Sign in to follow this  
Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar

Read This

lol   

Sad, that we get dissected like that... if a black guy gives me a compliment or not... to me it doesn't make a difference.. coz what we somali girls are.. we know n that is enough! But walaahi i was pissed off... how can u guys take pride in this... guys from who knows where appreciating your women... ( I am talking to both the girls n guys) Shame on YOU :mad:

Raxmah   

All mankind is from Adam and Eve, an Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab nor a non-Arab has any superiority over an Arab; also a white has no superiority over black nor a black has any superiority over white except by piety and good action. Prophet Mohamed (pbuh)

With that – do you people realize how you are making the Somali people far superior than the black people? How dim to judge some one by their looks or skin tone. Besides who someone chooses to be with is their choice – I guess since that is not against Islam – we are making it against somalinimo.

Never seize to amaze me, how racist many Somalis can be, funny thing is mostly towards black people. I wonder why?

too late Nomad! u stank up the place again! lolol.

WELL LETS BREAK DOWN THIS ONE MORE TIME!!! U never gonna get it...ooops sorry, let me turn off my stero...! ok here .... here r the gasoline and the lighter!!!

true: mixed marriages r short lived!

false: majority of feminists tend to be gay!lol..

true: xalimoos have the hots for niggaz!lol.

true: niggaz hates faaraxs coz sistas give faaraxs free ride!

true: in the end a faarax marries a xalimo

false: nigga loving xalimos marry a faarax in the end....!

true: a nigga brianwash w/xalimos by dizzing faarax 24/7... (get a life moran)lollol...

true: faarax will never stick with sista, even if shes janet jackson, to him sistas are temporary solutions and not FINAL SOLUTION!!

:mad: :mad:

x_quizit   

Well, what I found disturbing is that men liking somali women for their "fine features" close to caucasian, and admiring their light skin, hair..etc... Isn't that a colonialistic attitude? Ppl are so brainwashed that they only see beauty through the lens of the white man.

Everyone has their preference, but don't base ur preference on prejudice. Also, this thread was to show what some black men like about somali women, and I'm amazed how ppl continuously use it to flip the script and crucify those somali women who choose to date/ marry outside their race. Are some somali men so insecure that they seize upon black men as their rival everytime they see a xawa with them? Who cares!!!!! Let ppl live their own lives, whether they wanna date any color of the rainbow, thats' nobody's biz but theirs. If u wanna act like a concerned citizen of ur society, ask about the person's deen rather thean their skin color.

p.s.-Allah created us all, and who are some of u to say one race is better than another? what makes u better than other africans/blacks?

Get off ur high horses, and stop the prejudice.

Peace

Haneefah   

lol...Hajaay...ragoow idinkoo indha waaweyn meesha la soo taagan baa dumarkinii mid mid loo dafayaa...ha idin ka saarto icon_razz.gif (j/k)

laftirkayga mid yaroo jalaqsan oo iska dhal ah hadaan helo waan ku qaban lahaa, ee hooyo yaa iga fujinaaya hee :D ...she'll be like, waxaad socotoba ma 'xabash' baad u fakfakaneysaa...that's even if I mention African Americans...and she's the kindest most religious person ever, go figure (I always get into an argument with her about this). Unfortunately, so many Somalis suffer from this type of perception similarly.

It really is about time we dropped this attitude we have towards our other African brothers and sisters and started accepting ppl!

huh! Nafisa! plz say u dont believe crab below plz

(Well, what I found disturbing is that men liking somali women for their "fine features" close to caucasian, and admiring their light skin, hair..etc... )

Nafisa!... only brothas i have r called faaraaxs.

or farodhadeerah! aigt!! rest r some ther species

Qac Qaac will u plz do the break down 4 the WANNBEE!!!SISTAS!!! :confused:

Fyr   

Somali females are truly beautiful beings.

Though they aren't many Somali girls at my neighbourhood, or should I say NON!

So I haven't hade the pleasure of meeting a Somali girl at my age :(

I recall once when I was traveling to Somaliland,

I was transit in Dubai, and I saw this family with their two daughters at my age (My God The Were Beautiful) smile.gif

I coudnt do anything, I was so nervous..... redface.gif

By the time I got my act together, they were gone. They were on another flight :mad:

Don't worry people, they were from "Sweden" their aren't allot of places Somalis live, I'am sure I will run into them once again :D

Haneefah   

Originally posted by rudy:

huh! Nafisa! plz say u dont believe crab below plz

(Well, what I found disturbing is that men liking somali women for their "fine features" close to caucasian, and admiring their light skin, hair..etc... )

Nafisa!... only brothas i have r called faaraaxs.

or farodhadeerah! aigt!! rest r some ther species

Come again :confused: Sometimes, hadaladaada caadi bey iigu gooyaan, sorry.

x_quizit   

Rudy, i realize ur not an expert into reading beyond the obvious, so let me make it clear for u. I meant, its fine if any men like somali women, b/c just like many races, we are blessed with beautiful sistas, BUT, what i object to, is basing that liking on a criteria made by the white man, hence...light skin...hope this clears it out for u.

Peace

Tuujiye   

don't think that's the case thou. You have totally ignored those women (and MEN) who've been raised in the culture, know more about the language and the deen than majority of us who date outside their race.

somaali waxay ku maahmaahdaa (shinbir waliba shinbir keeda ayay la duushaa)

devil's advocate just cuz ur dating un outsider doesn't make u less bad or less good. personally i think of 2 things when i run into situations like this either u r in love (n i know love can b blind)OR u r trying to be different (cuz u were neglected by da somali community somehow someway n u trying 2 brove something) god knows wat.

dadkayga cidna kuma doorsanayo. i lov somali women.

qorbaha ayaa wuxuu ina baray in aan u wada fakirno sida ay society gooda u fikiraan such as:

its k 2 b gay

its k 2 drink and take drugs

its 2 go against da wishes of ur parents

its k 2 hav sex (as long as u use protection)

so please i ask u guys how do u see urself with some1 that thinks da basic morals in life is 2 do these things . :confused: :confused:

but wat do i know am just un oldfashion guy smile.gif

Originally posted by Nafisa:

laftirkayga mid yaroo jalaqsan oo iska dhal ah hadaan helo waan ku qaban lahaa, ee hooyo yaa iga fujinaaya hee

lol@nafisa, I agree for many Somalis regardless of where he/she was raised, marriage decision, for the most part, still comes down to family.

I noticed that many heads turn when someone brings up the issue of "African Americans", but I remain at a loss as to why no one felt compelled so far to mention the "ostracized" ethnic Somali tribes back home who first and foremost share look, culture, religion, language and everything else with other Somalis but have been mistreated and disrespected since time immamorrial.

Walaalayaal, as we all know, this prejudice and negetive perception held by the majority of Somalis, be it against others or against each other, is not necessarily based upon a mere skin shade, kinky hair or having foriegn roots. The underlying issue, I believe, is quite more complicated than that.

In essence, it would be nice if we thought of putting a fresh spin on our attitudes towards others from a different angle and focused on embracing "Soomaalida la quudhsado" first. I mean, whoever (male or female) that is willing to test the waters with "foriegners" should start first thinking about his own. The reason, among other things, being that it would seem rather far-fetched enough, per se, when a Somali starts advocating for "mixing with others" when his/her own backyard is still a Berlin wall for many of his own family.

Visit http://www.midgaan.com

Somalidu waxay ku maahmaahdaa: ninkii tiisaba daryeelaa tukalena ku dara.

Salaan...

Have a look at this piece by this obvious guy's admiration, infatuation or for whatever reason with our women.

Approximately two months ago, an international panel named Indian actress and Bollywood queen Aishwarya Rai "the most beautiful woman in the world". The contest was conducted by beauty product makers Beautiko who asked: "Which living female in the public eye deserves the title The Most Beautiful Woman in the World."

This apparently did not come as a surprise to industry insiders who pointed out that Indians have been dominating international pageants-Miss World and Miss Universe among them-for the past ten years. One Beautiko executive, a Briton, commented, "The peoples of India are simply the most beautiful in the world, and the Indian women’s success in beauty pageants on the international stage is testament to that fact."

And now to my subject. I certainly do not consider myself an expert on the beauty and modeling industry, nor have I ever had the occasion, or the compulsion for that matter, to write about it. I have always, and still do, consider these contests an ugly American tradition that brings out everything superficial about our society. But what compels me now to consider the subject is that when my Indian colleague first made mention of the contest, I began contemplating that perhaps India did not deserve such a title. Let me stop here: I, as a rule of thumb, avoid political correctness, and hope that my comments throughout this piece are not proclaimed "racist," as is often the case in the US. India is currently undergoing a beauty pageant craze. Such contests as Miss India and Miss Bollywood have popped up in recent years, and throughout India you will find women being coached on how to walk, talk, and act in beauty contests. Indian officials have been aggressive in getting Indian women in international contests. It is for this reason I ask that perhaps the world’s most beautiful woman does not reside in India, or Venezuala, or the United States, but in the outer reaches of the globe, in some little corner of the world that has been overlooked by the rest of the world. Perhaps the world's most beautiful people are in an African state called Somalia.

Indeed, Somalia has been overlooked by the rest of the world. Located in East Africa, the "Horn of Africa" as it is often called, Somalia has been in civil war for the past 14 years, with no apparent end in site. I had occasion to visit the country two years ago for National Geographic Magazine, to write a piece on terrorism in East Africa. We had entered through the Kenyan border, and my first impression was that this country had been gutted by fire. An arid semi-desert environment, Somalia’s land was an empty shell of its former self: many of the trees had been burned for coal, and as for wildlife, our driver pointed out that "they had all run off to Ethiopia." It is in this hostile and forgotten land that I have discovered the world’s most beautiful people. Somali women are tall, graceful creatures of breathtaking beauty. Somalis are a Cushitic people, descendants of the Kingdom of Cush, and Somali Coast was referred to as the Land of Punt by ancient Egyptian and Greek sailors. Somalis, in contrast to other Africans, have Caucasoid features and often including straight hair more rather than the kinky hair that is more typical of Africans. Following Iman’s entry into the modeling industry, she was born in Somalia, one fashion writer comments: "She should not be considered African American, nor is she a reflection of natural African beauty--she looks like a white woman dipped in chocolate." Some groups of Somali Cushites I have come upon have light colored skin and some dazzling green or blue eyes. I remember in Mogadishu, while buying bottled water from a local vendor, his daughter came out from the back of the store to give us the water we had bought. I must admit, I was frozen by her breathtaking beauty: dazzling green eyes contrasted beautifully with her dark skin. The loose garments certainly could not hide a figure reminiscent of the supermodels seen in Paris runways. Many Somali women walk several kilometers from their homes in dusty villages each day to scrounge for firewood and to fetch water. They are bonded laborers many horrifically circumcised to keep them "pure" until their wedding night. These are women whose entire lives will be dominated by hard labor and pitiful wages, if any, their contribution to society unrecognized. So it is not surprising that these women would never consider beauty contests or other matters of the type. Somalis are also a deeply religious people: many Somali refugees, or even those born abroad, would never consider such careers. Following my trip to Somalia I talked to many Somalis in Minneapolis and Columbus area concerning this subject. Many men and woman considered Americas obsession with beauty shallow, and referred to women who pursued such careers, Iman and Waris Dirie are often mentioned here, "whores without faith or religion." Although I must object to such harsh terms, I cannot help but agree to a certain degree.

Perhaps this extraordinary beauty of Somalis is best left hidden--a diamond in the rough. Nevertheless, if Beautiko were to look harder in their search for beauty, they would find the most beautiful woman in the world in a country called Somalia.

Afrian-American-oriented magazine Essence called Iimaan "white woman dipped in chocolate" in early '70s when she burst on the scene. They were obviously weren't satisfied why a photographer need to go to Africa and bring a beautie back to America while African-Americans live abundantly in America itself. They thought he was racist. Even Black Power movement threatened Iimaan in her early career.