Sign in to follow this  
wiil-waal

HOW DO YOU FEEL?

hi my fellow nomads, its great to be back

do you feel uncompfortable or threatened suppose your present or future spouse earns more money than you do

lets hear your thoughts...

WIIL-WAAL//A TRUE NOMAD

Hibo   

I would love to see that, it is just more income for us so why get mad or unconfortable!

Hibo   

I wouldn't have a problem if my spouse earned more income than me. But I wonder if my future spouse would have problem if I earned more $$$$ ( I have feeling I will) LoL.

Hibo   

hell yeah i would mind......i can't evan stand the thought that my future huby may earn more income than me...since i want to be the bread winner in the house.....lol just kiding but i wonder why would anyone feel uncomfortable or threathening by getting an extra income regardless of who earns it....aren't they sharing their life together does the word in richer and in poor meant anything to them

just my opinion

------------------

"Don't let life discourage you;everyone who got where he is had to begin where he was"

Hibo   

Welcome back wiil waal?

Heeeel NO! I am planning to save my earnings and spend his..... thats how it should be right?

I don't know how I feel about me earning more... i suppose it's aigt.... but i have a feeling that men prefer to be the breadwinners ... so thats gonna kill their ego a lil ...... just supposing... i stand corrected!

hey there wiil waal it's an interesting topic there. I think that the problem exist when the partner that makes more money uses that excuse to get something or put down their partner then u got a big ohh. personally i don't care if my hubby makes more money than me as long as he spends it on me and his relatives and things like charity to the mosque or what not.now if i make more money than him, well there wouldn't me yours and mine there is only ours, and that money is only there to help us enjoy life comfortably. alrite that's it.

thanks sisters and thanks ameenah for the warm wellcome

i am suprised, so far our brothers are not responding much, is it bcoz of the ego-aspect mentioned by one of our sisters

come on brothers, lets take part of these debate, i know you have something in your mind

WIIL-WAAL//A TRUE NOMAD

ARAWEELO   

I make mo money than my future huby, I guess he is not too happy about that. I do not have a problem if he made more.

More money = More vacations

cwm6.gif

Wiil-Waal, welcome back from your three day vacation. biggrin.gif

Bro, the way it looks, my future partner will kill me on that salary thing. This is becuase I am aiming to get with this owner of a HALAAL MEAT STORE. I just hope she doesn't ask me to knock doors and deliver meat to her nomad clients. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif Things will be very complicated when that happens.

The thought of retirement at an early age will certainly be an option for me, I can be golfing or MC Cruising all day. Seriously speaking, for my situation I certainly wouldn’t mind my spouse making more $$$ as long as she knows who wears the pants in the house lol (I am not kidding about that ladies). The way I see it, it’s more “bacon” or should I say “hilib” for the family.

It’s a customary thing in our culture that men are the breadwinners, if the roles are reversed and the man’s contribution is far less than that of his spouse or (significant other), then he may get the sense that he is a less of man especially if he is married to nagging woman who constantly reminds him of it which I am sure will happen at some point of the marriage. lol (I feel some male bashing is coming up) lol

cwm32.gif

------------------

wizride.gif

Abdinuur   

Wiil-Waal, good question. What is your opinion on this subject?

My future wifey has to be a doctor in order

for her to make more money than I...or somethin' similar...

And if she's a doctor, great.

If she makes or earns more money than I do, it's definitely aight.

Back in the dayz though, men used to feel

uncomfortable and insecure when their

spouses earn more money than themselves,

I think this still exist but most of the

times, it's not a big issue.

I would be happy to marry a lady who makes/earns more G's than I do...but the question is,

where would I find her...?...lol

See ya around the NOMAD ZONE

Hibo   

a lady in my neighborhood has PH.D in her field she is psycologist. she is in her thrities, single and earns pretty decent income. she told me most somalian guys aren't interested in her cuz they feel somewhat uncomfortable...i don't know about you guys but that tells most of the brothers wanna wify that cooks cleans and sits her butt home...what ya think

peace

------------------

"Don't let life discourage you;everyone who got where he is had to begin where he was"

its about time, we hear from you guys, lol just kidding

thanks libaax, actually it was a business trip, not vacation. or maybe both

abdinuur, i was hoping that someone will ask what u did...since u put me on the spot here it goes

i dont mind my spouse making more money, like most pple said,,it will fill up the sack

but, i hope it wont be a thing that will be mentioned suppose we have arguements (like..i dont care leaving u,,coz i make more money anyways..that hurts, but its the truth)

thats all i have

WIIL-WAAL//A TRUE NOMAD

So a poor girl like me who has a Ph.D in the chicken factory, has no chance. I spent 8 years learning how to rif-rif, kari, sol, dub, shiil and I did my thesis on eating it.