Sign in to follow this  
Ismahaan

Proposed New Somali Flag

Tuujiye   

Foolxumaa Calankaan cuudu bilaah!!

Calaamadaha lugu dhajiyo sharoobooyinka uuba u eg yahay wili kuwa carabta uff naga taga dheh!

Wareer Badanaa!!!

Originally posted by Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiy aar:

Much ado about nothing.

If an issue gets people talking, it helps them realise their commonality. so talking is always much ado about something.

Aaliyyah   

Exactly. I know bad news sells but there lots of Somali organizations that fundraise and lobby for building/improving hospitals and schools.

You are absolutely right walaalo. And, I am 100% behind all those organizations who care for the well being of their people. But my point was lets not waste money on killers that way it prevents people from killing innocent people. And, that they will know if they kill someone they will also be killed. Theres no way out. a soul for a soul.

salaam

I remember the below story which I read when I was 13 yrs in the newspaper,

You have got to be kidding me Sabriya ,,, :D

13 years old and in a newspaper and still can write the full story ?? ,,,, You must be 14 or something then ,,, :D

Ismahaan   

Originally posted by Zulfa:

Ismahaan, I used to believe in the power of Education to change the current situation of Somalia. But, unfortunately, I figured out that education is not everything without Intention. A real, honest and firm INTENTION to change the situation, a collaborative intention by all the Somalis.

I totally respect and admire your opinion but, Competition for power, resources, ignorance as well as the colonial legacy is the most significant factor that has created and sustained the clan-based militia conflicts. The Somali civil war is fundamentally rooted in traditional tribal system and ignorance. Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance. So in my opinion, education is very important for an individual's success in life. It brings economic wealth, social prosperity and political stability. In general most Somali parents are un-educated (Islamic and bookwise) , they have kids just for their own pleasure and the kids have to deal with difficult behaviour because of their parent's irresponsibility. Without education the children are left to be taught by their surroundings outside of the home. Remember kids are kids (they soak everything they see and hear) and I fully believe that the home environment plays a major role in young girls/ boys when making decisions about their lives.Surprisingly, most Somali parents do not teach their kids deen and patriotism. Instead they teach their kids qabil.

I strongly believe that children learn from their parents.Patriotism as well as aqlaaq begins at home, so we need to educate our children about the importance of loving one another regardless of their tribal origin or ethnicity. Somali Parents must start teach their children how to live for their nation and lead their nation. We need to become better human beings, to have better visions for ourselves as parents and for our children who will hold the torch for the survival of the Somali nation. If we as parents teach our kids to love, honour and respect for their country as well as for their fellow man, they will not only be graced by a sense of patriotism, they will become better citizens, and in turn role models for our future generations. Setting good instances of patriotism should, in turn, teach our children that every person counts, no matter who they might be, or which clan they belong too.

Ps: Kuwa aad i leedahay aqoontooda waxba ma tarin waa kuwii awalba iyagoo waa weeyn Somalia ka soo tagey oo hadana inteey gadaal ugu noqdaan inta ka hartey sii duminaya really kuwaas aqoontooda waxba ma tarayso. New generation ka in la badalo baa muhiim ah.

peace smile.gif

Nematoda   

I actualy like it. beats the old flag any day.

hey may be the religious text will give us a new sense of purity( though god knows that land is anything but pure). may be god will look down at us and remember that we are still his servents, may be we will realise that life is too short and that a man caries only his deeds to the grave.

god bless somalia