Sign in to follow this  
Sophist

Feminism has one virtue: it shows that the West is still capable of certainty

Sophist   

Interesting qoutes!

If you seek amusement, seek it in the absurdities of kufr.

Extremism has no enemy save those it claims to defend.

Extremism should preoccupy us only when it becomes the cause as well as the consequence of failure.

The greatest achievement of the ego is to make virtue unattractive.

Feuerbach : theological epistemology is anthropology. The Sunna : anthropology is theological epistemology.

I thought I should share these with you.

Literalism is literally a type of tahrif

How is any of it nothing but poetry? How is this If you seek amusement, seek it in the absurdities of kufr. or this The greatest achievement of the ego is to make virtue unattractive. (ignoring factual error embedded in it as no such thing as ego exists) in any way meaningful other than to let us know how the sayer sees the world? Isn't that what poetry is essentially all about, for poets to mouth off their feelings by pretending to be furthering the cause of truth or knowledge? Of course they do otherwise poetry would have answered important questions by now or solved major world problems. That poetry hasn't furthered cause of knowledge and truth for 1000s of years is prove positive it's nothing but idle contemplation. Epistemically worthless.

Personally, I get quotes of equal utalitarian use from fortune cookies. For example, the other day I got one that read Sometimes shid happens and someone has to wipe!. Very profound indeedy!

Ms DD   

You know Sophist, some are unable to engage in discussion or debate without acrimony and belittling comments.

NGONGE   

Originally posted by Socod_badne:

Shouldn't this be posted in poetry section?

Hasty rambler. Reading the title of the thread I would have thought this should really be posted in the Women section. Reading the first line of the thread (where he says: interesting quotes) my first instinct would have been to expect to read such stuff in the Joke section. The quote about amusement and kufr would not be out of place in the Islam section. The one about extremism can both fit into the Islam and Politics section. The quotes about the ego and those (quotes) that follow it could easily be put forward as a subject on the Camel Milk Debate section. So, in conclusion, and I accept no counter arguments on this, the thread is too General to place, son. Pick a line and dissect it instead of worrying about its correct placement on this forum. :D

Khayr   

^^^

Ngonge,

How do you find so much time to ramble on and on-so masterfully! smile.gif

The greatest achievement of the ego is to make virtue unattractive.

True.

Sophist, I see now that you are becoming a fan of Murad's Contentions.

Me thinks that it would sound more eloquent in the arabic language.

Sophist   

I know the thinker; I am no disciple but he led our Friday prayers when I was at Cambridge. He is truly exceptional.

By the way he is an English man.

Originally posted by Sophist:

Socod: You have a tendecy in attempting to trivialise things but whimsicality takes over you brother.

More poetry. Is the above cogent reply to my last post or emotional reaction to it? I have provided my reasons accounting for my call that this thread belongs in poetry section and still awaits rebuttal.

Originally posted by NGONGE:

Hasty rambler.

Naah! Just have nose for sniffing out metaphysical and aesthetic BS suspended in meretricious trappings to make them look worthy of serious consideration.

Pick a line and dissect it instead of worrying about its correct placement on this forum.
:D

Why would I wanna dissect poetry? To what practical end? What is to be gained by dissecting fiction? And even if you did attempt to dissect it, what empirical evidence can you present that'll show these quotes to be wrong? None! And that's my point. NOt only is any evidence against them be imponderable but the quotes themselves are imponderable as they only exist in language, not in reality.

NGONGE   

quote:

Pick a line and dissect it instead of worrying about its correct placement on this forum.
:D

Originally posted by Socod_badne:

Why would I wanna dissect poetry? To what practical end? What is to be gained by dissecting fiction? And even if you did attempt to dissect it, what empirical evidence can you present that'll show these quotes to be wrong? None! And that's my point. NOt only is any evidence against them be imponderable but the quotes themselves are imponderable as they only exist in language, not in reality. [/QB]
big_headed_tiny_dog_chasing_tail_md.gif