Sign in to follow this  
Abtigiis

Of Massages and My Mother

Abtigiis   

Stranded in an Airport for 8 hours is tiring. Add to that you slept late the past night and woke up early to check-in in time. So, naturally the feet will feel dizzy and the back will ache. That is how I felt that day. Then, I decided to do a massage right there in the Airport. I slept face down, and in minutes big hands started expertly working my back. The back bone, the muscles near the neck and shoulders. Thighs and feet followed. And then big foot on my back going up and down.

Feeling comfortable, my mother came to me in this luscious dream. Back then, when I was a child, she would tell me to come and walk on her back. Not only me, but all the boys. I was the second son and impatient as I was, I didn’t like hanging on there especially because Mom will not get tired. She will insist I continue as long as the big brother did. I never understood why. Later, as a young man, I associated it with backwardness and belief in unscientific healing methods. Until, I grew up and become addicted to massages. Every Saturday, the routine is done.

Only few times did I end up massaged by women. In most cases, it was expert males. The first time was when a young relative who came from Sweden insisted that we go for a massage in a place called “fil-wuha” (hot water) in 1995. I was a student then, and had no means to go to this place so often. We were excited to experience the heavenly touches of beautiful girls, but we came out depressed as old women of our grandma’s age hit their fists against our backs, angrily telling us to move this or that side. The other time I remember was when a newly opened resort Hotel offered free massages as part of promotion of its services. Wearing a white nightgown, I was led into a white alley with a dim red light to a small room, where once I took my position on the table, a young girl arrived and immediately asked,"you want Hard, Middle or soft?”

I had no idea what that meant, and which one would do me what. As I later joked with an Ethiopian colleague who was in the next slot (and I could hear him conversing with another girl), I thought HARD might involve a bonus, and said so; only to find out she started pressing my back so hard that I didn’t feel comfortable. Then, I thought maybe it is SOFT that will deliver. To no avail. The girl concentrated on the top part, above the waist, and let me out in 45 minutes. Of course , by then, I have asked for all, Hard, Soft and Middle alternately in the hope some thing will come.

It was only later, that another colleague- actually our boss, told me and Megbaru (the Ethiopian) that if we wanted a bonus we could have said “sweet-ending” to the grils. Todate, I don’t know whether he was joking or was serious.

As usual, I digressed. The moral of the story is I now understand at least scientifically, why mother would get upset when I stop walking on her back and would delightfully scream “halkaa!halkaa” as my boy feet stroke her back. And when I do it lazily, she would shout at me “na dhaaf! Hooyana kuuma ihiye xaasidyahow”. I now know why.

May Mom forgive me.

nuune   

Intaas waxaas oo dhan ka baxdo, indhayarta i duug dheh, korkaaga dhan muntulaando ay ka dhigaayaan adi dhan aa noqonaayo moolto fitamiina.

You need to appreciate the art of massaging sheekhunaa, if you don't appreciate it, you will have have alot of back aches iyo lafaha niikadoo dhan o ku gondado.

A&T.. sorry to say this in public, but all your sheekooying leave me thinking you're the kinda bloke who thinks of a certain something every min of the day...

Ibtisam   

Serenity I think that is most guys, they just don't say it out loud. A& T is a special case. This thread sneaked up on me, I did not realise he started writting again.

MZanzi   

Nice Story !

Is there a story without the sexual angle? It is erotica, after all, so you have to have erotic elements to your story but they shouldn't be standing alone

:D:D:D

The firt time i had a massage was when i was in Addis in 2007 ... I tried that in 2006 in Mombasa but didn't have time as i was in a training the whole freaking day and by the time we finish then the place was closed.

Three places in Addis i went for a massage:

1- Ful Wohaa: i didn't like that place. Although it is the most cheapest one but it is so damn public that you smell the stinky Habash sweatting about 2kms away. Then even if you decide to go for it, it will take you like 6 or even more hours to wait i a queue ,,, I handed over my ticket to a friend and went home.

2- Al-Alam: This place is good and it is owned by Haile Gabre Salase as i'm told. At the reception they ask you if you want a girl or a man to do that massage for you. Of course i said Girl ,, what da heck a man will do with my body ?? ,, It was a really great experience believe me. Those women are so professional and can make the best massage i had.

3- Happy Up: Ohhh ,, i don't wannt talk about this ,, :D

Great Story by da way A&T ,,,,

STOIC   

Waa caafimad issue

Gotta love this dude...Remember to tell them next time Just to go south of the Adam's apple one time... :D