Sign in to follow this  
Pujah

Have you ever?

N.O.R.F   

The man who supported a gaal against a muslim speaks. LoL

Every muslim knows that and it is like asking proof for zakaat, fasting in the holy month of Ramadan or going to Hajj and Umra, can you see it? Total and absolute non-starters. Khalas! Finito! Understand? I doubt it.

Not every muslim i'm affraid. Zakaat, siyaam, hajj, salaat are all part of deenul Islam (Quran/Sunnah) ie no contest.

For the reply to a non-muslim who says asalaama alaykum, show me the money!

Ibtisam   

Every muslim knows that and it is like asking proof for zakaat, fasting in the holy month of Ramadan or going to Hajj and Umra, can you see it? Total and absolute non-starters. Khalas! Finito! Understand? I doubt it.

What is wrong with asking for proof of Zaaka and Fasting, the evidence is there for whoever needs it regardless of if it is obviouse or not. You made a claim, so support it from the Quran and sunnah otherwise don't impose it on people. The burden on prove lies with the one who is making the claim, for we know that everything is hala unless it has been said that it is haram with evidence. On this issue i have only come across the hadith northerner posted and that is in relation to the jews!

No one knows who will die as a Muslim or as a non Muslim, and wishing someone Salam has not been a major problem in different school of thoughts! With the exception of the Salafi's who maintain that you can not say the last part of the full salaam, which is their opinion.

^Al-Hamdulillaah calaa kulli Xaal!

I had originally not in mind to even entertain such widely and accessible knowledge as the one I outlined but I guess ignorance is bliss! It is a islamic duty for everyone to seek knowledge to regards to his deen but the brother and sister above seem to get their sources/knowledge from hear-say or rather they take out some random hadith without knowing what it actually says! Are they blind or what? lol.

As the issue comes down to personal attacks I for sure know that the folks I'm 'debating' with here are truly blind caamo (ignorant folks), I have had the pleasure to educate many times before in our beautiful religion!

Wasn't it you Ibtisam who said that it was 'OK to display sometimes doubts in ones religion as ***[Edited]'Everybody has doubts sometimes in his religion' and that there's no harm in doing so'! Maybe you can't remember it but I put you right on that, but let's hope the whole matter doesn't become a personal vendetta thing as the one with brother Northerner who brought politics into such matters as the one currently on 'contention' and I don't even know why?

But the hadiith shown by Northerner is right but does it deal with the matter at hand or does it say that Muslims should greet kaafirs with replying 'Wa calaykumu salaam' like they would do to muslims? Does it? No is the answer! The whole thing becomes a farce. Ignorance is really a bliss!

Show me please where it says that ***[Edited]kaafirs should be made dua upon by replying 'Wa Calaykumu Salaam' like they would do to a muslim? Are you dumb on top of being ignorant aswell? Subhanallaah may you be guided!

The hadith only says if Jews say to you 'May death be upon you' you should reply 'Wa calaykum or in the singular 'wa calayka'! Now tell me what you have proofed/achieved? That muslims should reply when they're wished death upon by the jews that they should reply with 'You too'! Lol

Totally irrelevant hadiith to the matter that is being 'discussed'! Oh the headache, are people really that dumb. Yes, when Jews come up and wish you death you should say 'You too' to them but we're talking about a whole another issue! We're talking about the

etiquette

of greeting kaafirs! So, no, you cannot say 'Wa calaykumu Salaam' to a kaafir like you would do to a muslim.

So next time you see George Galloway and he says to you 'As-Salaamu calaykum' don't wish dua for him by saying 'Wa calaykumu Salaam' like you would say to a muslim because it is not permissible/allowed to do so, understand? Lol, give me a break! I can't take this anymore.

You're not on my level walaalayaal not even close! You cannot be stubborn when you have been shown the truth or it came out of the month from somebody you don't like understand?

So calm down kids and let me educate you! Follow me and ask me relevant questions but no too many please because that is not allowed again! You have to strife and educate yourself and after all avenues are exhausted you come to me and ask me, deal? Good one, I knew you would eventully come to your senses one day.

Al-Hamdulillaah Calaa kulli Xaal! I thank Allaah the exalted for my prestige upbrining and that he gave me a good education in Islaam and made me not one of the ignorant and blind ones! Al-hamdulillaah! I'm grateful to Allaah the exalted the small amount of knowledge he has blessed me with! I cannot thank him enough! Also for giving me the intellect and good judgement to deal with those basic issues at 'contention here'! Al-Hamdulillaah.

Ibtisam   

^^You know I read that through and you have yet to present any evidence. All I saw was self admiration and arrogance mixed with rudeness and personal attacks. I won't even mention your manners or lack of it, shall I say. When has this patronizing/ arrogance and rudeness become the way of Islam. You should be ashamed of your self, :mad: What happened to humble, nobility, goodness and politeness in people who aim to as you claim “educate people!”

The issue is not whether I have doubts in my religion or not (that’s none or your business) nor is it about any other topic that I have commented on, or about me as a person, or what you know or do not know, or how important or knowledgeable you are, frankly I could not care less.

And my ignorance is not your concern either, now show me a clear evidence without insulting me, or getting my personal belief involved or dragging anything else in. I don't want your opinion, I want evidence. Let me clarify that for you shall I. Evidence in Islam is (Allah said, the prophet said, the Sahab said and finally the scholars said) I don't see your name on that list brother, no offense.

p.s. I am so glad I'm not on your level, alhumudlilah

Shakti   

Originally posted by Mejia:

Have you ever said Insha Allah to non Muslim?

I did the weirdest thing today. I had to submit HLD(high level design) for a project yesterday but I didn’t report to work because of inclement weather we were having here.

This morning when I got to work I sent an email to my manager advising her it will be completed and submitted by lunch hour.
Insha Allah.

I didn’t realize it until she came over asking me what the word meant.
redface.gif

loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool.. never did.. but i'll test drive it today.. just 2 see their respond... :D

Edited: MKA u ROCK with ur long essays, keep it coming plzzzzzzzzzz

Originally by Ibtisam:

Evidence in Islam is (Allah said, the prophet said, the Sahab said and finally the scholars said)

Sorry sister, but you're mistaken again. That is a wrong statement! How can you equal Allaah the great with the prophet peace be upon him and the sahaaba and scholars?

You see, it's simple you're not on my level!

First it is Allaah said, then Prophet Muhammed peace be upon him said! But do not equal Allaah to his creation by not adding 'then' or 'after that'! You get it sister?

You see with me knowledge comes free, stay with me as you're going to learn a lot today inshallaah!

Ibtisam   

How does that Equal anything, it is a chain process, in the order of relevance, first and foremost you the Quran (all said) if you can't find in their you check the hadith of the prophet (Mohammed (PBUH) said...etc.

If you want to play childish games by all means go ahead do it on your own.

As for your level, May Allah increase it for you, and give you the ability to understand and reason is all I can say, I’m not in a some kind of race nor I'm egoistic.

Once again you are hiding behind other issues to avoid the real issue. I believe you have nothing more to say and will leave you to your self acclaimed statuses of the knowledgeable one. When and if you ever answer the question directly, we shall see.

Blessed   

Yoonis

How about I give you these two hadiths, free of charge. smile.gif

1589. 'Iyad ibn Himar reported that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "Allah Almighty has revealed to me that you should be humble in such a way that no one is either overbearing or boastful towards another person." [Muslim]

1590. Abu Hurayra reported that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "When a man says, 'The people are destroyed,' then he is of all of them, the most destroyed.'" [Muslim]

On the topic. It's a norm here but I did used say it with none-Muslim friends when I was in London.

NGONGE   

MK,

You see, had you said that one should not reply at all, I might have wondered at the truthfulness of your words and might have even troubled myself to do a bit of research on it. But all you did was say that we are not allowed to reply wa caleekom al salaam and instead we should say wa caleekom!

Let me not confuse you with Arabic grammar here. We shall do it in English to show you the folly of your position and the weakness of this myth that you believe (unless you have further explanations of course. Right now I’m purely going by what you wrote).

Al Salaam Caleekom, as I’m sure you already know, means: Peace be Upon you. Now, if you reply with the words wa caleekom then all you would be saying is: And upon you!

That you are wishing the peace to be upon the other person might not be explicitly uttered by you but it would be implied! You are in essence wishing peace upon that person, even though you didn’t utter the word ‘peace, salaam’. Does this make sense to you, saaxib?

I suggest you retrace your steps and find out how you first started to believe in this myth.

AYOUB   

Ngonge the correct reply is supposed to be "wa calayka" since non-muslims aren't accompanied by angels, or that's how I understood things. Why "wa calaika"? Because it's right reply to non-muslims' greetings whether they mean kindness or harm.

As for the topic, I do say inshallah and xamdulillah to non-muslims almost everyday. One of my colleagues wanted me to swear I didn't do something and asked me to say "xamdulillah". I did say "xamdulillah".

smile.gif

Johnny B   

Originally posted by ibtisam:

^^i knew here was a reason i liked you
:D
^^

Can we consider that a confession of secret feelings? , you're not alone.

NGONGE got that effect on all chicks . :D

NGONGE   

AYOUB,

Surely everyone (Muslim or otherwise) has a Raqeeb and Cateed (the angels on the right and left)! Otherwise how will they be given their books on the Day of Judgment and know where they stood? I’m always reluctant to use quranic verses when trying to argue a point (in case I get it wrong) however, in most of those I can recall the verse almost always talks about the ensaan (human being) rather than the simply Muslim or Mo’men. Another verse also urges Muslims to greet others in exactly the same way they were greeted (I recall this ayah from memory and apologise if it’s out of context).

Johnny you just couldn’t help yourself, could you? you had to get in the way as I was blowing my little sister a kiss there! Hmmm. War do you put coca butter in your face? :D

N.O.R.F   

MKA, you seem to be one who adopts the quantitive method in his posts. You write a lot (most of it irrelevant) to get your point(s) across. Without the bravado usually associated with immature featherweights, peep this ya walad.

From the ahadiths I posted, I hoped for you to see the difference in responding to greetings such as ‘asaam alaykum’ and ‘aslaamu alaykum’. If one were greeted with something like the former, then the reply would be ‘wa alaykum’. If someone is greeted with ‘asalaamu alaykum’ one should reply with the same or even better as stated in the following verse:

"When you are greeted with a greeting, greet in return with what is better than it or (at least) return it equally." (Holy Qur'an: An-Nisa': 86)

There is no distinction between Muslims and non-Muslims. With this the Muslim should respond in the manner prescribed by the laws of Shari'ah, by giving a similar response.

You simply do not initiate the greeting to non-Muslims and there is no evidence to suggest ‘wa alaykum’ should be returned to a non-muslim when they greet you with ‘asalaamu alaykum’.

JB, please greet the Nomads :D

-Lily-   

I say Insha Allah all the time to non-Muslims, most Londoners know what that means anyway. The Islama-phobes get a bit edgy, worried you might have some how uttered a 'terror' phrase.

I also take out my book of duacs (Selected Prayers) when some weirdos give you excessive looks on the tube, just to make them uneasy (it has a pic of a mosque on it) :D