Sign in to follow this  
Baashi

Islamic sorority @ U of K

STOIC   

Baashi, this is a salutation in recognition of their achievement.It must be a brilliant idea.I wonder if they have a fan club;i could write an email to them.The thing i never liked about Sororities and fraternies is the hitting of the keg(beer).When you are a member of these fraternies; you are basically buying freinds.I hope the muslim sorority will be a model of perfection for the rest of America.

Taking a seat at the introductory meeting, Boushra Aghil, a 20-year-old junior in an olive green shirt and black hijab,

Mhmmm…What a blessed sight; *A big Sigh accompanied by a mashallah*. smile.gif

Maybe the somali kids in qaxoti populated cities can use this.

Thanks Baashi,i know which Univ My daughter will go to(Inshallah). Pioneers;Mashallah

Baashi   

^ :D

I beg to differ and say this is as good as it gets for the young guns trying to fit in a place where "trying new stuff", "experimenting", "partying", and "having fun" is the norm. By having a circle of friends with similar background, they are better off than getting "jigging wid it" free fall, I say.

The fresh year is a very difficult one. This sorority thing will come handy for the beginners :D

^^The motto of Gamma Gamma Chi: "Striving for the pleasure of Allah through Sisterhood, Scholarship, Leadership and Community Service."

Now tell me, good Baashi, if that is not a departure from the typical norm in the college life.. :D

Castro   

^ Whatever happened to striving for brothers who play ball and drinking inordinate amounts of booze? :D

This is a great idea by the way. One more reason to let my kids go off to colleges far away from home. Before this, I had none.

STOIC   

^^This one will be a true drug free zone;this why i said it is a brilliant idea.Who wouldn't wanna see on sorority Rush night girls reading the Quraan?

PS Any dad out there; you better make sure your daughter is a xaafiid .

Originally posted by STOIC:

The thing i never liked about Sororities and fraternies is the hitting of the keg(beer).When you are a member of these fraternies; you are basically buying freinds.

Actually, it seems to me that many of you are not really aware of sororities and fraternities besides what you see on the Television.

I belong to a Multicultural Sorority and I can guarantee you that:

a) I bdid not buy my friends - my sorority is a non-profit and if we have to do activities/events/diversity forums, we need to be able to cover all the overhead expenses we incur. And my sorority sisters, we are closer than alot of the friends I made in college. That is why it's called a sisterhood.

b) We do not condone Drinking. We can't even drink if we have our letters on. We have NEVER hosted nor will host a party that will condone drinking.

We are not the only sororities out there who don't do that. Do your research before you spout of your "20/20" version of Sororities.

BTW, it's a great sorority, and I've already sent them an email of congrats.

STOIC   

Heh.This is not a version of 20/20 newsbit clips.I live three buildings across from this sororities/fraternities.I witness the savage behaviour of these sororities every night and day.Now am not implicating that every sorority girl or frate boy is a booze drinker.There may be an exception but the majority are a bunch of kids who peddle on how to get wasted on friday night.The efficacy of most frat/sororities are good;they are building the sisterhood/brotherhood thing but majority of the kids join it to form a freindship that i couldn't get it from the campus.

You are talking about NPC/IFC/LOCAL fraternities and sororities. What they do is there business.

There are black, latino, multicultural, asian and other culture-specific fraternities out there..who do not have "kegging" image. Just dont make it seem like ALL of them are like that, because it's not.

Otherwise, I would never have joined.