Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

Tata Nano - World's Cheapest Car

me   

How much will it cost after taxes????

about 5 or 6K euro.....so it not that cheap.

100.000 roepie, omgerekend ongeveer € 1.600,-.

De prijs die Tata noemt is de prijs die de tussenhandel aan de fabriek betaalt.

Price between factory and importer. Then there is also the marging between importer and dealer and the dealer needs his margin too and ofcourse the taxes.

N.O.R.F   

GBP 1,200 is what it costs. Not sure about after cashuur but it cant be much. No sure if it will pass the EU safety tests though.

underdog   

Tata is on a roll. They're in line to takeover Jaguar and Land-Rover for $2 billion each.

Apparently, some Jaguar shareholders have expressed reservations about an Indian owning Jaguar.

This is not suprising. We all know Indians are cheap-a$$ . So,the shrewed owners of Tata,after failing to break the car buyers market,came up with this brilliant idea. The car is nothing more than a pimp'd out Tuk-Tuk,a motorized Mkokoteni (Gaari Gacan). Bax dheh,You aint gonna catch me riding in one of those... smile.gif

But,Oh Well its Indians,so that is expected. I guess Jaguar & L/Rover owners can now proudly claim to own a cheap car as well :D

NGONGE   

^^^ Apparently it will cost almost four grand in the UK. Cheap but not cheap enough to tempt people away from the usual family saloons!

ps

I saw the title of this thread and instantly knew who started it. :D

I'm surprised there isn't a thread about real cars yet!

Aaliyyah   

It is cheap enough given that most cars that people drive nowadays are quite costly. But, this car is just not my type of style. Wuxu qaabdaranaaa!!

anyways, those of you who are cheap this is your chance, wuxun wax la'aan wa dhaanta :D

later.

Urban   

Sneez and car will fall apart, awful car.

The ownership of Jag/Landrover doesnt necessarily mean cheap cars. Jags will be Jags, same for LR. One of the main reasons for the take over is the technology, the car market in India is SO huge at the moment, and there's big demand for luxury cars.

By owning LR and Jag, TATA will have all the technology and resources of both companies, i.e engines, chassis, etc etc. What does that mean? TATA can now make their own Luxury cars using these technologies, which would cost millions and millions to start from new.

That's what BMW did with Rover years ago, they bought the company, took all the details for the cars and ready 'technology', and used all that info from Range Rovers and land rovers to design the BMW X5 4x4.

Once they took all they needed, they sold the company. I hope that Jag and LR don't meet the same fate, I dont have a good feeling.

N.O.R.F   

^^Brit cars are Brit cars saxib. Not worth making a fuss over. If its not German its not a car in my view.

Originally posted by NGONGE:

D

I'm surprised there isn't a thread about real cars yet!

Plenty in the Sports section mate

:cool:

-Lily-   

Originally posted by Faarax-Brawn:

quote:Originally posted by -Lily-:

I think it's a cute car that people can afford.

Cute=girly,Affordable=cheap,Cheap=zero power,Zero Power = girly
icon_razz.gif
Hey it's for overpopulated, developing countries ok? It doesn't need to be fast, just warm and safe, presentable, and getting you to where you need to go. Small cars are wonderful.

Zero power=girly aaah? Oh yes, must remind people constantly what a powerful monster I am miya?