Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

'Pregnant' man fined in SA court

N.O.R.F   

A South African man has been fined $140 for taking a week off work, telling his employers he was pregnant.

Charles Sibindana, 27, stole a certificate from a clinic during his pregnant girlfriend's checkup, a court near Johannesburg heard.

He then added his own details to the note and submitted it and took seven days off work, seemingly unaware that only women consult gynaecologists.

His employers became suspicious and investigated the matter.

On passing sentence Magistrate Bruno Van Eeden warned Mr Sibindana "not to walk around faking sick letters from gynaecologists" as if he was pregnant, the South African Press Association news agency reported.

:D:D:D:D

kixkixkixkix

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/6190772.stm

Miriam1   

^ did u have to kill the joke!?

funny though..sometimes u will do anything for a sick note..univ students know what I am talking about..

Khayr   

He must have very slow employers from them to have give him the 7days off work. It took them 7days to crack his lie....lol

well my grandfather seems to die at least twice every semester, so I totally understand the depths someone will sink to just to get a day off.

If pregnancy will get me a whole week off, then ladies and gentlemen, as of today, I've got a bun cookin' in the oven. :D

Baluug   

Originally posted by XulaXu:

If pregnancy will get me a whole week off, then ladies and gentlemen, as of today, I've got a bun cookin' in the oven.
:D

I'm guessing you should probably take a little more than a week off if you say you're pregnant....

BOB   

Salam Aleikum W.W

I've read this story in one of the daily newspapers and i couldn't stop laughing!

Northerner..Nice 1 My Brother.

Salam Aleikum W.W

Peace, Love & Unity.

Abwaan   

I'm guessing you should probably take a little more than a week off if you say you're pregnant....

by MC Xamar.

i agree with you. One shouldnt take such a risk for just one week.