I'm uneducated, yet a lot of people love me and like what I do, and I can make a living from it. You can't do much better than that,"

he made me laugh and cry RIP richard pryor :cool:

Originally posted by Caano Geel:

Lets hope that his dream of being cremated and mixed with 2lb of coke, so that niggas can snort him up and appreciate what a good cut he woudl made comes true instead.

Lo0oL!

What a character. And what a painfully sad up-bringing. I thought his routines, although hilarious, were too foul and misogynistic. But having now read some of his history, it makes more sense.

Rest in peace, Mr Pryor. :(

The best there ever was...the funniest man that ever lived. He would make me laugh so hard i couldnt breathe..I shall dig out my video of Stir Crazy tonight and watch in his memory...what a legend.

Some of my favourite famous Pryor quotes:

"marriage is really tough because you have to deal with feelings....and lawyers"

When asked what he felt about receiving an award named after the famous writer Mark Twain, he said " i didn't know him personally"

Maf Kees   

RIP Pryor. Pryor himself said in 1995, "I had some great things and I had some bad things. The best and the worst.

"In other words, I had a life."

Foxy   

The Guy was a genius when it came to stand up comedians...May He rest in piece, God bless His soul

cheers