Sign in to follow this  
Blessed

Beauty, Shukaansi and Youtube

Blessed   

I've just been watching a video on youtube and noticed that on the side there was a list of videos with similar titles like “Somali girls’ iyo wax saasah. These are basically made up of photos of Somali girls, which were picked out of their profiles from various sites.

I instantly, recalled a girlfriend joking that I shouldn’t worry about a photo that I’ve sent her ending up on somesillysite.com.

I really don’t get the whole image-sharing thing (par family and friends) . :confused: Laakin, I was intrigued, that some people actually take it to a level where they would go through the trouble setting up, collecting photos and negative histories of the girls involved. Weird! Why?

It might be a grudge; the girls might have dissed them, but honestly this is pathetic. I saw a photo of some one I know on the youtube collection and although it’s an innocent every day photo. I know that she wouldn’t approve of it being used in this sleazy fashion.

Some would argue that there’s a certain amount of risk associated with sharing ones photos, esp. where Faaraxs have access. :rolleyes: Whatever happened maintaining trust and respecting others? Faaraxs are a weird bunch, walah!

I’m really trying to understand this phenomenon. I’m I the only one that sees this a pure thuggery? They wouldn’t do it to their sisters, would day? Reminds me of a certain Ninxoon....[i, know]

And, yes. If I may, politely pass a sincere message to all those [paltalk etc] ladies that are getting all sexy online. Safe it for later!

p.s Spread the word to those who might need to know.

It is nothing unique to the Somalis. As rule of thumb, one should be careful with any image and even materials that they post online or share with a "friend" or potential cyber mate. Protect yourself whether you are guy or gal.

I have even seen couple of girl videos supposedly from Paltalk posing for whoever thay are chatting. Not smart move on the girl's part, but what's worse is the guy who went out of his way to gain the girl's trust just he could abuse that trust and flaunt her images online.

P.S Another thing people might not aware of is some employers would actually google you to see anything about you in the cyberworld. Many people lost on possible oppurtunities coz of their images and materials that are online.

PSS...Somaligate.com collected pics of many gals some underage, but I believe that site has been taken down!

Ebyan   

Originally posted by Che-Guevara:

It is nothing unique to the Somalis.

Somalis take it to another extreme. I don't think there are arabgates/pakigates etc. exposing poor underaged girls.

And Somaligate is back.. :mad:

Blessed   

^I hear you.

I wonder what the legal details are on these things. :confused:

I bet you those sites [that hoste their images] have a self protecting clause tucked away somewhere they know people won’t bother reading.

Xaraam walahy. Some of those girls look like they are still in high school. :(

Che.

You are absolutely right. In many cases, your just inviting trouble.

P.s The cockroaches are still at it. I didn’t want to give them an advert space here by providing their link. :rolleyes:

Khalaf   

i suspose some of the girls are innocent, but some are just %$%%#% sorry, that famous youtube video everyone played it wit chick shaking her butt uff nalaytul alayak, its on them namean. and if u good girl dont put urself in that position, protect urself....i know cats that take girls pics wit cell-phones w/out them knowning from da back, ect...reality....but worst i heard this girl her face pic was put on a naked body then sent to peeps......aduunyo!!.....usually happens to gabadha xuun lakiin, usually is key-word here, not good muslimahs with hijabs.

ps: one more reason to wear hijab ladies... :D

ps: one more reason to wear hijab ladies...

....the award for the best advise of the day goes to Khaf Khaf.

Dear boy Khaf Khaf, answer me this question.

Since you were so quick to give out an advise with no merit, because you thought that would solve it all, why did you not have anything to add about the individuals who are responsible for creating this cyber humilation in the first place???

Life isn't as bubbly as you make it out to me, because we don't all live inside a buble like you.

It isn't always that black and white. If you did this, or behaved this way, no harm will come your way, that isn't how it works.

PS:Just a little recap... you indirectly blamed the females for not being "good girls" and not wearing "hijab" more than once.

This is one of the problems with internet, but more importantly with having little boys (and sometimes grown *** men too )who lack sense and little girls who happen to be too insecure to think before doing anything.

Unfortunately this isnt something only non-hijabies girls have to deal with, Hijab doesn’t stop you from anything

Its all within the iman. This idea that we as somalis have when it comes to hijab and non hijab wearing sisters is very wrong. Its seems that not wearing one automatically makes you lenient to making bad choices or being out of control and of course a certified bad Girl..Please!

I think instead of pointing fingers, we as a community internationally or locally need to acknowledge the problem. That our young men degrade women so easily, that young women seem to not only lack confidence but try to emulate this western culture to the fullest.

I say we gotta a problem

Som@li   

Some1 who knows the Somaligate owners should advice them to remove the innocent girls from being exposed like this.

Hijabi girls are indeed protected,(hijab=protection) as there is none used in this po%# type fashion,So Khalaf has a point.

RedSea   

Khalaf, loool...hats off to you sir.

Although the persons responsible for such horrible acts will meet a painful consequence if they don't repell from it, however at the same time people have to be really careful in protecting themselves. Yes sometimes, ladies or guys might want to show bit too much on some cyber exchange with their whatever, they should think twice else they will be advertised on Somaligate.coooooom loool

Sucks to be them.

Idinkaaba ka daran giving a platform and free publicity such said sites. Limit giving the site's url an exposure, and to those who have already listed, it is good idinkoo tirtirtiin magaca shabakadda, that is if you still can.

[Teeda kale what gives that notorious site, whose existence does not pass more than a few months each time, yet are visited by hundreds of thousands in that short-lived bracket. It is one more reason why mar alle markii la xiro loo furaa. It has, unfortunately, an 'audience' eager to follow and participate, which says more about 'us' Soomaalis on the net in general than about the ill-famed owner of the site.]

Some of those pictures, especially the utmost private ones, gabdhaheena lagu xumeeyo are posted by none other than their fellow girl 'friends' that xumaan ku kala tagay, thus xaasidnimo, aargudasho ama maseernimo daradeed usoo giliyo.

Sickening and malicious? Indeed, yes. Despiteful? Truly.

Soomaalida teeda kalena have this needless and unreasonable paranoia aad iyo aad u fiigsan anything about the internet, all the time wiswis ka qabo wax walba. A picture on a site, there is absolutely nothing wrong, even if it was uploaded said notorious sites. Qof ishuba, oo asturan should worry about nothing. To others -- be female or male -- iyagoo qaawan sawir galay awalba, even if it was intended for private viewing, well, I don't have nothing to say to those. Blame solely rests on them, none but themselves for first daringly taking that picture and then keeping it around, xataa in safest of their private rooms. They should not calaacal now that it was exposed to the world.

It reminded me an exposure episode where some gabdho aan Mareykanka isla nimid, and were new to the country, who took almost-nuudo images of themselves and kept them in the sanctuary of their rooms. Some of you may already think nothing wrong with that. Fortunately -- or unfortunately -- the innocent kids found the images when they were not at home and brought the them to living room to show, excitedly, to their mother. Long story short and after a lot of qeylo, sawiradaas waa laga jeexjeexay gabdhahaas, I think. [And I am sure they retook new ones after a few months, now learning their ugly lessons nonetheless.]

To those who are contemplating taking a semi-nude picture and intending to keep it around, always keep in mind that picture will one day be seen by a retina other than your own, if it was intended to yours only to be begin with.

i kinda quit xalimos these days! they aint happening! only thang xalimoo wants these days is 20k wedding and then leave u homeless! u wanna do that! go ahead, make her day...!

do what i did... tell her to pay for her wedding.

she wants it, she should pay for it period. peace.

american guys dont pay for it... the gals family pays for it!! veeeri neeys. :D

I once saw Somaligate and almost passed out. Very compromising situations I tell you. But one has to ask oneself how you put yourself in such a situation to begin with. I mean I think the *******s that run the website should be shamed and shot. However it is a dog eat dog world and you need to be smart about the things you decide to do online. Say you do decide to put a picture online or show a pal, you do it for the right intension and hope the other party don't betray your trust. Why not post an everyday picture with an everyday sort of pose. The images I saw from Somaligate were very erotic and this may sound harsh but tough luck man. Why do you have such a picture anyway?

Rudy…

You are the weirdest person online and you make absolutely no sense what so ever.

Aaaah, I needed to get that off my chest.

salamz