Sign in to follow this  
Chimera

Self-destruction mode.

Chimera   

There are Somali couples who in their younger years (when they are hunting one another) looked so beautiful and handsome, that you wonder why after a few years of hitching they don't seem to care anymore, and go into self-destruct mode?

I know that the gym culture is flourishing in our community, but it doesn't hurt to liven up your marriage a bit through anniversary dinners, attending important seminars, weddings, staying in touch with your old friends to keep that peer pressure up(nobody wants to look less beautiful or handsome in front of their old friends). Leave the home once in a while on a trip with the kids.

Guriga joog ma fiicno, it deteriorates people's health and looks.

Chimera   

^No wonder you old guys have to run back to Africa to stand a chance, you can't compete with the new generation of young Somali men here scooping up all the beautyqueens. Just a month ago a friend of mine bought his second time pregnant wife a car on their sixth anniversary, and their mutual attraction/love is still as strong as ever!

Get with the program awoowe!

getting a farah to give u gift and pay for dinner... someone tell her shes dreaming

Ma cunto iyo gift baad ka qaylinee? Why would I be dreaming? Thats the least a husband can give his wife.

Adam,

I know a woman who was sent to the Bahamas to "relax" when she got pregnant.

I know another one who received a diomond necklace and a lexus when she had her first baby. Thank God, the brothers are stepping up! :cool:

Chimera   

Lol, I don't think I would send her on any long distance trips like the Bahamas with such a precious thing inside her, I would be more like a good friend of mine, who for 9 1/2 months slept only 3hrs a day as he was continuesly on 'standby' mode, and even broke off all contact with us so his wife had his full attention. He eventually lost his job because of the amount of emergencies, such as check ups, groceries, driving her to her friends and family etc, that the company didn't consider real 'emergencies', and his refusal to stop resulted in a P45 in month eight. :D

I don't think our fathers really grasped the burden of pregnancy since our mothers were more stoic than today's sisters. I think the best gift a husband can give his wife after childbirth, is motivation and support by going with her to the gym. I heard the months post-labour are the most depressing months for a woman, this can have a negative effect on the marriage and her self-esteem. Another valuable gift would be the belly wrap device that transformed Jessica Alba after her pregnancy.

Chimera   
:D , why not, it did wonders for her. I'm trying to figure out all of this stuff now, so i'm ready when that era comes in the future. It's better to be prepared than walk around like a lame duck who doesn't help ease the burden.

Aaliyyah   

^ getting a farah to give u gift and pay for dinner... someone tell her shes dreaming

lool younger farahs are up to date with the gift giving, getting the chair out and all that sweet things. Sadly they are brokeeeeeee...that dinner is probably some cheap *** restaurant. And, the older folks might have some money saved up but too bad they lack all the romantic side...haye xagee la aada marka smile.gif

salaam

Aaliyyah   

Lol, I don't think I would send her on any long distance trips like the Bahamas with such a precious thing inside her, I would be more like a good friend of mine, who for 9 1/2 months slept only 3hrs a day as he was continuesly on 'standby' mode, and even broke off all contact with us so his wife had his full attention. He eventually lost his job because of the amount of emergencies, such as check ups, groceries, driving her to her friends and family etc, that the company didn't consider real 'emergencies', and his refusal to stop resulted in a P45 in month eight

lol miskiin. I hope he gets a better job in the future. But, I must admit that was a little bit too much. It must have been their first child.

As for the topic I think this topic was posted and abused way too many times lol. I think it all boils down to the individual rather than generalizing that all married people forget their personal life after marriage.

Chimera   

Yep first child, he found a good IT job not long after his daughter was born, so he is alright.

and I didn't mean all married people, why are you so defensive? Did you get hitched during your absence here, and forgot to tell us about it?

mmmmmmmm....Bladland detectives need to be called in.

Chimera   

^Is it true when they say, all you need is just love, Is it true?

What about those who have loved

Only to find that it's taken away

And why do they say that the children have rights to be free, To be free

What about those who I've known

Whose memory still lives inside of me.

Aaliyah,

What did the Young Man say

Before he stole you away

On that fateful day Aaliyah

Aaliyah,

Did he know your name

Or the plans we made,

To go to New York City, Aaliyah -

Aaliyyah   

^my favorite song of Knaan he is talking about a girl he loved that was killed in the war zone. I actually cried the first time I heard it. This song is full of emotions.

But your twist is wack...were you bored lol? icon_razz.gif

salaam