Sign in to follow this  
Chimera

Daniel Radcliffe Calls for Somali Co-stars

Malika   

* Off to enroll at the local drama school*

Where is Lily,Ms DD? Girls the chance to really live the dream[erm being pirates wives] is here..Baal someone find out where the auditions will be at.. :D

Of all the great Actors that could have been cast to highlight us Somalis and our blood thristy civil wars they send in Harry Potter?

Indeed I am overcome with feverish excitment. Radcliff if your watching (As Adam is want to believe)-I never did like you and that ginger toser you played along side in the potter movies. Though I did like you in David Copperfield-at least in that you were charming.

Oops there goes my chances of being a movie star.

The 20 year old is preparing to film The Journey Is The Destination, in which he will play Dan Eldon, the British photojournalist whose work brought global attention to the Somali civil war in the 1990s

Let me send an email out. Dan,was more Kenyan than he was British. He Was three when he came. smile.gif

If Potter wants to keep it real and authentic,i will like for him to chew qat and have a taqsin the size of a grande star bucks cup. That is wat Dan did. smile.gif

Gee,i cant beleive it has been that long. It felt like yesterday when his father started the D.E.P.O.T(Dan eldon's place of tomorrow)..and certainly,i can still see the excitment on my uncle's face whenever he was telling me about Dan's Mogadishu days.

Daniel,if you are reading this: I will be watching for you,L0L. :D

Naden   

Dan Eldon was a foolish young guy who belonged to a foolish fraternity of eager journalists (trained or wannabes) who travel into war zones, hoping to capture that Pulitzer worthy image to open the world of newsmaking to their 22 or 25 year old selves.

Eldon was killed by a Mogadishu 'mob' (can't see how they can avoid another Black Hawk fiasco). When I do see a war paparazzi's image of horror, I gawk like millions of people everywhere. Remember that picture of a vulture hovering over a dying kid?

Having said all that, I wouldn't mind being in Radcliffe's flick. I promise not to stare at the camera with my buck-toothed smile of the absurd.

Chimera   

I just received an email from Daniel, he told me to tell you guys to 'drop off a cliff'

lol he got great sense of humour. :D

Ibtisam   

^^LOOOL You didn't?

this thread was the last thing I read before going to sleep, I had a dream about a war zone and someone was shot in the eye and I was crying over a little child much like the one in the above picture, and there was a white man walking around and people were looking at him like he was going to save them all, but he just kept taking pictures. I guess I was thinking/ dream about the film. :(

Ibtisam   

^^8hrs!!!!!! Who sleeps 8hrs??? :eek: Gosh I wish.

you did dream, you just were in too deeper sleep to remember.

May be I shall try acting, yep i made my decision, ok Dan and Co cast me in... I wanna be the bad guy who ultimately kills Dan - I mean teh character of course -(no pun intended) i just like to have the last say!

:D

Cheers

^^^ we will get into the characters - we are all skiny and am sure the visual effects dudes can do some work on us, na'mean!

Paragon, well back in the days - playing filim filimeey in the streets of Waberi - helped me finetune my laadaro skills! i tell yuh - amjad khan has nothing on me :D