Sign in to follow this  
Macalin

Take a break from 'complainville'---new Topic

Stop the wonders on how the Nomads used to

heal our people, they worked for most part.

Either it was miracle or it was all in the mind.

But some way or other happen to work..

Hey Ilhaam,I never seen that,What part of somali you from..lol

Koob dableh oo masaajo loo isticmaalaayo?

War cusub...

How about, The Xirsi part.that was common.

I rem' seeing every youngsta in some of the hoods

having them dangling on their neck or other parts.

I seen a grown ass man at the somali mall wearing it

I asked him is that a fashion statement or your still Enrolled Dr.Whatwashisname's presciption..

Macalin   

Yes-this indeed did happen!

Hey, what about...bakeeriga warqad ama maro holceeysa la dhex gelinaayo...then qofka dhabarka laga saaraayo.(I think it was used markow muruq kugu jura) Do you remember this? OR I have it wrong

-------

I rem my grandPa was done to that i cried my Heart out-poor Me

Poet--The Xirsi if U ask me is kinda shirk---me never liked that!

A7LA-SHU   

Lakkad i see u still think im real majnuunah huh?? ma3lesh :Dicon_razz.gif lol..

but if u wanna gain weight.. eat all the junk food u can think of. try eatin alot of sweets. it might even make u sweet person (like mwah)lol..

Rokko   

Lakkad, I heard the reason why Somalis are so loud is because DALQAD is removed. lol

weird theory huh? That is what they say.

MD   

Now in somali less and less people practice the things you guys all mentioned, they have a better understanding of the deen alhamd, I've been there for a visit and never seen or heard of these things.

Macalin   

Mobb-LOL...it could be true...walle i have seen qofkii dalqada lagooyo is always louder than kuwa kala---interesting walle

Hijabified~~ seriously this stuff goes on in some remote areas...sho does

LuCkY   

Lakkad im gonna have to disagree with you and Mobb_Deep-i asked around and did some hunting as to the what the deaL is behind the Loudness and the removaL of the dalqada-nothing reaLLy.SomaLi peopLe are naturaLLy Loud Like Mag-girL said.

Now back to the remoted area and the practice of the things mentioned, beLieve it or not but it does happen even in the big city-Muqdisho, yes i have witnessed and i was a victum of some of those acts. redface.gif

And when did the knowLedge of deen stop some(somaLi)peopLe from doing certain things? :confused: *i dont mean to generaLize*

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey, what about...bakeeriga warqad ama maro holceeysa la dhex gelinaayo...then qofka dhabarka laga saaraayo.(I think it was used markow muruq kugu jura) Do you remember this? OR I have it wrong

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

lol....hmm...walaahi..this is called towbin (taubitaan) i cant really write somali...

anyways...one of my sisters friends learnt it off her sijui/jabouti friend.

you get an empty cup, burn a peice of paper, put it in the cup, and before the fire goes out,,place the cup on the aching muscle. the fire, because it is being deprived of oxygen will go out. the air in the cup sucks up the muscle & skin area that it is covering. i dont know how , but this helps break down the lump that you get when you got a cramp in your muscle.

well my sister was having some real bad muscle pains, and she was constantly asking for a massage. so her friend tells her that she will taub her, my sister agrees,..

im sitting near by watching and thinking she is brave,,,

the first time,,,,mission accomplished,,,

second time, they was arguing, my sister didnt want it..but her friend was saying muruuqa muu burburiin,,,so waan ku celinayaa,,,,anyways, she places the cup on my sister,,,and my sister screems, the women tells her to stop being a baby, its just her muscle getting broken down,,,

i smell somthing burning and take a closer look, the fire has gone out and i see nothing, and laugh at my sister....

the girl removes the cup.. and starts massaging the area, all i see is my sisters skin peeling off as the women is massaging her,,,,damn....did i screem , and screw, and shout, and almost cry!

as she was placing the cup on her back, the paper droppped forward, and caught my sisters skin, because of O2 deprivation, it stoped burning, but it done enuff damage, my sister has the scare on her back!

^---never ever try this !!!!

hey ,,,,i dont know if it was cultural/religious or even a figment of my own imagination, (i was only 3) but i remember falling ill, and my father would read Qur'an in whatever it was i was drinking and he would spit in my drink?????????

ooh, and eating raw egg-yokes....what was the deal there???

Xafsa   

Originally posted by silent-sistah:

hey ,,,,i dont know if it was cultural/religious or even a figment of my own imagination, (i was only 3) but i remember falling ill, and my father would read Qur'an in whatever it was i was drinking and he would spit in my drink?????????

I think thats called Tahliil when you read quran and "spit" into water. I don't know if its actual spitting...

The raw eggs I heard was for when you get a cold...they would beat the egg with sugar and make you drink it early in the morining. Nasty!!!

Ladiif   

Is it Hilib Daqle or Dalqad? y'all saying Dalqa or dalqad!!

Dalqad=3 dalqadood marka laysku furo.

But anyways, somalis were so cruel to do these things on poor kids. So painful wallaah :mad:

SuNsHyNe   

Hey guys!! I have been away on holiday for a while, but its good to be back again!

One famous remedy back in the day was to burn over sizing limbs with a burning metal rod!!

I remeber some of my cousins having it done, coz she used to have an over gorwing head that was twice as bid as her tiny body!! She had her head burned with a burnig metal rod from the four sides. This did control the growing!! However she does have a scar to this day!!

Has anyone heard of this?

Buubto   

Asalaamu Aleikum Wr Wb

How about “duulal” the person completely changes speaks in different language often the voice changes as well, to an old men. She (the victim) will order whatever she wants (though they say is the jin’s who request their needs). One’s I remember our neighbors housemaid had this disease, duulashii ayaa ku soo kacay, she jumped over the fence to our house jumping up & down in strange way & threatening everyone. So an old lady helped her, cuud ayaa la shiday, She ordered maraq with hilib when she ate it, then she ordered some drums, other ladies came & they plaied the drums, they said is the way to cure it, after a while she was fine like nothing happened. Subhana laah, that is one of the strange things I have seen.

Changed   

buubto naagti dariska wa buubi jirtay haye.....lol

i remember that too..

i also remember cunuga marki lacayuumo wax baa lasiiya..i think it was mal mal.....my neice was given that remedy walahi i was laughing at my hooyo as she gave her the mil mil...i cant believe the sell at mnplz too :eek: :eek: