Sign in to follow this  
Pujah

Good Looks

Pujah   

Most of us only consider good looking partners but did you know it’s actually good to be shallow considering it means more dough in your “future” join checking account :D:D

Good looks can have a real impact on workers' bank accounts, according to research by Daniel Hamermesh and Jeff Biddle published in the Journal of Labor Economics. Attractive people earn about 5 percent more in hourly pay than their average-looking colleagues, who in turn earn 9 percent more per hour than the plainest-looking workers.

Plain-looking workers may also receive fewer promotions than those awarded to their more striking contemporaries.

Do Pretty People Earn More?

RedSea   

^Are you calling out Faraxs?

As for the topic: I don't think so.There are many other things that can have impact and determine how much you earn and what class you belong into.Education and hardwork have alot to do with it.Look at Bill gates,he is not that "good" looking of a guy neither is Donald Trump or Oprah without makeup. :D

However,this research may be fitting for Hollywood actors and actresses.Actors such as Tom Cruise,Brad Pitt,George Clooney.Their looks earn them big bucks.

Furthermore,J.Lo's badhi is very popular as well as Pam Anderson' twins. :D

Pejah, am I the copy cat or you,cuz we got the same avator,good one though.Masha Allah.

Forget it Bob I must have been mistaken.

Anyways im out, So please make sure your next response is not "when?" or "why?" I won't be around to answer it. :D

Pujah   

Originally posted by Valenteenah:

What rubbish.

^^ Why do you think its rubbish? Besides good looks does play major role in the job market why else would you look your BEST when going for interview :D

Red Sea stop copying me...change your avator ASAP

A good friend of mine (a Greek guy) still cant understand how pretty Xaliimo's choose to mate with skinny Faarax's with "can openers for teeth" ...

So could this be seen as untapped opportunity?

Shakti   

good looks. Aha

I remember once watching this show on the discovery channel, the shows subject was attraction & looks.. One of the thing researchers of the show discovered (which got me laughing) was when one looks at an attractive person their endorphin level increases tremendously! hence for the attraction!!

I wonder if the opposite applies. :D

Anywho, i do not believe employs care much on 1s look when it comes 2 hiring or promoting..

so 2 the ugly-ducklies do not fear :D