Sign in to follow this  
Ibtisam

1st Annual Somali Appeal

Ibtisam   

1st Annual Somali Appeal Project is a temporary coalition which brings together Somali residents in the UK and other UK based Somali organizations in an effort to facilitate the collection of funds for the purpose of assisting poverty stricken Somalis.

The initiative is focusing on the funds raised reaching people in dire need in refugee camps, internally displaced camps and specialized facilities such as orphanages.

The appeal aims to raise £50,000 by organizing a three day event which would be categorized as follows:

1- On Saturday 21st November 2009, the coalition will organize a full day event. More than 600 guests are expected to attend and participate in a variety of discussions and activities through out the day. There would be speeches from respected members of the community and aid agencies to highlight the plight of the Somali people facing the adversities of civil war.

2- On 28th which would coincide with the blessed day of Eid-Al-Adha, the coalition with organize an out door collections in mosques, community centers and other meeting points frequented by Somalis in the London and its surroundings. As well as a fun day out event for families.

3- On the 5th December 2009, the coalition intends to organize a live television show through a Somali TV channel which is based in London. The show would be broadcasted to more than 30 countries across Europe, North America, Middle East, Asia and Africa. Our target audience would be mainly from the UK however with time permitting we hope to organize collection points in other countries as well.

The money raised in the appeal will be equally distributed to deserving projects in the all areas of the Somali peninsula. These organizations will be selected based on their current projects and humanitarian programs running in most needy areas.

We anticipate that by the end of December 2009, the money raised is already in the hands of the intended groups, so that they can use it for the provision of basic food and clothing and shelter.

1st Annual Somali Appeal requires help in relation to the planning, advertising and execution of an appeal of this scale.

In addition we need Volunteers to raise funds by participating in sponsored walks/ runs, other activities and street fundraising.

Ibtisam   

Pre-Event: 2nd October 2009 at 6.00pm AT School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS) 10 Thornhaugh St, London, WC1H 0XG

This is not a fundraiser event but rather just to get Volunteers and give people some tasks.

Ms DD   

I would help.. but I will be in wadankii hooyo late Oct. Maybe if you need something doing there?

Driver kumalahoo! In this case, ajar baan kaa raadsan lahaa perhaps.

Ibtisam   

^^^Before I opened this thread when I saw your name Ngonge, I thought if he said "stuff and nonsense" I am going to beat him down redface.gif:D

Ngonge, Make sure you attend on Friday, I have a job for you, it suits you perfectly.

DD have you booked your ticket??

Juxa   

Ngonge what you mean good luck, we expect your contribution :rolleyes: xoog iyo xoolaba.

to the rest i truely hope you will help us. it is great cause.

Originally posted by *Ibtisam:

3- On the 5th December 2009
, the coalition intends to organize a live television show through a Somali TV channel which is based in London. The show would be broadcasted to more than 30 countries across Europe, North America, Middle East, Asia and Africa. Our target audience would be mainly from the UK however with time permitting we hope to organize collection points in other countries as well.

Ibti, this clashes with my wedding day, I'A. And I was going to invite you and all. :(

Juxa   

Ms DD the idea is to make it an annual thing, and insha allah next year it would be bigger and better.

Ps: chubacka, we do expect to see you. i will pm you

Ibtisam   

Val You are getting married :D congrats sweetie, that’s great! Mashallah!!! Hambalyo and all!!!

You are having night time event? somali affair right, wa caadey we'll rock up :D

Chubacka, trying to book room today, will let you know before friday. We about 100 people, so bring everyone with you please smile.gif