Sign in to follow this  
Jaabir

Ignorance in India..

Jaabir   

1081242417740010700.jpg

An Indian professional photographer risked his life to take this picture of this 9 year old Indian girl who was stripped off her cloths and tied up to a pillar in a Hindu temple in a remote village in India.

The reason this little girl is treated like that is her mental disability. according to the beliefs of her parents and the local villagers her disability is an indication that her poor soul is possessed by some demons who will bring calamity to the whole village unless she is quarantined in the temple like a dog.

Walaahi this pic has broke my heart, what an innocent little girl, so sad to know that its her parents who are doing this to her.

La xawla wala quata ila bilaah.

wow, that's really sas...her parents should except her no matter what...Allah excepts everyone why can't her parents....waalahi it's sad to see this pic...

DraGon   

Sad indeed...may Allah help her.

I wonder what the reaction of the kuffar will be if this was done (God forbid) by a Muslim. Can you imagine!!! this will have all over da news.

Warmoog   

News flash: I've seen mentally unstable Somalis tied to trees (in Somalia)... much like that little girl is to the pillar. Mind you, the reasons were/are far different from those of the Hindus, but maybe we should try mending our own nests before we comment on those of others because all's not well at home.

NGONGE   

Ignorance is not the exclusive reserve of Hindus, man. Many Muslims will do a similar thing. They’ll say JINN have possessed the child.

How is that different from what the Indians have done?

Sure is sad.

Unfortunately in Africa, people with mental disabilities are still stigmatised or neglected by the community.

Medical organisations, people with medical understanding and with the community's backup need to work hand in hand to reach these unfortunate souls and eliminate these incidence of ignorance. Education, community service is the key.

The unfortunate thing is with treatment some forms of mental disorders can improve, the kid may have a chance to catch up with fellow kids(though mental age will be younger compared to children same age group) and live a life of less dependence.

Sometimes its just the lack of medical access, they are termed mentally retarded while the child maybe autistic or deaf thus miss the chance of living a normal life.

NGONGE

They’ll say JINN have possessed the child.

the so called Jinni which possess a person is treated medically its part of the Pyschosis disorders,e.g schizophrenia(Well known and got high prevalence globally -Also there is a movie titled The beautiful mind - was a good movie smile.gif ).

Comes in many forms as hallucinations or delusions, disorganised thoughts. The good thing about it it is treatable.At the end of the day people need to find solutions e.g seek medical help. and stop claiming beliefs that they possess jinis.

underdog   

stop claiming beliefs that they possess jinis

Sissade, I assume you don't believe in being possessed and exorcism through Quran.

Believe me when I tell it's a reality and all the electric shock treatment in the world and schitzo drugs can't help

Originally posted by underdog:

Sissade, I assume you don't believe in being possessed and exorcism through Quran. [/QB]

Brother I do beleive that Jinis do exist as the Quraan says. Allah has created other creations apart from man and jinis. What I dont agree on is ppl tend to overdo the whole jini issue.

Jaabir   

Originally posted by SisSade:

quote:Originally posted by underdog:

Sissade, I assume you don't believe in being possessed and exorcism through Quran.

Brother I do beleive that Jinis do exist as the Quraan says. Allah has created other creations apart from man and jinis. What I dont agree on is ppl tend to overdo the whole jini issue. [/QB]
That’s how I used to think of Jinnis walaahi.. I thought they were always hyped up and blown out of proportion until I witnessed a wadaad reading the quran upon Jinn possed girl. The moment he started reading some Jinn related verses the girl started to hystirically cry and then spoke with a voice of a man with reer xamar accent saying he possessed this girl because he is in love with her!!!

that freaked the sh!t out of me walaahi so i decided to get the hell out of there before the jin's sister falls in love with me :D:D:D