Sign in to follow this  
QueenSoccer

why do afro-american don't thing we are black

if you ask afor-americans if we are black they just say no.because we don't look like them at all.just because we have the good hair and were skin is smoother than their.if the don't thing we are black than thank allah i'm not born here.the hate they have for white folk are coming on us.because they see us somalians but not black.somalians people are mixed with different race and we are proud of it.some we act we don't like them too.and that may be true in some case.especially because we wear different cloths and talk different.

**************MizzUnderstood************

guraad   

stupidest question i have ever read in somaliaonline.com .

Tell your african american homies that somalia is Africa. WE MORE aFRICAN THAN THEY ARE.

Blessed   

somalians people are mixed with different race and we are proud of it.

looooooooool yaa waxaa kuugu sheekeeyey :confused:

Deeq A.   

Those of you who are new to the website, your stay here might be short if you don't respect the rules of the website and avoid the profanity.

Rules are still the same. No personal attacks, no vulgarity/profanity. No disrespect of other nomads.

Thank You

AliMahdi   

Are we black?? Yes. Are we African American?? No. The reason we aren't African American is because, to me, an African American is someone who's ancestors went through slavery, someone whose ancestors went through the experience of being black in the US in the early 1900s and so forth. Sure, if you're a US citizen you're African-American, technically speaking, but that doesn't make you one of them. Not that it's a bad thing, it's just simply that to be African American you need to be more than black, you need to have their culture as well. Whether it be jazz, the blues, ghettos, rap, soul food and what have you. The only way to have that culture is to have gone through the experience and had it passed on from previous generations.

As for AA's hating us, or not thinking of us the same, I don't know about that. I have many AA friends and they see me as black, even AA. I keep on getting invited to Black Student Union meetings, and everything else, so maybe you're talking about different AAs than the ones I've come across. But you know what, every race culture has their bad seeds, or ignorant people, some more than others. However, we, Somalis, should really be the last people talking about looking down on others and hating people cause of how they look. How do you think we treat the Bantus back home?? While we aren't an apartheid state, we ain't the greatest either.

Paragon   

The problem is not the African-American's perception of what Somalis are, it is the other way round. Somalis can sometimes get ignorrantly proud, and that make'em feel different from A-Americans. A-Americans or other people in that matter will take you for who you tell them you are. If you clearly state you are an African, then you are an African. But if you don't clearly state where you belong then you belong to no-where.

Macalin   

Why do YOU wanna be an Afro-American?

Subxaanalah-U want acceptance from EM(ps-How Old R U?)

We are somalis -<<Unique

Well they probably notice that Somalis are a tad bit conceited....talking about good hair, good nose, B.S., ETC...Queen Soccer, hon, not every somali has caucasian hair and nose :rolleyes: In fact, I'm wondering why tiin jileec is considered "good" hair...I think Y'all should stop priding yourselves for looking so caucasian!! :rolleyes:

2real   

why do afro-americans don't thing we are black?

Coz we're not! Get it straight people....WE ARE NOT BLACK! Stop refering to each other using colors. You don't see chinese people calling themselves yellow do you. Being from africa does not make us black. If that's the case then Egyptions, Moroccans, Algerians are black??? Or even worse, how about white South Africans, are they black too?

We aint black, brown, light skin..none of that color crap.

Firstly why would anyone want to be the same as the children of slaves? Yes we are black but to a certain extent and what pisses me off a lot is when Somalians call each other NIG GERS plzz you aren’t no nig ger your ancestors were never nigerz so what the hell makes you one???

Yes we are African and thank god for that but what i really hate it when maliz beg to be other than what they already are i.e.;

Nuff love my maliz north and south but particularly north!!

[ May 28, 2003, 06:19 PM: Message edited by: Admin ]

Modesty   

Asalaamu Alaykum:

Its often amazing that the "universal beauty" flows the Europeans method of what is considered beautiful. Everyone said all I had to say,especially Caano Geel. All of Allah's creation are beautiful its just human "kiibir" thats so ugly.