Sign in to follow this  
QUANTUM LEAP

Is this beginning of Somali deportations?

LANDER   

Originally posted by Libaax-Sankataabte:

But one must be very careful not to portray Somaliland as a state not welcoming other law abiding Somalis merely because of their clan affilition. It truely sends the wrong message which would only re-inforce the perception by some that Somaliland is a state that still upholds tribal privileges despite its recent advances in direct local democracy.

Libaax,

I agree with you 100%, I think "careful" is the right word. I personally wouldn't mind seing Somaliland become a safe haven for all somalis, but what concerns me is the current mood and atmosphere of the population. I don't know how welcoming they would be to other somalis given the current state of affairs. Hopefully though things will cool down and the atmosphere will stabilize once again.

I think taking back refugees without being recognized is not wise. You can hardly take care of your own population, how will you take care of another? Its not like most refugees will disperse through out Somaliland they will converge to either Hargeisa or Buroa, and already Hargeisa has enough people. There are water shortages, and it will only exacerbate the resource scarcity that already exists.

king_450   

quote from spadez

You can hardly take care of your own population, how will you take care of another?

Spadez, tell me this what country are you in now, and how did you get there, imagine they (whichever) country your are,says we will not accept Spadez becuase he is not a refugee from our own ppl? word!

Actually they do say that. Its a legitimate question. If you are able to take in refugees that is well and good. If however, you yourself have nothing why on earth would you take refugees from Europe that have a better standard of living and bringing them back to Africa, where not only they but the ones who are already there will have to compete for the little that is out there. Maybe if you watched videos of the people that beg in the streets you would understand more hungry mouths is not the solution. By the way, I'm not speaking about the deportees as foreigners, but people that the local population cannot absorb because due to lack of resources. If there were recourses, I'd be the first one to say, all the Somali people around the world, including me, you, those in NFD, Jabuuti, anywhere to live in Somaliland. Unfortunately, at the moment Somaliland is not a place with abundant resources. Don't twist my words.

I concur with Spad.....Somaliland hasnt got the facilities to cope with any kinda repatriation. If the UK cant cope how will a aregion fighting for independence ever cope. If the leaders in SL are smart enough, they shouldnt accept any such deals besides returning Malis now would be counter productive in the sense that there would be no system to cope with their up keeping, education and most of the money they would have made to send back home would be lost as agood source of income.

Originally posted by QUANTUM LEAP:

they shouldnt accept any such deals besides returning Malis

Shq, I think this is just a street talk. Riyaale wasn't there to accept any "deportation" deal. It is probably a propaganda.

Yeah but any country that is looking for Independence would probably do anything for recorgnition especially when its the British Government. Having said that, it could just be that ...PROPAGANDA...

N.O.R.F   

^^ We dont like ungrateful ppl. We took your a$$ in, and this is how you repay us? Bloody refugees! The Queen

lol, damn hostility towards a brother :rolleyes:

Dear queen

Me been here now 10 years, still me no ingriisi and i like my cayd too, me chew all nite and in sleep all day, i like yr free money so i can chew and sleep, so tanagyu for yr helb.

I will on go back if u give me £100,000 for a house and business back in s/alnd so please send a check via post.