Sign in to follow this  
Chimera

Daniel Radcliffe Calls for Somali Co-stars

Cara.   

Well hello Naden. Trust an old crone to pop out of the wood woodwork at the mention of a tender morsel. Waxaad muurmuursato miyaad wayday? :D

This is my way of saying you've been missed around here. Xagee ka dhacday?

Originally posted by Naden:

Dan Eldon was a foolish young guy who belonged to a foolish fraternity of eager journalists (trained or wannabes) who travel into war zones, hoping to capture that Pulitzer worthy image to open the world of newsmaking to their 22 or 25 year old selves.

Eldon was killed by a Mogadishu 'mob' (can't see how they can avoid another Black Hawk fiasco). When I do see a war paparazzi's image of horror, I gawk like millions of people everywhere. Remember that picture of a vulture hovering over a dying kid?

Having said all that, I wouldn't mind being in Radcliffe's flick. I promise not to stare at the camera with my buck-toothed smile of the absurd.

Young,Ambitious and Foolish. Nothing wrong with that combo. Dan,was brave. It is the senseless militia that is foolish.

Fabregas   

The film will cast Somalis in bad light. You know, the type where the nice white boy gets eaten and killed by cannibalistic Africans. But, what the heck, I wouldn't mind to appear as one extra skinny savage and get a little bit of money. :D Where at the auditions again? ;)

Originally posted by Fabregas:

The film will cast Somalis in bad light. You know, the type where the nice white boy gets eaten and killed by cannibalistic Africans. But, what the heck, I wouldn't mind to appear as one extra skinny savage and get a little bit of money.
:D
Where at the auditions again?
;)

L0L, in bad light?

Fabregas   

Originally posted by Faarax-Brawn:

quote:Originally posted by Fabregas:

The film will cast Somalis in bad light. You know, the type where the nice white boy gets eaten and killed by cannibalistic Africans. But, what the heck, I wouldn't mind to appear as one extra skinny savage and get a little bit of money.
Where at the auditions again?
;)

L0L, in bad light?
lol, i didn't mean it will make them blacker than they already are. in a bad light, like savages, ba ka wade. :D

Cara.   

But Fabregas, cannibals kill to eat. That would seem to be an improvement on our image. We just kill each other for no apparent reason.

Originally posted by Cara:

But Fabregas, cannibals kill to eat. That would seem to be an improvement on our image. We just kill each other for no apparent reason.

Naden   

Cara, who are you calling an old crone? :mad: :D

LOL, I actually remember Eldon's death and the big hoopla of the Western media. I'm not surprised someone with Radcliffe's clout would be attracted to that post-teen foolish bravado. Freelance journalists in 90s war zones are reminders of the young cadaan aid workers of the 70s and 80s in their 4X4s, roaming Africa, teaching blacks to fish with their liberal arts degrees.

ladies, please, you should be thinking of the little boy with oversized glasses that needs your help crossing the road.

harry.jpg

and not the potential of fulfilling some of sirens suggestion with his leather strapped "beerta raaxada" (see oz for clarification)

00010003.jpg

Darn you all. If acting is what you all expect of me(as much burden as it is ;) ), award-winning one I shall deliver :D But I will only play the girl working with him side by side through all kinds of impossible situations which includes nursing orphan children back to life and standing up the militia, yup the fearless heroin whom Dan is in love with but who swore off such silly things because there is too much at stake icon_razz.gif Where do I audition?