Sign in to follow this  
Professor S

Why do the women in UK ..

SALAAM TO ALL OF U

I want to know why all women in UK always talk about their boyfriends.

I saw alot of them saying that, "our family didn't like him".

What the hell is that kind of family. If your'e family knows you have a boyfriend, and is happy with that, that ain't your'e family, they are your'e enimies.

Can anybody tell me why the families in UK support their children to have boyfriends and girlfriends.

And are they muslims or what??????

Hello and welcome Professor.

Now that the niceties are out of the way, wot on God's green earth are you talking about?? :confused:

"All women in UK"? :mad: redface.gif

Well then I suppose you girls don't have to worry, eh? :cool:

On a side note, my boyfriend is gonna be meeting my parents soon, and I'm concerned they won't like him. :(

hey Professor, i would love to help u answer that question...but i'm not from UK so i really don't know much..and hey girls im in safe group too ;) .

Faheema.   

LoL@Barwaaqo , I was thinking the same but i've only known him for couple of weeks, Lakiin i am sure Hooyo and Aabo wouldn't mind if i brought him home for them to meet. :D Put the kettle on luv, it's a family affair ;)

On a serious note, what are you doing making such a sweeping statement? :confused: Kaaga daranka Professor buu isugu yeedhayaa hmmm :rolleyes:

^^ LoL! Cawo, u kno ur faarax is too cute not to be liked by hooyo N aabe! ;)

DA,

Enemies huh? That lifts a lot of weight off ma shoulders! :D

raula   

** coz many of their mothers been watching too much HINDI and Western movies ** icon_razz.gif ..lol..I guess they want their gals/boys to be SUAVE & CULTURED (Westernly ofcourse) :rolleyes:

But Iam eager to see the replies of UK-ladies Hayee! icon_razz.gif

Tuujiye   

ma-man wlc hadalka gabdhahaan ha u bixin meshaan su'aasha aa rabtid soo tuur..dadka ee feeraha kaga dhacdo na raali noqda dheh, kuwa maskaxda ku qabtona ka wardoon..

hadaan kaaga jawaabo su'aasha in somali if you don't mine, aniga horta ma dhihi laheen gabdhaha UK oo dhan ayaa isku wada mid ah. Laakiin dhibkaan dhibka aad sheegeysid ma fahmin maxaa yeelay ugu horeentii waxaa weydiisay,

I want to know why all women in UK always talk about their boyfriends.

I saw alot of them saying that, "our family didn't like him".

su'aashadan waxaan u arakay in aadan ka helin gabdhaha ka hadla wiilasha ee la socdaan laakiin aadan wax ka qabin in ee la socdaan wiil. And then you said

What the hell is that kind of family. If your'e family knows you have a boyfriend, and is happy with that, that ain't your'e family, they are your'e enimies.

xagaas waxaan u arkaa in aadan wax ka qabin gabarta la socota wiilka. Maxaa yeelay waad la talineysaa sxb. Ugu danbeentii waxaad hadalkaaga ku qatimtay sidaan.

Can anybody tell me why the families in UK support their children to have boyfriends and girlfriends.

And are they muslims or what??????

xagana waxaan ka arkaa in aad ka soo horjeedid botfriend iyo girlfriendka la sheego..lol..

marka sxb waxaa fiican inta aadan dadka su'aal weydiin inaad adiga is weydiisid first.Maxaa yeelay adigaaba kasoo horjeedin sida aan u arko.

I'm not in UK i'm in Canada and we have the same problems here in Canada if not worse.

Waxa keena waxaan oo kalena waa diintii oo dadka ku yaraatay. Waalidiinta hada jooga, kuma eesan adkeen diinta marka ee ayaga yarayeen oo sifiican maba eesan u aqoon. Hada marka ee yeesheen caruur oo caruurtiina ku koreen dhul gaalo, diinta aad iyo aad bee ugu adkaataa caruurta hadii eesan ka imaan family diinta ku dhagan.

My friend wadankaan aan joogo, a girl having a boyfrined is not looked at so bad because everything alse is worse. We have girls drinking smoking up, stripping, and on the streets selling their body. Marka iinsha alaah wadan keena ayaan ku noqon doonaa waxaan oo kalena kama hadli doono..

wlc my friend I'm Tuujiye aka Garab tuujiye..oo ku magac dheer ina baqti lagde oo kusii magac dheer " maxaa iga galay"..lol :D

Qac Qaac   

bro there are lots of good girls, practicing girls in UK.. so careful not to say something bad to mu'minah sister, coz that is big Sin. but i think, u asked this question coz u exprienced something... and u have right to be answered.

gabar soomali ah, oo boyfriend leh, maba lahadleen waligay. uff.

Blessed   

lol@ Barwaqo and Cawo.

Yous lot are cruel, you know that :D

Mr Professor.

Welcome to SOL walaal.

Fisrt of all, I think the term 'boyfriend' is a little vague. It's meaning sort of changes in the Somali and English context. The reason for the rise in pre-marital relationships is that arranged marriages are no longer practiced by Somalis.

I personally don't see a problem with two people who want to get to know each other before they get married (as long as they don't go over the top and do it gaalo style). I also think that many parents have adopted this way of thinking. Otherwise, they’ll end up with spinsters for daughters and sons married to none Somali - no Muslim women. Notice the double standards in the Professors post?

Coming to the second part of your question - are they Muslim? I wouldn't question a person’s faith based on their wrong actions. Sometimes Muslims (even good Muslims) act in an un-Islamic manner. Laakin, have you considered the fact that some parents might want to get involved in their daughters life by perhaps leaving the door open for her to tell them about who she intends to marry and give them a chance to get involved in the selection process.

I know a lady who lets guys that are interested in her daughter to visit her in the house because she feels that gives her a peace of mind - knowing who she's talking to and making sure that’s all that gonna happen between them. Talk! It's better than the undercover bizniz most Somalis get involved in - cos as they say wax la qariyo ceeb baa ku jirta.. and I am 100% that any gal who was a seeing a brother just for the sake of ‘bashaal’ or whatever – the last people she’d wanna know about it – are hooyo and aabo. If , I was a mother, I'd probably adopt this approach with my daughter - if he is prepared to come to your house and talk to you in front of your parents - than you got yourself a serious man. I think that also goes inline with the Islamic perspective... don't confuse it with the meet the parents scenarios on American television.

In an instance where you get parents who don't mind it if their sons and duaghters mess around tehir lovers - waa hawl iyaga u taala - you can't expect everyone to follow the rules.

and finaly - don't generalise dee.

Waryaa Ina Bakhti Lagde aka Grab Tuujiye,

I must say that your response was more than impressive. Laakin, I don't want disappoint you walaal but gabdhaha Somaalia joogaaba wiilasha wey la sheekeystaan. I mean how are you gonna find a xaajiyad, if you don't talk to girls ...

Khayr   

Salaamz,

The reason for the rise in pre-marital relationships is that arranged marriages are no longer practiced by Somalis.

I agree

I personally don't see a problem with two people who want to get to know each other before they get married (as long as they don't go over the top and do it gaalo style).

Now suddenly,sentimentality plays a role and lets things slide here by saying 'PERSONALLY'. You are saying something but your heart believes in something else, hence the change in attitude in the latter paragraph.

I know a lady who lets guys that are interested in her daughter to visit her in the house because she feels that gives her a peace of mind - knowing who she's talking to and making sure that’s all that gonna happen between them. Talk! It's better than the undercover bizniz most Somalis get involved in - cos as they say wax la qariyo ceeb baa ku jirta.. and I am 100% that any gal who was a seeing a brother just for the sake of ‘bashaal’ or whatever – the last people she’d wanna know about it – are hooyo and aabo. If , I was a mother, I'd probably adopt this approach with my daughter - if he is prepared to come to your house and talk to you in front of your parents - than you got yourself a serious man. I think that also goes inline with the Islamic perspective... don't confuse it with the meet the parents scenarios on American television.

So then to let me get this from what Ameenah wrote here, the points are then:

-It is good to let things OUT and have no shame. So therefor, bringing a 'boyfriend/girlfriend' home or telling the family is a GOOD THING.

"It's better than the undercover bizniz"

-Peace of Mind to a parent is important and justifies what the children do. So as long as the child tells the parents what they are doing,

it is Tolerable!!!

-That the Deen tolerates Relationships outside of Marriage as long as ofcourse, the people say that they are going to get married (Just the intention has to be set, to make it HALAL-right?)

I must say that your response was more than impressive. Laakin, I don't want disappoint you walaal but gabdhaha Somaalia joogaaba wiilasha wey la sheekeystaan. I mean how are you gonna find a xaajiyad, if you don't talk to girls ...

Well, does that Sum Up your thoughts then.

"I mean how are you gonna find a xaajiyad, if you don't talk to girls "

Fi Amanillah