Sign in to follow this  
QalQaali

Why are we scared of speaking our Language???

The same reason you Faraxs are scared and ashamed of wearing the macawiis in public...or kamiis and cimaamad. :rolleyes:

So dont be getting all huffy when a kid makes the same choices. :rolleyes:

A kid I can understand...but a grown-up man scared of what others would say and think? :rolleyes:

Puhleeze give me a break...and lay off the kids. :rolleyes:

Look to yourselves first.... :rolleyes:

P.S. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Wiilo   

Ur right FF ,,, tell them like it is gal..........

imankaan waana wareeriyeen :rolleyes:

Go figure:.........

Jurnee   

SomeAlien you took the words right our of my mouth...or head...? I do feel a little left out when there are long posts in somali

Personally Im not that great at speaking somali but i know enough to communicate..(that sounds sad), and the only reason i would be embarressed or scared to speak would be in front of ppl who have excellent somali.

For children, they are probably embarressed which is understandable but not tolerable, i they should be taught to be proud

Salaam

Pacifist   

Parents should put a very high initiative for the children to speak somali. They should talk to them in somali and tell them when they are home only somali no ingris. That is what my parents did... Anybody who did different well we had a good shamboki(wimping)in their behind.

For those who want to learn how to read and write well all i got to say is practice make perfect but you gotta try first. For some of us we might be shy to do that but the shell must break before the bird can fly.