Sign in to follow this  
Ibtisam

Olympic weightlifter gives birth while training!!

Ibtisam   

An Olympic weightlifter experienced a huge shock while practising for an event when she unexpectedly gave birth to a baby boy.

Chilean Elizabeth Poblete, who competed at the Beijing Olympics, was training in Sao Paulo, Brazil ahead of a meet when the baby boy was born.

Poblete said she had no idea she was pregnant although she did admit to feeling unwell at practice a week before the birth.

The child was born at six months gestation and remains in critical condition. It weighed just 2.25 pounds and measured only 15 inches at birth. The boy is currently on a respirator.

However, Poblete has since left the hospital where the baby is being treated after claiming she does not have the funds to continue medical care for her and her baby.

The hospital denies it discharged the 22-year-old because she failed to pay her bill.

The Chilean finished 12th in the 69-75kg category at the 2008 Olympics.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/15122009/58/olympics-olympic-sports-olympic-weightlifter-gives-birth-t raining.html

MZanzi   

Well, this could be one of those techniques to encourage birth after the due date Just benchpress several hundred pounds

Oh! Oh! I was watching this series titled "I didnt know I was pregnant." And I thought this ought to be interesting. I was expecting to see women who didnt know at first or didnt have morning sickness or something but no, they had no idea until they went in labor! It is true some women really dont experience any syptoms other than fatigue and weight gain. There was even one woman who had experienced an extreme abdomenal pain and thought it was her period, ran to the bathroom, only to deliver her baby right on the toilet, yikes!! So it is possible, very possible.