Sign in to follow this  
Johnny B

Cursed are thee !

Johnny B   

After reading Noah´s curse , one is left with a raisen eyebrows about the justifications given to the deep racism that is engraved in some cultures.

According to many Muslims and the general biblical account, it all started when Ham , a son of prophet Noah, found his father drunk and naked in his tent and told his brothers, Shem and Japheth about it.

Shem and Japheth somehow embarrassed proceeded to cover their naked father without gazing him.

Later when Noah found out what happened , he curses not Ham but Ham´s som Canaan saying " you will be the servant of the servants".

Though no biblical information about Noah´s family in racial terms is revealed, Ham is /was presented as the black son of Noah, and there we´ve the justification of Slavery , racial inferiority/supremacy, racial hierarchy in the faith.

From that tale to the "slave market " in Riyadh (kingdom of Saudi Arabia) to the churchs in the South (Alabama) the justfication is recorded and acted upon.

Slavery was religiously justified both in east and west, otherwise it would never get rooted . though Muslims rather not dig the history of the early black Muslims , Slavery have mysteriously survived in Islam, so an examination of slavery in Islam though highly neglected holds some vital answers as to why it survived.

The tale of Sam raises questions ,like ,where did Sam go wrong ? becouse he accidently found his father naked and drunk or becouse he shared the information with his brothers?and why the curse went to Sam´s son Canaan and not to Sam himself.

Do you as black and Muslim find the punishment of Sam(the black son of Noah) justifiable?

what is your take?

Kashafa   

What's my take ? My take is to wish you better luck finding a way to discredit Islam. After getting thoroughly owned on other threads, you come at us with this bogus story of Noah's curse as evidence ?? Just like half of the 'parables' in the Bible, they're made up by human beings like yourself with ulterior motives. Did you know that according to the same Bible, Lot slept with his two daughters ? Maybe in your next thread you can analyse how 'eastern and western' religions justify and encourage incest.

Slavery have mysteriously survived in Islam, so an examination of slavery in Islam though highly neglected holds some vital answers as to why it survived

^^ You can at least attempt to start a serious discussion with that line. That whole Curse Syndrome sheeko xareero, though, is beyond ridiculous .

-Lily-   

JB, whatever take people have on it, it has been resolved by a) equality in race and creation in Islam, b) the prophet's campaign against slavery.

Salam, althought I have a feeling none of those will satisfy you.

Khayr   

Originally posted by Kashafa:

What's my take ? My take is to wish you better luck finding a way to discredit Islam. After getting thoroughly owned on other threads, you come at us with this bogus story of Noah's curse as evidence ?? Just like half of the 'parables' in the Bible, they're made up by human beings like yourself with ulterior motives. Did you know that according to the same Bible, Lot slept with his two daughters ? Maybe in your next thread you can analyse how 'eastern and western' religions justify and encourage incest.

Kashafa, jazakAllah khayrun for saying it straight.

Nuff Said!

N.O.R.F   

According to many Muslims and the general biblical account, it all started when Ham , a son of prophet Noah, found his father drunk and naked in his tent and told his brothers, Shem and Japheth about it.

Many muslims?

Gabbal   

Please do not tell me someone posted a trivial discredited Biblical addition as a legitimate source of discussion concerning Islam. Please do no tell me :confused:

Johnny B   

Kashafa, ofcourse i do understand that you and many muslims do claim that today´s bible is not the corrcet( original) bible , i also do understand that the story of Noah is not only in the bible of christianity, but also in the Quran , what i don´t understand though is you (as Muslim) getting utmost defensive, questioning my ( to be ) motives instead of putting forward (your belif) the Islamic account on the issue of racial slavery,racial inferiority/supremacy and eventual justifications in the faith. your defensiveness sends shivers down some spines , wonder , what you´re hiding?!.

Haynes book 'Noah´s curse' may or may not be a "sheko xareero" ,that is a judgement for everyone who reads the book to make , but your apparent attempt to merely dismiss it´s point that there is/was a religious justification in slavery both in the Arabic culture and westren culture is fatal trifling and finger pointing at best.

Originally posted by Kashafa:

After getting thoroughly owned on other threads, you come at us with this bogus story of Noah's curse as evidence ??

I´ve known that you feel intimidated by my stance, however,i don´t understand that question, that is if that was a question , owned by whom? evidence for what? if i may ask. i hope that is not comming from another empty can, another Khayr or HA if u like.You´re good for dealing with the subject matter , not with my ( to be ) motives of posting

The Ham tale was later conventionally trotted out as God´s reason for condemning generations of dark-skinned peoples from Africa to slavery.The Ethiopians( surely some skinnies too ;) ) were the first black people held as slaves in Arabia, blackness became associated with servitude.

Jews, Christians and Muslims had exploited this story for other purposes,often tangential to the later peculiar preoccupation.

here i came to think of the parallel thought of the Somali clan degradation / Supremacy / hierarchy.

Facts are hard to deal with, specially if it concerns something or somebody that is so dear to us.

one´s mother is never ugly , but one knows that there are 'not so pretty mothers' out there . :D

What does the slave market in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia tell you? give it a shot, i know you can do it.

WaterLilly, you´re right , none will cut it for me, becouse it´s ambiguous to say it has been resolved.

A) and B)

Are you saying that a racial degradation / supremacy justifications were there but it was resolved.?

ps. what is the Islamic account of Ham, son of Noah and the curse ? that´d be intresting. :D

Zafir   

I have heard of these stories and read some in the books of genesis. And JB I thinks it was Sham that got cursed not Ham. Ham is supposedly the white folk. This is the issue I find tough to grasp, who claimed who is who? If it wasn’t evident in the Qur’an, for all I don’t know I could be the descendent of Ham.

Jacpher   

Originally posted by JB:

ps. what is the Islamic account of Ham, son of Noah and the curse ? that´d be intresting.

Only a dope mind would ask a gobshitty question about cock & bull story.

Gabbal   

ps. what is the Islamic account of Ham, son of Noah and the curse ? that´d be intresting.

A more interesting question is does Islam even mention Ham, Shem, and the other supposed "son" of Noah? If you find it does, please come back. If you find it does not, please do not come back. smile.gif