Sign in to follow this  
RedSea

Need to build home, consider Daryeel CC.

RedSea   

salamu calaykum,

To all my beloved Somalis in this forum who are interested in building or buying homes back home, here are few suggestions of what construction company to choose from. Check it out and see what you think. Note that this is only effective in Somaliland but Somaliland is still the homeland for every Somali speaking person. http://www.daryeel.com/

http://www.daryeel.com/2005gallery.htm

http://www.daryeel.com/2003gallery.htm

http://www.daryeel.com/2004gallery.htm

http://www.daryeel.com/2003gallery.htm

If you are also want housing that has already been prepared that only needs you to buy and move in considered taking the time to look into the newly built White Sand village.

http://www.whitesandvillage.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=15&Itemid=55

Please note that this isn't the polical section, so don't post any an necessary comments. Just post positive opinions please and don't stir up the section.

your comments are appriciated.

Salamu Calaykum.

SOO MAAL   

Salaam,

Bro red sea,

Thank you for the links, I really enjoyed looking the incredible designs, and attractive houses.

Somaliland is still the homeland for every Somali speaking person.

Well said Red sea, thats how is was in Somali Republic (1960-1969) and Somali Democratic Republic (1969-1991). and hope it will be forever like that!!!

Every somali should feel home in all somali Peninsula, and should have a right to buy/sell a property/house in any somali city,

RedSea   

SALAMU CALAYKUM,

I apologize if I am going little bit crazy with these newly built homes,designs, but you know I like to see Hargeysa recovering from the civil wars in the past as well as other cities in Somalia/Somaliland/Puntland. So check out these new desings and tell me of what you think.In addition, if you have anymore pics from back home please post them , we appriciate seeing them all the time.

http://www.lstarconstruction.com/newdesigns.html

salamu calaykum.

Castro   

^ Afkaaga caano lagu qabay.

Red Sea is peddling these castles in the air while many people don't have food to eat. Shame and careless disregard for the suffering of others describe those who live in such abominations. If you've got so much money it's burning a hole in your pocket, give some of it to the poor and build your mansion in suburban Minneapolis. Allah said don't walk on earth proud and arrogant and these mansions amidst misery are nothing but that.

Does anyone build hospitals or schools in this mofo? :mad:

Johnny B   

You may build as much as you like, i´m gonna bulldoze them all.

What is the idea of having a hungery/sick and poor ppl sleeping on your lawn?

One has to be heartless to enjoy life in such houses. I woulden´t.

Castro   

^ Well, the argument is, these houses are "stimulating" the local economies and employing people. Let's look at that for a moment. None of the material used in the buildings are manufactured in Somalia. None. Furthermore, the owners of the construction companies are themselves expatriates who will siphon the profits out of Somalia. So what do we end up with? Rich expats building mansions for other rich expats. Little or no economic benefits to the communities they're built in but further insult and injury to those who were basically "left behind"

If you're contemplating building one of these abominations, I urge you to reconsider. If you must spend money, do it in a manner that would help the most number of people. If you're not into helping others, build your dream house right where you live. If you want to "keep up with the Jones'", do it here. There are no Jones' in Somalia.

I'm out.

N.O.R.F   

I think a quick visit to Hargaisa is required for some of us. All this talk of poverty and war ravaged country is not as bad as you may think.

People can build what they want when they want and at what price they want, whos to judge another's spending?

Having worked hard for your money its only wise to invest it back into your country. You will employ a few labourers/engineers etc for a few months to build a home. Alot of the building materials are made in the country.

As far as i know blocks/stones/doors and door frames are manufactured in Somaliland. You will need to import the steel/glass panels from Djibouti/Ethiopia.

Will you blame one for building his home in his country? Is it better to buy your home elsewhere? How do you know someone else's charity levels?

Johnny B   

From my point of view it´s the Taxi drivers´type of marketing we´re witnessing here.

"To hell you may head ,i drive thee"

RedSea   

Salamu Calaykum,

As much as I dislike exposing your true ignorance and blindness about the situations back home guys, however I can't help it but to correct your illsided argument and your dark views in which you have about Somalia. I can only try to educate you,because your arguments are baseless and non subjective.

First to answer to some of the nonsense that you have uttered. I would like to say that you have interpeted my message wrong. When I was posting this I intended it for those Somalis who are aware of the situation back home but never did I intended for two air heads like you who by everytime make useless comments.

The fact of the matter is that these homes are not built by rich for the rich, but they are homes built by ordinary hard working somalis who then get paid in fair enough money. The sites that I have posted are sites for construction companies who are owned and operated by none other than Somalis, except one I might add, and that is White Sand Village which is shared by Somalis and some Idonesians.

Secondly, I would be lying to say to you that all the equipments are made there, but the truth is mojority of the equipment are domestic including the beds,chairs, luxurious sofas, and all construction goods as well. This is not just true for Somaliland only, but also Puntland has and you might even be surprised to hear that Moqdisho has it too. So brothers, you have got the wrong impression about your homeland, one visit might cure all that.

After that, to take a look at your other point in which you said the people are hungry while poeple are building mansions. True that many Somalis are hungry but you must understand we Somalis have long history of always being family oriented poeple who relly on each other. Each Somali who is financially fit always takes care of the other, that is the way we Somalis have always survived through the civil wars and poverty. However, all these cosntruction comp. create job oppurtunity for alot of people in the country. They build homes, Schools, hospitals and many more and those are facts not just some nonsense that I have uttered out like you have. I urge you to get the facts straight and take sometime to think before you post, because these things are read by actuall poeple who are expecting more from you.

Finally, Castro I don't really know who you are and what you are made of when you are making comments such as the one you said, it would better off if I built a home in Minneapolis for the hungry rather than going overseas. You see my brother, my profile might show I am from Minneapolis but I am not, I am from the beautiful sunny Hargeysa and I would rather build and spend anything that I get into Hargeysa and other Somali cities rather than spending it on foreing country. Maybe you should think the same way and the world could be better place for all of us or at least halt your comments, buecause they make no sense whatsoever. Hey Timoweyne, I have edited my comments but you need to comb that cheesy head of yours before you come on here.

Salamu Calaykum.

Salamu Calaykum.

Castro   

^ Atheer calm down. You don't own one of these companies, do you?

My vision of going home and sharing my wealth is to build something of use to the people. For example, a milk factory. Or a road. A clinic or part of a hospital. A library. A school (or part of it). Once I've done that, I can build my "dream" house without having to feel guilty. But to build these mansions so my rich brat kids could spend three months of the year there is unacceptable. They will live as others live when they go on vacation.

Northener: Hargeisa may be, though I doubt it, the exception to the poverty and destitution that reign supreme in other areas. Even then, how does building a mansion among rubbish count as in investment into the homeland? It is pure vanity if you ask me. But to each his own. Just don't rub it in our faces.